PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 29-11-2016, 23:14   #13516
rebelinho
  • Supports: FC Porto, Swansea

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
That's the problem with viewing classic, highly acclaimed films: expectations.
Exactly. The French Connection, Apocalypse Now, Taxi Driver, and from before, León and SeSevenen. SeSevenen is a particular case: I watched it as a "kid" and remembered enjoying it a lot; gave it a watch again it wasn't as good as I was expecting.

I'll watch Taxi Driver and León again in the upcoming months, maybe even this Christmas. I have a feeling I'll see them in a different light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rebelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 16:58   #13517
rebelinho

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Haven't been home in a while but caught the occasional movie on the TV.

Crank

Still one of my favourites. The story makes sense, the characters are likable, the action in quite realistic while remaining over the top. Just a perfect take on non-nonsense, violent, in-your-face action movies. There are a few gems like the subtitles and the excellent elevator ride that only add to the already twisty story. A lesson on hyperboles. 8.5/10

The Rock

The story is seriously flawed, plot holes almost every 10 minutes, and some parts are just stupid (like the daughter scenes, what's the point). But acting is pretty good, character development is well done and it will never bore you. 7.5/10

Tropic Thunder

Not bad, not bad at all. RDJ could very well have won an Oscar win here (at least was nominated) if it weren't for Ledger. Jack Black was also perfect for is character, Stiller was kinda what was expected. The story is clever and you never know what's to come. The mix between parody and reality works wonderfully. 7.5/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:22   #13518
rebelinho

Modern Times

My first Chaplin movie. I couldn't stop smiling, it's just the perfect "feel good" movie. Paulette Goddard was casted perfectly, Chaplin is what everybody knows, the story is clever, visually witty and balanced. 9/10

Hunger

In a disturbance scale from 0 to Requiem for a Dream, probably close to or even above a Schindler's List. I was so amazed by this movie I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after. Better than 12 Years a Slave, I reckon. The acting is not as sumptuous but the occasion didn't really need it anyway. The lack of speech works in its favour, and that 20 min, single take dialogue is the stuff of theatre, not movies. Really like how McQueen never felt the need to rush the story on the viewers, it just builds gradually until you get a full pics from stitching together all the parts. Excellent, a must see. 8.5/10

Insomnia

The Nolan version. Not really a great movie, but not bad. I can't for the life of me enjoy Al Pacino, looks and sounds like a lazy dog (even if he's supposed to be insomniac, come on...). The story is a bit strange, but I guess it works... It just never reaches anything special, a good flick but not too thrilling. Watching it made me feel almost the same way as with Taxi Driver, but with worse acting. 7.5/10

Old 26-01-2017, 14:06   #13519
rebelinho

American History X

Rewatch. Still a beast of a movie, with incredible solo performances (that scene when Norton spits out his racial bullshit to the jewish boyfriend feels so real one can't really help but think "does Norton himself believe what he's saying?"). 9/10

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Since this movie came out I intended to watch it. Not sure what to expect, but I felt it'd be cool. Well, it was, but not as much as I wanted. The musical parts were good but most were too romancesque for my liking. I thought it would be an all-out dark movie. This said, Bonham Carter is an incredible actress, her versatility and the natural feel she gives to any role are impressive, no exceptions in this one. Depp was also good. Visually, the cold colours and abundance of grey worked really well with the overall tone of the movie. 7.5/10

The King's Speech

Great movie this one. Firth impressed me a lot, it was the first serious movie from him I've watched and wasn't expecting this kind of commitment. Probably helps that I have no idea who/how George VI was in reality, so accuracy is a non-issue. Again a wonderful job by Bonham Carter, just not as relevant as in Sweeney Todd. But for me the best member of the cast was Geoffrey Rush. I can't help but like everything I've seen from him. Pirates of the Caribbean is well known, The Taylor of Panama was a good one made even better by his performance. In King's Speech he gives a much needed sense of lightness to the strictness of the royalty members, and quite honestly saved the movie for me. A duller Lionel Logue would have kept the movie at the same dull standard of the kings. That's not the case, so I'll give this a 8/10