150-180 mins 2 5.56%
Over 180 mins 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 13-03-2009, 00:14   #16
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Sounds like you're alright then. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are out on blu-ray, but there are several problems. 1) Evil Dead II is supposedly a poor transfer and 2) Army of Darkness is a decent transfer, but only of the standard film; the director's cut is included on the blu-ray release but only in standard definition.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog

BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 00:19   #17
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Probably best to wait a while for some decent bluray releases of them then. Any idea if Hero will be released on bluray any time soon? I have it on DVD and it looks stunning so I'm guessing it'll be even better on bluray.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 01:16   #18
Foxhound

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

How much does a Blu-ray movie cost over there? Over here, it's very rare to find an original Blu-ray, which is about B$98 (~35-39 quid). The others are mostly blu-ray rips, which is burned using a normal DVD.

Do you notice a huge improvement in graphics when watching Blu-ray instead of DVD?
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 08:31   #19
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Some people have said that they can't really see the difference, but I think them people are HD fans

I for one can see a massive difference, just watch any star wars film on Blu ray and you'll know the difference.

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 11:11   #20
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalechapman View Post
Some people have said that they can't really see the difference, but I think them people are HD fans

I for one can see a massive difference, just watch any star wars film on Blu ray and you'll know the difference.
That might be difficult, considering that no Star Wars films have come out on Blu-ray.

There is a marked difference on newer films, but some older films, where the original source may have been grainy or flawed, can only be improved to a certain extent, where the quality is not really proper HD. Mind you, Zulu on Blu-ray is incredible. I suppose it depends how far they go with the restoration process, but you're best off checking reviews on the transfer before you buy.

And just to remind people on Blu-ray - the US is region A, while Europe and Australia are Region B. Many US Blu-rays are region-free though, but some are not, it varies company to company. Problem is, your PS3's and Region A players will NOT play these region A DVDs. Even if you use a hack to get your Blu-ray player multi-region, you've just allowed it to play every region of standard DVD, not Blu-ray. You can buy multi-region Blu-ray players that play regions A, B and C out of the box, and they are very expensive, but that is the only way to do it.

For example, I really want The Boondock Saints, but the recent release is region coded. I'd like to get The Wrestler when it comes out in the US on March 21st for example, but because its Fox it will almost certainly be region-coded, meaning I'll probably opt for the standard DVD until the blu-ray comes out in England. Usually the worst offenders are 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, and MGM. You tend to be fine with Sony, Universal, and Warner for example. Problem is though, you'll only know what region it is when the DVD is released and can be tested. But you can check before you buy. For example, Movietyme will tell you if a US Blu-ray is region free. And I will be posting up some useful sites in the first post with further information on this.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 13-03-2009, 14:49   #21
Papa
Thank you for reading.
  • Supports: Fulham FC

Papa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I'm badly in need of some proper DVD storage. Can anyone recommend something for me? Something with room for a few hundred.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 20:40   #22
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I want to populate the first post with links to useful sites - news, retailers, importers, etc. Hopefully people might be able to recommend some that I might have missed.

Japanese Che release looks fantastic, hopefully the US or UK get something similar:

Old 13-03-2009, 21:00   #23
Jonny2J
  • XBox: Jonny2J

Jonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I've managed to acquire that DVD dabatase software that BarnDoor has so I'm slowly on my way of uploading my collection.
Jonny2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 21:03   #24
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

'Acquire' is a great word isn't it?
Old 13-03-2009, 21:07   #25
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2J View Post
I've managed to acquire that DVD dabatase software that BarnDoor has so I'm slowly on my way of uploading my collection.
Is it any good? I may have to look into acquiring it myself.

Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 21:09   #26
Jonny2J
  • XBox: Jonny2J

Jonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatmann View Post
Is it any good? I may have to look into acquiring it myself.
Aye it is actually. I'd recommend it.
Jonny2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 21:42   #27
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
That might be difficult, considering that no Star Wars films have come out on Blu-ray.
:faceplm:

I meant like if they were to come out, I was tired ok. lol

Anyway, i've only got two blu rays in my collection

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 23:42   #28
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I have yet to own a bluray as i currently do not own a player or a PS3. I really cannot see myself diving into bluray for the forseable future because I can honestly see the DVD market coexisting with the BDVD market for quite some time to come.

When the day arrives that a film is only released on bluray, then I will take the plunge, but again, I cannot see myself rebuying my collection barring special films, such as Lord of the Rings.

What people do not seem to realise is that what they are buying is merely a film recorded with a standard video camera. When HD cameras become the norm on movie sets, then the real quality of bluray will shine through.

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 00:01   #29
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Hmmmm; that's a tough one. By the sound of it, there are german and dutch DVD releases floating around out there. The german one however does not feature the english dub.

There is also a japanese release which features the dub, but I am having difficulty locating it and believe it may be out of print; you could try a japanese bidding site such as Rinkya, but at present I can't find any auctions on it.

The R1 version is readily available on ebay though, can't your player be region hacked?
My player is my Xbox360, so I don't think that's a possibility. I was thinking of getting a multi-region DVD player, so I might go that route. I did find the Dutch import on Amazon trade, but it doesn't make clear if the English language is dubbing or subtitled. I'd prefer to keep the original audio, so would prefer subtitles.

Thanks for your help, though. I appreciate it.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 00:04   #30
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

IIRC; the dutch one does have an english dub on it.

Good luck whatever you go for though buddy =]

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote