PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 11-01-2013, 23:28   #46
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Nice one Sweey, the dude is after coming back at me now asking if I want it for 600e, I have him on the ropes.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 04:58   #47
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I made the first moves and ordered these.

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance Mid Tower Case €63.33 (New Dabs)
PSU: OCZ Technology PSU, ModXStream Pro, 700W €83 (new Dabs)
RAM: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile €39.22 (New Dabs)

Next round I'm thinking about getting the CPU and Mobo

Defiantly going with the AsRock z77 Extreme 4 and the i5 3570k

After that then we just need to pick up either the ASUS 660ti OR the Sapphire 7950. Starting to look like the end of the month.

MstSweey, what do you make of the PSU I picked up? I done a lot of reading up on it and it gets rave reviews, especially due to it been semi Mod and ultra quite. More so I'm hoping it's enough juice to power two GPUs down the line. Again, from what I read it'll do the finest.

Waiting to pounce on a deal for an SSD, preferable a 240Gb any brand other than a SanDisk as long as it's good vaule.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 15-01-2013, 21:28   #48
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
I made the first moves and ordered these.

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance Mid Tower Case €63.33 (New Dabs)
PSU: OCZ Technology PSU, ModXStream Pro, 700W €83 (new Dabs)
RAM: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile €39.22 (New Dabs)

Next round I'm thinking about getting the CPU and Mobo

Defiantly going with the AsRock z77 Extreme 4 and the i5 3570k

After that then we just need to pick up either the ASUS 660ti OR the Sapphire 7950. Starting to look like the end of the month.

MstSweey, what do you make of the PSU I picked up? I done a lot of reading up on it and it gets rave reviews, especially due to it been semi Mod and ultra quite. More so I'm hoping it's enough juice to power two GPUs down the line. Again, from what I read it'll do the finest.

Waiting to pounce on a deal for an SSD, preferable a 240Gb any brand other than a SanDisk as long as it's good vaule.
The two best SSDs at the moment are the Samsung 840 Pro and what I believe is the OCZ Vertex 4. The Samsung 830 is also excellent but do not buy the 840 non-pro as it uses lower quality cells than the 830, 830 Pro, 840 Pro and Vertex 4. The Crucial M4 was also raved about for a time so throw that in depending on your budget.

I believe the PSU will be powerful enough for two graphics card as long as you aren't overclocking anything too much. Given the 10% rule of PSU degradation per year (probably inaccurate but a decent starting point), you don't want to be sailing too close to the maximum wattage. There will be plenty of questions about that very consideration on Google. Personally I've never liked the thought of two graphics cards due to the heat generated and the fact that not all games support the standard (SLI/CrossFire depending on brand) perfectly.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 06:00   #49
Dundon's
W.G.P

Sweey, 2x 7850's have turned up here so I started asking questions, have to move swift because something is telling me it's a get deal. He's asking 280e for the pair.

http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards...50-2gb/2527397

Also a single 7950 turned up on the same local boards I visit for 310e but I'd be hoping to cut the arse of that.

http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards...dition/2522244

I'm thinking now which if any I should pounce on?

Meanwhile, back on the farm...

I ordered the i5 3570k and Z77 extreme 4 off Amazon brand new with a lil 16 GB usb drive for 338e Inc P&P.

Almost there and so far the build has cost me 525 Yo's and I'm delighted with the components I've chosen.

P.S Thanks for the advice you've helped me an awful lot.

Old 18-01-2013, 04:46   #50
Dundon's
W.G.P

Ok I pulled the Dabs order of the case, ram and PSU. After reading your post I started getting paranoid about the 700w PSU, I also pulled the cheap case and decided to go the extra mile and get something a bit more long term. On top of that then I cancelled the CPU and Mobo order on Amazon as I'd of been waiting 3 weeks for the z77 Extreme 4 board.

So instead I done a little more research and placed a completely new order on Amazon.

Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2 USB3.0 ATX PC Case - Black 77.98

Just got some amazing reviews and has some excellent features along with great cable management. The handle is also supposed to be superb.

Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, USB 3.0, 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 7.1 CH HD Audio 126.22

For the sake of like an extra 25 I went for the superior model, aside from looking unnatural it's got all the latest features the bios is supposed to be very user friendly via some lovely menus. The heatsinks on this version are also miles ahead of the Extreme 4. This card was originally nearly double the price of the Extreme 4 version but had a massive price cut recently and is pound for pound a way better board.

