PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 20-10-2013, 19:35   #1
Viperized
  • Supports: Arsenal

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

My PC is loud

Guys, my PC is loud. What is the best quiet fans I can buy? Looking for the most powerful silent 120mm fan you can buy. I realise this is an oxymoron but surely there are a couple of 120mm fans that have good airflow and noise levels?

My specs:
Fractal Design R3 Case
Noctua D14 CPU cooler
MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 GPU
2 x 120mm intake fans
1 x 120mm exhaust fan

Should I buy better case fans? Which are the best quiet case fans?

Currently the noise levels are fine, but there are times where it's really loud and bothersome.

Viperized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 20:37   #2
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I'm sure you could Google quiet fans.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 21:27   #3
Viperized

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Gives millions of results. :P
Old 20-10-2013, 21:56   #4
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

It depends on your definition of quiet and whether the fans are spinning up necessarily because of heat issues.

I have two 120mm fans, a Scythe Gentle Typhoon intake and an Antec Tricool exhaust - both are quiet. Can I hear them in a quiet room? Yes. Can I sleep with them rotating? Absolutely.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 23:01   #5
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperized View Post
Guys, my PC is loud. What is the best quiet fans I can buy? Looking for the most powerful silent 120mm fan you can buy. I realise this is an oxymoron but surely there are a couple of 120mm fans that have good airflow and noise levels?

My specs:
Fractal Design R3 Case
Noctua D14 CPU cooler
MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 GPU
2 x 120mm intake fans
1 x 120mm exhaust fan

Should I buy better case fans? Which are the best quiet case fans?

Currently the noise levels are fine, but there are times where it's really loud and bothersome.

Well dude, are you running an Intel or AMD CPU?

First thing you need to do is install Core temp and report back what temps your system is running at on idle, then there's a couple of stress tests you can run it through to see what she runs at when on full load.

Only after you do this will i know what your situation is and what kind of action you can take.

There's also another lil program you can install called "speedfan", that'll let you set up the fans to respond to certain temps, this can also be setup to load on boot, all comes to all that'll sort out your problem, but like Sweey said, they might be speeding up for a reason so your next post needs to be in regards your temps.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 13:20   #6
Viperized

Old 21-10-2013, 17:31   #7
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

When I saw this, I thought it was going to be a complaint that the output from the soundcard was too loud, like you couldn't find the volume controls or something.
Joel, you think you're so much better than everyone else but let's face it, you're a cunt!
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 00:30   #8
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperized View Post
Although your temps aren't high they aren't low either if that was on idle, we're talking maybe 10 degrees over what I'd like to see personally, but still like I said they're a good bit away from panic stations. I'd imagine they'd rise fairly quickly though if you were on 100% load.

Next question, are you overclocking it?

My course of action however would be.

A: Install coretemp. (Free)

B: Run prime95 (Free)

C: Let it run for like 20-30mins and screen shot the coretemp screen.

D: Install speedfan (free) and create profile for your fans especially
your CPU fan. That way your machine will run quite until it reaches maybe 50 degrees and then they'll gradually start to speed up, you can set the percentages manually or use the recommended default.

E: Try and find out what fans are making the most noise.

F: Re apply a decent thermal paste.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-12-2013, 23:10   #9
Cracker Jack
Banned

Cracker Jack has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Cracker Jack has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Get rid of the speakers bro
Cracker Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 17:19   #10
Foxhound
La Li Lu Le Lo

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I have a little problem.

I have bought 3 cooling fan for my case, one of which is has a 3 pin connector.

I've connected my two 4 pin cooling fan on system fan 2 and system fan 3 port on my motherboard. The 3 pin cooling fan is connected to the CPUfan2 port. System fan 1 port is already used as the exhaust fan.

How do I lower the voltage of the 3 pin cooling fan so that it does not rotate at 100% speed all the time?
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:45   #11
Dundon's
W.G.P

In general you should install Speed Fan and setup a profile to keep ontop of the speeds according to the temps, but normally you need a 4 pin connector in order to control speed.

Other option is to buy a fan controller for the case and run them all through that, nicer job altogether if you want to hide all the cables round the back and it also takes 3 pin connections.

Old 11-02-2014, 17:52   #12
Foxhound
La Li Lu Le Lo

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Did a little digging. It seems impossible to control the voltage if I connect the fan to a CPU port.

The 3pin fan does come with this:

Where do I connect them?
Old 11-02-2014, 19:33   #13
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Correct me if i'm wrong but that would be used if you want to connect the fan directly to the PSU via molex? Again you would not get any control over the fan speed that way and they'd be on 100% all the time.

SO you'd plug the fan directly into that cable via the pins, then the white molex connector in to a molex connector from the PSU

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:40   #14
Foxhound
La Li Lu Le Lo

Alright, thanks.
Old 12-02-2014, 16:37   #15
Dundon's
W.G.P

£20 fan controller - BANG!