PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 11-07-2004, 00:47   #1
wr50l
(un)original

wr50l has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Rugby

With the approval of "mr. Administrator" Zygalski, Ill start this thread here for everything rugby. Whether it's union or league you're into, talk about it here.

So to start this thread off, why don't we all say who our top five teams in the world are?

1. New Zealand
2. Australia
3. England
4. France
5. South Africa
6. Ireland
7. Wales
9. Scotland

New Zealand are the top team in the world just now in my opinion. The All Blacks showed twice a few weeks ago that they are a better side than their World Cup semi final showed. They completely destroyed and demoralised an admittedly slightly understrength England team and just this Saturday were able to beat the hard hitting Pacific Islanders.
They have the perfect combination of speed and power, with a super winger in Joe Rokocoko with 24 trys from 18 test matches and so many powerful players at their disposal. Tara Umagh, their skipper and outside centre, is regarded by many, including myself as the best centre in the world at this moment in time and with his partner, a youngster known as Daniel Carter, showing amazing ability and composure already, they look great favourites to have a very impressive midfield for many years to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wr50l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 00:54   #2
50!
115 and Counting...

50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I know they havent been doing well recently but they should be able to pull back together and get a good strong team!
Sir Davie of Weir has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1986 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and an Ally McCoist panini sticker.
50! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:06   #3
wr50l
(un)original

Scotland just aren't good at any sports, and it'll take a long time, and a lot of money before we are. Losing Chris Paterson is a real setback, he was probably our best player, but he's just one of our losses, after the World Cup, Gregor Townsend and Kenny Logan retired from international rugby.
Scotland did fianlly show some positive signs against Australia, although we lost, we lost to a team that the very next week, beat England; the "World Champions" by 51-15.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:10   #4
Rangers_FC

Rangers_FC is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr50l
Scotland just aren't good at any sports.
I wouldnt go that far like we're ok at curling and the footballing future looks bright.
Do u know how the claymore's are doing?

Rangers_FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:12   #5
wr50l
(un)original

The claymores are (doing) shite. Last I checked, they were yet to win a game in their league.

Old 11-07-2004, 02:10   #6
Rangers_FC

Rangers_FC is an unknown

Claymores are SHITE! FULL STOP!
Back 2 the rugby....
Not really into it, i think the aussies are the best and the english show off's will see the next time they play them and get hammered. They think they are so gr8 coz they won a world cup but they were so lucky and jammy it was unbelievable!! wales and ireland bothe have good players in thier teams whereas scotland dont and thats why we are so pish at the game.

By the way who is 8th in the list??

Rangers_FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:49   #7
-=[101st]=-
Super 14 Champions 2006

-=[101st]=- has disabled reputation

1. New Zealand
2. Australia
3. England
4. South Africa
5. France
6. Ireland
7. Argentina
8. Wales

After that it is not really worth commenting on.. as the skill levels drop to amatuer ones.. undisciplined rugby...

who do people think are the best Forward and the best Back?? and i want a reason.. none of this "jonny, coz he kicked the winning goal!" i want a proper reason...

I will add mine soon.. but i want to wait to see what other people say...
-=[101st]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 13:30   #8
wr50l
(un)original

The best forward...Kevin Meealamu the All Blacks hooker, he is a real challenge for teams to bring down, and he's quite fast for a forward.

The best back....Tara Umagh the All Blacks' outside centre. He's fast, powerful, and he tackles hard. Their isn't a player better than him in my opinion.

Brendan Cannon, Serge Betsen, Robinson(All Blacks' lock forward) were contenders for the best forward.

Other great backs include Wallabies' centre Stirling Mortlock, All Blacks' winger Joe Rokocoko, English fullback Jason Robinson and his team mate Ben Cohen. As well as French trio Yannick Yauzion, Frederik Michalak and Nicholas Brusque.

Old 13-07-2004, 14:52   #9
wr50l
(un)original

In an effort to revive this thread.

What do you English people think of England's recent performances? Is it the end of the world champions' short time of glory?

Old 13-07-2004, 15:04   #10
BazHilder
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: YourMum23

BazHilder is an unknown

In a word, yes. I'm not a big rugby fan but england have been nothing short of shit since the world cup.

BazHilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 17:08   #11
wr50l
(un)original

Teams for Tri Nations opener

New Zealand

............Meeuws..Meealamu.. Hayman........................ ......................
....................Jack...... .Robinson..................... .............................. .
............Gibbes............ .........Holah................ .............................. ..
..........................Rush .............................. .............................. ....
.............................. .Marshall..................... .............................. ....
.............................. ............Spencer........... .............................. ...
........Rokocoko.............. .....................Carter... ..............................
.............................. .............................. ......Umaga(C)................ ..
.............................. .............................. ...................Howlett.... ....
.............................. ........Muliaina.............. .............................. .....

Australia

..........Young.......Cannon.. .....Baxter................... ...........................
................Harrison...... ..Sharpe(C)................... ..............................
..........Samo................ ............Waugh............. ..............................
...........................Lyo ns............................ .............................. .....
.............................. .....Whitaker................. .............................. ....
.............................. .................Larkham...... .............................. ....
.....Tuqiri................... ...........................Git eau........................... ....
.............................. .............................. .......Mortlock............... ....
.............................. .............................. ...................Rathbone... ...
.............................. ......Latham.................. .............................. ....

My predictions

This'll be a tight game, but I think that the absence of Australian players will be the decider. I predict a 22-15 win for New Zealand.

Old 18-07-2004, 23:34   #12
-=[101st]=-
Super 14 Champions 2006

well the result was 16 - 7, in a game that felt like it was played in the middle of a lake.. it was that wet.. i will post a little match report when i get a chance.. as well as the best forward and best back in the world at the moment
Old 19-07-2004, 07:04   #13
-=[101st]=-
Super 14 Champions 2006

okay initially i would like to appologize for being too lazy to write a match report..

okay.. one to best forward:

Richie McCaw...
What can i say?? his fitness is the first thing you notice about this lad he is at ever ruck, ever maul giving 110%, next thing you will notice almost everytime he makes a tackle more than 5 metres from the last ruck, he comes up with the ball. His ability to turnover oppostion ball is unmatched in international rugby. He support play is awesome...

Close 2nd: Chris Jack

Best Back:
Justin Marshall...
Every team needs a Justin Marshall, yesterday's bledisloe opitimised how much NZ value him, he manages to get man of the match in a game where forwards dominated, he really stood up and took the game by the scruff of the neck.. his darts from just around the side of the ruck are unmatched...

Best Back not reguarly playing International Rugby
Andrew Merhtens..
he the worlds best fly half, and will be until he retires don't gimme this jonny shit... and if you say spencer, i will be getting my pimp hand out.. he got selected for the all blacks on 45 minutes of rugby he played... that is it.. that is all he needs.. he can change opposition defensive patternsby just stepping onto the field... and he did that in the super 12 final...
Old 19-07-2004, 20:55   #14
S-D-P
  • Supports: Manchester United

S-D-P has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneS-D-P has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneS-D-P has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneS-D-P has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneS-D-P has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneS-D-P has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

1.new zealand
2.england
3.france
4.australia
5.south africa
6.ireland
7.wales
8.scotland
9.italy
10.fiji
S-D-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 07:45   #15
-=[101st]=-
Super 14 Champions 2006

france above the aussies??? hmm.. interesting decision.. i am not disageeing.. yet.. but can u post your reasoning.. like the strong points of each team.. and the weak points of each team.. and why you rate them higher than Australia.. because i think they are two of the more evenly matched team in international rugby at the moment...