PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 20-01-2013, 20:36   #61
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Seriously thinking about dropping this one one the top.

Sweey, just to clear things up, should I replace the heat sink if I'm considering a tiny OC?

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 21:29   #62
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Oh Christ, I love this thing, so much that I've applied to cancel my order with Amazon for the Scout 2. The extra fans are bringing it up near the 100 mark anyways so why not just shell out on the finished article. The only thing is that it's ready to ship.

Bejesus I loves it...

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 20-01-2013, 22:07   #63
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Dundon's, the Corsair AF140 Quiet Series claims sound of 24dBA with airflow of 67.8 CFM. I've come across a Prolimatech Red Vortex (has red LEDs) which claim sound of under 20dBA for airflow of over 70 CFM. Then I found this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156385/h...mm-good-or-bad

Worth a punt? Overclockers UK have it for 11.99 - might be able to find it a touch cheaper on another site. Amazon only list the Prolimatech 140mm Aluminium Vortex which appears to run at up to 1,600rpm but is 28dBA - that's going to be on the loud side and costs 24.05!

I consider a fan with 40dBA to be WAY too loud - having tested one it would require me to turn up the TV considerably in order to hear it properly when one of the speakers (a standing Q Acoustics 1030i) is only a metre away. The Corsair might be quiet but if they're claiming 24dBA I'd wonder whether it actually runs closer to 30 at full speed.

For a small overclock, the Intel-provided heatsink will be fine. As a rule of thumb, it should do an overclock of around 10% but check around the internet in case things have changed drastically since the last time I checked.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 22:43   #64
Dundon's
W.G.P

Balls, I don't know if the order is cancelled or not at this point, all I know is I panicked when I seen the beauty of that white Dragon case and requested a cancellation.

I'm not pushed either way though if it does go through, it was supposed to ship tomorrow, the PSU and Mobo are on the way but the case had got delayed for some reason.

Here's the fans I had selected.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

The double pack was for the side of the case and the 140mm for the top, Would pop that Led one in your post in front. Lot of cash though for some fans.
If it's a thing it is heading my way I'll get those fans in your post, the lads on that forum seemed to like them and at the end of the day if they were noisy they'd of stated it.

On the other hand if the order is cancelled I might look at getting some kind of Higher end case, I like the Corsair and Cool Master models a lot, but the White Dragon is a thing of beauty.

Old 20-01-2013, 22:49   #65
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Balls, I don't know if the order is cancelled or not at this point, all I know is I panicked when I seen the beauty of that white Dragon case and requested a cancellation.

I'm not pushed either way though if it does go through, it was supposed to ship tomorrow, the PSU and Mobo are on the way but the case had got delayed for some reason.

Here's the fans I had selected.

The double pack was for the side of the case and the 140mm for the top, Would pop that Led one in your post in front. Lot of cash though for some fans.
If it's a thing it is heading my way I'll get those fans in your post, the lads on that forum seemed to like them and at the end of the day if they were noisy they'd of stated it.

On the other hand if the order is cancelled I might look at getting some kind of Higher end case, I like the Corsair and Cool Master models a lot, but the White Dragon is a thing of beauty.
I suppose the fans could still be loud if all of those posters are using LNA (low noise adapters) or fan controllers. I had a fan controller in my old case but couldn't be bothered putting it into the Antec 1100. It was redundant in the Silverstone anyway as the case airflow was so poor. I really do hope the fans aren't loud though, don't want you wasting money unnecessarily. Keep the packaging until you've tested them in case you feel the need to send them back.

We've hijacked Thori's thread. Tut tut.
Old 20-01-2013, 22:58   #66
Dundon's
W.G.P

We did indeed, mightn't be a bad thread to sticky anyways, I'm sure anyone looking to build a new PC would find some good pointers in here.

But yeah, I'll know soon enough what my next move is, I was happy and all with the Scout 2 case until I seen the price of the fans. Spending 100+ on a different case altogether might be better value. I just want something that looks like it's going to beast some games out but still keeping it fairly classy.

What do you think of the White Dragon case in general yourself?

Old 20-01-2013, 23:04   #67
Sweey
Administrator

You haven't ordered any fans have you? Here's hoping you say no.

I don't like the look of the case - most parts of it seem pretty decent. Looks roomy enough and seems like it'll weigh a lot as I think most of it is steel like my bastard Silverstone case was. That thing took some effort to lift.
Old 20-01-2013, 23:19   #68
Dundon's
W.G.P

The lads were saying it was solid!!!

Anyways, don't worry there's no order in yet for the fans, it'll be tomorrow night when I'm ordering again and it'll be for the CPU, Ram, SSD and now the case too, maybe.

Seriously though, picking out these components is a lot more fun than I had it down for before I started the build. I'd say from this point on now I'll always be looking out for a bargain or ways in which to pimp it out more.

When the time comes to upgrade my monitor I'm thinking about going all 3D on it's ass.

Old 21-01-2013, 10:52   #69
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
The lads were saying it was solid!!!

Anyways, don't worry there's no order in yet for the fans, it'll be tomorrow night when I'm ordering again and it'll be for the CPU, Ram, SSD and now the case too, maybe.