PSU: OCZ OCZ750FTY-UN Fatal1ty Series High-Performance 750W PSU 75.97

Took into account what you said and went for the extra mile, beautiful and silent PSU.

Well happy now but one of the hardest things I've ever had to decide on because there's just so many ways you can go. Also this is my first real build on my own accord, built a few PCs in the past but got a lot of help of friends when picking the components. This order is final though, no turning back on this one.

Old 19-01-2013, 13:31   #51
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I prefer a single 7950 to 2 x 7850. That does not mean the performance of a single 7950 is greater, its just because not all games are optimised for CrossFire upon release and I don't like the thought of having to sort out problems between two cards. The 7950 is perfectly capable at 1920 x 1080.
Old 20-01-2013, 15:44   #52
Dundon's
W.G.P

Aye, was told that by someone else aswell so I'll defiantly go single card, especially after what you're saying now.

Dude, I'm going to order the i5 3570k tomorrow. Will I be needing a better heat sink off the bat if I'm not looking to OC it? I read it'd be fine upto 4.0 ghz if I did decided to clock but I'm not looking at doing that until the CPU starts showing it's age. With that said though, I'm new to overclocking and aren't 100% sure how easy or safe it is to do. Would you overclock it and buy a new heatsink from day one?

Another question aswell Sweey, I read the Corsair LP Ram worked best of all the other brands out there using two 4Gb sticks, but I remember you saying you preferred the XMS3 and it has stuck in my mind.

Tomorrow I'm ordering the CPU, Ram and SSD and just want to make sure I choose correctly. The SSD is the Crucial M4128Gb.

Old 20-01-2013, 15:53   #53
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Aye, was told that by someone else aswell so I'll defiantly go single card, especially after what you're saying now.

Dude, I'm going to order the i5 3570k tomorrow. Will I be needing a better heat sink off the bat if I'm not looking to OC it? I read it'd be fine upto 4.0 ghz if I did decided to clock but I'm not looking at doing that until the CPU starts showing it's age. With that said though, I'm new to overclocking and aren't 100% sure how easy or safe it is to do. Would you overclock it and buy a new heatsink from day one?

Another question aswell Sweey, I read the Corsair LP Ram worked best of all the other brands out there using two 4Gb sticks, but I remember you saying you preferred the XMS3 and it has stuck in my mind.

Tomorrow I'm ordering the CPU, Ram and SSD and just want to make sure I choose correctly. The SSD is the Crucial M4128Gb.
Overclocking is easy and safe as long as you don't start specifying voltages without checking online. Get the retail 3570K to be sure you get a heatsink and that will be fine to begin with. Even with a small overclock, the standard heatsink should be fine. There will be plenty of guides on the internet with people using the same processor and/or motherboard. Just do a bit of reading and pay particular attention to voltages.

I don't like installing a heatsink afterwards because you have to remove the motherboard to get to the screws on the underside which hold the heatsink in place but if you're happy to do it later that's completely fine. I would personally overclock on day one to get it stable - that way its working from the start and you don't have to fiddle later on.

The Crucial M4 128GB is the correct one.

Corsair LP Vengeance RAM overclocks well while XMS3 doesn't overclock as much (if at all - I believe it does but not a lot). I don't bother overclocking the RAM, just the CPU so that's why I like the XMS3. The CPU and RAM are linked when overclocking on my motherboard (I believe it was a Sandy Bridge chipset design) but I'm sure you can overclock the CPU and RAM independently on Ivy Bridge boards.
Old 20-01-2013, 16:05   #54
Dundon's
W.G.P

That's sound advice Sir, I'll use the regular heat sink and maybe look into doing a small OC. Good point about the board having to come out, I'm not looking forward to stripping off the thermal paste either to be honest.

Any suggestions on some decent and silent fans? I'm looking for a Red LED for the front and a few for the inside. The CM Storm 2 only comes with an exhaust fan which is a bit of a balls but I knew that when selecting it, the case is just superb though and I wasn't leaving that put me off.

After tomorrows order I'm only left with a GPU and I'm going to play that by ear as I'm certain I'll pick one up handy if I keep my eyes peeled. A nice Gtx670 turned up on that site, if I didn't have to shell out on the other bits I'd of went for it in a shot.

Old 20-01-2013, 16:17   #55
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
That's sound advice Sir, I'll use the regular heat sink and maybe look into doing a small OC. Good point about the board having to come out, I'm not looking forward to stripping off the thermal paste either to be honest.

Any suggestions on some decent and silent fans? I'm looking for a Red LED for the front and a few for the inside. The CM Storm 2 only comes with an exhaust fan which is a bit of a balls but I knew that when selecting it, the case is just superb though and I wasn't leaving that put me off.

