PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 22-08-2014, 23:04   #1
Viperized
  • Supports: Arsenal

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Best cheap tablet

On a budget but looking for a fast and dependable tablet. Please advise.

Viperized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 23:25   #2
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Why should anyone help you when you have been too lazy to even stipulate what your budget is? You also haven't mentioned what you're using it for and if ANYTHING (battery life, the display, the size) matters.

More info needed :>
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 14:09   #3
Viperized

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Apologies for that informative post. Was on my phone. :p

Budget roughly in the region of £150-250.

Using it for just casual browsing on the internet, some multimedia (movies), and reading.

I'm not familiar with tablets at all in all honesty. It seems like the Nexus 7 gets solid reviews based on the research I've been doing.

What do you think Sweey?

Will the iPad require me to use iTunes? I detest that POS software. Syncing is a pisstake. And the iPad just looks like a bigger iPhone (which I already have). Anything which allows me to plug the tablet to my pc/lapatop and drag and drop would be perfect.

My sister has a Galaxy Tablet 3.0 but it's so slow.
Old 23-08-2014, 14:28   #4
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperized View Post
Apologies for that informative post. Was on my phone. :p

Budget roughly in the region of £150-250.

Using it for just casual browsing on the internet, some multimedia (movies), and reading.

I'm not familiar with tablets at all in all honesty. It seems like the Nexus 7 gets solid reviews based on the research I've been doing.

What do you think Sweey?

Will the iPad require me to use iTunes? I detest that POS software. Syncing is a pisstake. And the iPad just looks like a bigger iPhone (which I already have). Anything which allows me to plug the tablet to my pc/lapatop and drag and drop would be perfect.

My sister has a Galaxy Tablet 3.0 but it's so slow.
Any Android tablet will allow you drag and drop to the PC. All of Apple's software desperately wants you to use iTunes for syncing. I'm sure there are alternatives but why put yourself in that boat in the first place if you really detest the software? Exactly, no reason.

The Nexus 7 is indeed solid, possibly a replacement due in three months though. I have the Sony Xperia Tablet Z (the original one) and love it but I don't know if you'll find it much under £350.

To be honest, looking at this from earlier in the month: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-cent...-tablets-2014/ - it is difficult to suggest anything other than the Nexus 7 so long as you are happy with the size of the tablet. The Galaxy Tab S released by Samsung (and highly rated in the link) are meant to be very good. In fact, that top six is pretty much spot on (except I'd put the Xperia Tablet Z above the Nexus 10 personally).
Old 24-08-2014, 13:03   #5
Viperized

Hmm Argos are selling the Kindle Fire HDX 16GB version for £129. That seems quite cheap.

Or should I stick with the Nexus 7?
Old 24-08-2014, 13:06   #6
Sweey
Administrator

Nexus 7 for me but you may want to read this:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...-hdx-7-1245113
Old 24-08-2014, 15:43   #7
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here
  • PSN: polski_sklep

Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Hmm Argos are selling the Kindle Fire HDX 16GB version for £129. That seems quite cheap.

Or should I stick with the Nexus 7?
I don't know a huge amount about tablets, but one thing I do know - the Kindle Fire is rubbish. Don't get it, irrespective of price.

I bought one for my mum when it first came out and I was really disappointed. It just sits gathering dust in my house now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not even sound same!

Nifty1Pound50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 15:46   #8
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

My advice would be save up. You'll regret it a few months down the line.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 01:22   #9
Viperized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
My advice would be save up. You'll regret it a few months down the line.
Save up for a new and improved tablet you mean?
Old 25-08-2014, 11:08   #10
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Save up for a new and improved tablet you mean?
Yes.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote