PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 15-05-2006, 20:50   #1
Ghost
  • Supports: SC Braga
  • PSN: Chex_LeMeneux

Ghost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Portugal

Portugal

Biggest achievements on a Worldcup stage:

3rd place in 1966

Coach

Luiz Felipe Scolari

Squad

Ricardo (Sporting)
Quim (Benfica)
Bruno Vale (Estrela da Amadora)

Miguel (Valência)
Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea)
Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea)
Fernando Meira (Stuttgart)
Ricardo Costa (FC Porto)
Caneira (Sporting)
Nuno Valente (Everton)

Costinha (Dynamo)
Petit (Benfica)
Maniche (Chelsea)
Tiago (Lyon)
Deco (FC Barcelona)
Hugo Viana (Valência)
Figo (Inter de Milão)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
Boa Morte (Fulham)
Simão (Benfica)

Nuno Gomes (Benfica)
Pauleta (Paris Saint-Germain)
Hélder Postiga (Saint-Etienne)

Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 20:57   #2
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Ah, it seems Quaresma is Portugal's Huntelaar.

Had a great season,maybe not a lot of goals, but whoah! He's still young though.

How do you feel about that GhOsT ?
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 21:28   #3
Ghost

Ghost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by AliGhost has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Well, I think that Quaresma should have been called. I mean, he is a great player and he was considered the best player of the season! Scolari picked Helder Postiga, who scored 2 or 3 goals in the entire season instead of João Tomás, who was the second best scorer of the league. He also called Ricardo Costa when he only have played 18 games instead of Nunes, who is having a terrific season. Then he called Bruno Vale instead of Paulo Santos, who is one of the best keepers in the portuguese league. And he picked Maniche, who played 1 or 2 games, instead of Pedro Mendes. Anyway, the 23 I would take to Germany are:

Keepers:

-Paulo Santos (Braga)
-Ricardo (Sporting)
-Quim (Benfica)

Defenders:

-Nunes (Mallorca)
-Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea)
-Meira (Stuttgart)
-Caneira (Sporting)
-Miguel (Valencia)
-Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea)
-Nuno Valente (Everton)

Midfielders:

-Pedro Mendes (Portsmouth)
-Costinha (Dynamo)
-Tiago (Lyon)
-Deco (Barcelona)
-Petit (Benfica)
-Hugo Viana (Valencia)

Wingers:

-Boa Morte (Fulham)
-Quaresma (Porto)
-C.Ronaldo (Manchester United)
-Simão (Benfica)

Central Forwards:

-João Tomás (Braga)
-Pauleta (PSG)
-Nuno Gomes (Benfica)

I wouldn't choose Figo. Although he is having a good season, he should have quited the national team after Euro 2004 to give place to younger players, like Rui Costa did.
Old 15-05-2006, 21:41   #4
-Deki-

-Deki- has disabled reputation

Deleted
-Deki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 22:14   #5
pbchillin

pbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Portugal are a good team, some very good players, however, looking at the squad, i don't see a lot of goals.
Old 16-05-2006, 10:44   #6
fattyronaldo
Ronaldo 9 - The Greatest

fattyronaldo has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

count on Figo's magic since it's his final world cup.
Old 16-05-2006, 15:25   #7
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quaresma should indeed be part of the squad. I'm surprised not to see Moutinho in the list either. He should take them because they are two of the best youngsters in Portugal at the moment and would benefit a lot from this experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 15:29   #8
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

No Boavista players? Pants
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 15:39   #9
Rambo
The Next Big Thing

Rambo has disabled reputation

i dont really see portugal being world cup contenders
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 15:53   #10
Rangers_Fureva
  • PSN: Rangers_Fureva

Rangers_Fureva has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rangers_Fureva has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I'm dissapointed that Quaresma and Moutinho arn't there. There great youngsters to watch and would gain alot of experience playing in the biggest tournament in the world. I honestly don't see Portugal doing that much this year.
Rangers_Fureva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 17:34   #11
vandermeyde

vandermeyde has disabled reputation

No Manuel Fernandes? He's impressed me this season thought he'd be goin. Quaresma a big loss, but Boa Morte still a fair player.
vandermeyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 01:25   #12
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I thought Benficas Fernando would be there along with Joao Moutinho & Quaresma!! why the fuck is he left out of the squad...!

P.S Is that the final squad?
Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 17:13   #13
Ghost

Unfortunately yes.
Old 24-05-2006, 10:20   #14
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

You said in another thread that Viana has been assigned number 10(!?). I'm surprised it wasn't given to Deco.

D'you know the other player's numbers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 10:30   #15
Kakerlakk

Kakerlakk has disabled reputation

Here's the complete Portugal squad, numbers and all. How is it possible that Manuel Fernandes, Quaresma and even Benfica's Ricardo Rocha, who played much better than Ricardo Costa (number 4), aren't in this team?...

1 - Ricardo
2 - Paulo Ferreira
3 - Marco Caneira
4 - Ricardo Costa
5 - Fernando Meira
6 - Costinha
7 - Luís Figo
8 - Petit
9 - Pauleta
10 - Hugo Viana
11 - Simão Sabrosa
12 - Quim
13 - Miguel
14 - Nuno Valente
15 - Luís Boa Morte
16 - Ricardo Carvalho
17 - Cristiano Ronaldo
18 - Maniche
19 - Tiago
20 - Deco
21 - Nuno Gomes
22 - Bruno Vale
23 - Hélder Postiga

Cheers, KkLkK.

"Everything but boredom bores me." - my translation from a Fernando Pessoa poem
Your freedom ends where mine begins. - my own quote.
Kakerlakk is offline   Reply With Quote