After tomorrows order I'm only left with a GPU and I'm going to play that by ear as I'm certain I'll pick one up handy if I keep my eyes peeled. A nice Gtx670 turned up on that site, if I didn't have to shell out on the other bits I'd of went for it in a shot.
Before buying any other fans, check the temperatures of the CPU and GPU. The reason I say that is this little story:

In my Silverstone TJ-09 case, my GPU would idle at 51 degrees when turned on and 54 degrees after a game had been run at least once. My CPU would idle at around 52 degrees which is hot. Basically, poor airflow which wasn't helped by additional fans. In order to keep the GPU temperature steady at 74 degrees under 100% load, I had to have the fan running at about 67% which is loud. These are ridiculous temperatures and the case had 2 intake fans (both 120mm) and three exhaust (all 120mm).

Since moving into my Antec 1100 over Christmas with only two exhaust fans (1 x 120mm, 1 x 200mm), my GPU idles at 47 degrees when turned on and 51 degrees after a game has been run at least once. My CPU idles at 39 - that's around 13 degrees lower than the Silverstone case. Better yet, I was playing Mass Effect 3 last night and the GPU didn't go over 61% with the fan speed at around 45%. At 100% load I believe the GPU doesn't go above 65 degrees with the fan speed at 55% - that's at least nine degrees lower than the previous case with the fan 12% slower and A LOT quieter. If I were to add two intake fans - which clearly aren't necessary - I believe the GPU would idle at about 3 degrees lower...but is it really worth it? No. Better still, the standard case fans supplied with the Antec are quieter than the extra-special ones I fitted into the Silverstone case. So, the standard ones shift more air AND are quieter in this case - the opposite of what you would expect. In fact, I was working at home on Friday and my room was freezing because I could feel the cold air that the top 200mm exhaust fan was shifting from the case.

It is also possible sometimes that additional fans can upset the airflow. That is why I return to my first sentence. Before buying any other fans, check the temperatures of the CPU and GPU :>
Old 20-01-2013, 16:30   #56
Dundon's
W.G.P

Hmmm, interesting.

Are you familiar with the case I've picked up? One of it's strongest features was that it was a Cool Master but they still mentioned a bad point of only having one fan built in when you get it.

Only addressing this now so I can pop one in the basket for my next order.

Old 20-01-2013, 16:34   #57
Sweey
Administrator

Can't watch it at the moment due to the Milan-Bologna game but he (Linus) loved my monitor (Samsung S27B970D) and the Antec 1100 case :>

Where is the fan? I would at least go for one exhaust at the back and one at the top. Two at the top isn't a crime either. Don't worry about the sides unless you've got temperature issues.

EDIT: Just seen the fan is at the back.
Old 20-01-2013, 16:45   #58
Sweey
Administrator

Dundon's, have a look at this: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2239402 - discussion of quiet 120mm fans which move a decent amount of air.
Old 20-01-2013, 16:49   #59
Dundon's
W.G.P

I'll read it now.

Your case is beasting, mine looks a lil bit bare due to the lack of fans. I think I'll drop two into the basket for old time sake. I do want a red led on the front though and I think I have the option of a 140mm so might opt for that over 2 120mm. I'll have to get one for the top then like you suggested but front and back Leds does me fine, don't think I want it like a Christmas tree.

All in all I think it'll be a nice machine when I'm done, not rushing in and doing my homework is making the difference, I had almost a completely different machine in mind when I first done up a hit list.

Old 20-01-2013, 18:33   #60
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
I'll read it now.

Your case is beasting, mine looks a lil bit bare due to the lack of fans. I think I'll drop two into the basket for old time sake. I do want a red led on the front though and I think I have the option of a 140mm so might opt for that over 2 120mm. I'll have to get one for the top then like you suggested but front and back Leds does me fine, don't think I want it like a Christmas tree.

All in all I think it'll be a nice machine when I'm done, not rushing in and doing my homework is making the difference, I had almost a completely different machine in mind when I first done up a hit list.
Always better to spend lots of time checking everything where anything electrical is concerned. There are a few red LED fans out there, I believe the Enermax TB Silence 120mm might be a decent one - have a read up on the noise level at 1200rpm (if you just look at the specs, you might get a noise level stated when a fan runs at lower than full speed but an airflow level stated when the fan is running at full speed). I would expect anything under 20dBA to be fine relatively quiet but don't quote me on it . You'll just need to find one of those with a red LED>