Seriously though, picking out these components is a lot more fun than I had it down for before I started the build. I'd say from this point on now I'll always be looking out for a bargain or ways in which to pimp it out more.

When the time comes to upgrade my monitor I'm thinking about going all 3D on it's ass.
3D is overrated to me although some people love it. I much prefer my IPS screen with a 2560 x 1440 resolution

For the best 3D performance you want your card to be able to output 120 frames per second at the resolution you choose so that 60 frames are being delivered to each eye.

If you're getting the white case you won't need fans - I'm sure it has three or four already installed.
Old 22-01-2013, 14:11   #70
Dundon's
W.G.P

Changed my mind again with the case.

Ended up going with this baby and it's already dispatched so no turning back now.

Corsair Carbide 500R

Ticks all the boxes and comes with 4 fans so happy days. The Corsair H100 fits to the top magnificently aswell if I do go down the liquid cooling route.

Sweey, before my order is processed, if I'm going to be running and creating music using pro tools aswell as gaming am I going to be better off taking the hit and going for the i7 3770k over the i5 3570k?

It's going to sting me in the pocket but I don't want to regret this once I commit. I know if I was editing video the i7 kills the i5 but I don't know if the same applies to recording music.

My heads wrecked with this one.

Old 22-01-2013, 17:30   #71
Sweey
Administrator

Bloody hell Dundon's, should have just gone for the Antec 1100! The Carbide 500R and 600T were both cases I briefly looked at on my way to the Antec.

As for i7, I'd personally say no. Not a tangible difference in gaming. Will have some effect when creating music but is more for 3D modelling, CAD and high definition video encoding which need processor speed. I believe the i5 will be fine for music and the i7 risks becoming overkill. The i7 has hyperthreading (each core has an additional virtual core) which games do not take advantage of. That means an i5 has 4 cores and an i7 with hyperthreading enabled had 4+4. Hyperthreading makes a difference in video encoding etc. and also does with music production but do you need eight tracks each running on their own core? I'm going to say no though you might disagree.

Can't remember how much RAM you were getting but definitely go for 8GB as a minimum due to price. More than that isn't strictly necessary but 16 would be really helpful with all that 3D modelling and CAD lark which suit the i7 as they are really intensive processes.

By the way, RAM prices have jumped in the last week or two and are set to continue in that way for weeks yet.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:03   #72
Dundon's
W.G.P

Yeah I thought I was going crazy but the price of Ram seems to be jumping up by the day. I have agreed a fee of 60 euro for 2X4 sticks of Corsair dominator platinum on that board I visit, he lives local so I'll be able to meet him in town and he has the packaging aswell to go with it. The only thing he did mention was that he didn't want to sell them for a few days so I hope the fucker doesn't pull out of the deal.

As for the case what can I say, I'm a sucker for the whole white storm trooper effect. The same fella I'm getting the Ram off of was selling a 600T case aswell and I probs could of got it for 100 euro but I said I wouldn't bother and went for the spanky new one. I love this case though and it's got a great cooling setup.

I'm going to keep the i5 in the basket, you're right I am heading down the road of over killing the whole thing and I still haven't picked up the GPU, might take me a few weeks to recover from the latest spending spree though and to make matter worse I'm now considering getting the Corsair H100/H100i which is another fucking hundred Yoyo's.

Old 22-01-2013, 20:15   #73
Sweey
Administrator

H100? Overkill for you my friend .

You've definitely got the bug though.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:31   #74
Dundon's
W.G.P

Tell me about it, I'm burning the ears off the girlfriend and she just wants the whole thing to come to an end.

The reason behind the H100 is that if I plan on OC the CPU to like 4.4ghz at some stage this will keep her nice and cool, it also has a nice neon light to match up with my Ram and hides nicely away at the top of my case.

Some of them other heatsinks are monstrosities.

Right now I have the Mobo, Case and PSU on the way with the SSD and CPU in the basket waiting to ship. All going well I can add the Ram to that list and then I'm up and running. I'll have to see then after that how much sheckels are left in the tank and then finally work towards a GPU. Being the greedy lil cunt I am I'm eyeing the 7970.

Old 22-01-2013, 20:55   #75
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Tell me about it, I'm burning the ears off the girlfriend and she just wants the whole thing to come to an end.

The reason behind the H100 is that if I plan on OC the CPU to like 4.4ghz at some stage this will keep her nice and cool, it also has a nice neon light to match up with my Ram and hides nicely away at the top of my case.

Some of them other heatsinks are monstrosities.

Right now I have the Mobo, Case and PSU on the way with the SSD and CPU in the basket waiting to ship. All going well I can add the Ram to that list and then I'm up and running. I'll have to see then after that how much sheckels are left in the tank and then finally work towards a GPU. Being the greedy lil cunt I am I'm eyeing the 7970.
If watercooling you'd want to overclock nearer 5Ghz (although I'm not sure what real performance increase it gives over 4.4/4.5 which can be done on air).

If you want the best single card out there Dundon's, there's always this.....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-302-AS

Needs 3 x 8-pin power connectors and look at the amount of watts it eats - oh and the price