$10?

rebusrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:13   #32
Zygalski
Administrator
  • PSN: Zygalski

Zygalski has disabled reputation

$5!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The PES6 real club team names list is
Zygalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:41   #33
rebusrahman

rebusrahman has disabled reputation

I'm trying to make a living here and ur undercutting me!

Anyone seen Bruce Almighty or get ur Charlies out II yet? Might go and see one of them this wkend?
Old 12-07-2003, 22:12   #34
Mambo
International Player

Mambo is an unknown

Quote:
Originally posted by rebusrahman
How can one of your fave actors be Morgan Freeman and yet you refer to the japanese actors in BR2 as "chinkies"?

Blue, FMJ is a darn fine film and was mostly filmed in London (if you didn't know?). Love you long time!
Sorry, I don't follow. If you are implying that I am a racist I can sincerely assure you I am not

Bruce Almighty is an alright film, the person who plays God is excellent
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 23:02   #35
hitmanuk2k
The Boss
  • XBox: pesgaming

hitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

whats wrong with the term chinkies.... where i live its a common word and certainly not looked upon as being racist.

hitmanuk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2003, 00:10   #36
Mambo
International Player

Mambo is an unknown

Quote:
Originally posted by hitmanuk2k
whats wrong with the term chinkies.... where i live its a common word and certainly not looked upon as being racist.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly
Old 13-07-2003, 00:34   #37
rebusrahman

For me the connotation behind the word is derrogatory. I am not implying or inferring that you are racist but I hardly think that the word "chinkie" is a positive one?

And the person playing God IS Morgan Freeman!

Last edited by rebusrahman; 13-07-2003 at 00:37..
rebusrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2003, 12:19   #38
Mambo
International Player

Mambo is an unknown

Quote:

And the person playing God IS Morgan Freeman!
Hence my lol
Old 13-07-2003, 15:54   #39
rebusrahman

Aha! Anyway, what is your thought on what I said?
Old 13-07-2003, 16:33   #40
Chuck Morris
aka BlueScouse
  • Supports: Everton
  • XBox: CHUCK MORRIS 84
  • PSN: CHUCK-84-MORRIS

Chuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChuck Morris has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Chinkies?? I just call them 'Tiddley Winks'!
Chuck Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2003, 20:19   #41
Mambo
International Player

Mambo is an unknown

Quote:
Aha! Anyway, what is your thought on what I said?
I understand what you are saying. IMO, 'Chinkies' is only negaitve when put into certain contexts e.g. "f*****g chinkies". To me, it is just a common slang word for people of that origin.

Bottom line is it was just another word in my sentence to me but you read further into it. It was not positive or negative. In writing it is easy to misinterprit someone's tone or intentions. Perhaps in future I shall be more careful about what I say.

Sometimes I feel that racial issues are sensitive subjects because people are sensitive towards them if you get what I mean.
Old 13-07-2003, 22:29   #42
rebusrahman

Mambo Jambo, love, u r right. But I am a very laid back person but I feel very strongly about this. The very fact that you did not load the term at all is in some ways worse than loading it.

The bottom line for me is that if you know Chinese people who would be happy if you used the word "chinkie" in their company then use it. Likewise I would not expect anyone to use the word "paki" unless they wanted me to tear them a new a***hole. ;-)

I have a friend who used to use "chinkie" in the same way u do. But I explained it the same way... would he say paki shop if my parents owned a corner store? No, he conceded so therefore it was derrogatory to say "chinkie" even if there was no intent behind it.
Old 16-07-2003, 23:37   #43
Mambo
International Player

Mambo is an unknown

Quote:
Mambo Jambo, love, u r right. But I am a very laid back person but I feel very strongly about this. The very fact that you did not load the term at all is in some ways worse than loading it.

The bottom line for me is that if you know Chinese people who would be happy if you used the word "chinkie" in their company then use it. Likewise I would not expect anyone to use the word "paki" unless they wanted me to tear them a new a***hole. ;-)

I have a friend who used to use "chinkie" in the same way u do. But I explained it the same way... would he say paki shop if my parents owned a corner store? No, he conceded so therefore it was derrogatory to say "chinkie" even if there was no intent behind it.
I wholey agree with what you said. I think the term "Chinkie" is more stereotypical than offensive though (Paki is more offensive). I guess I'm a bit hypocritical seeing as I don't stand for "Paki" but use Chinkie myself.

*puts "Chinkie" in brain's recycle bin never to be used again*

Last edited by Mambo Jambo; 16-07-2003 at 23:40..
Old 18-07-2003, 17:33   #44
rebusrahman

Thanks for seeing it my way. Now if I can turn everyone into a rebusrahman!!!

Seriously though, I think that paki has just been used more as a vindictive term than chinkie. The latter is seen as more a term of reference and the former as a term of abuse. Like u say it fella. Also it comes down to the fact that ostensibly Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi Asians have had more racial problems than Oriental Asians in Britain. Perhaps due to the greater influx of the first?

So I'm glad all u honkys see it right now!
Old 18-07-2003, 18:56   #45
Mambo
International Player

Mambo is an unknown

Isn't it weird how topics, well, 'stray'? This one started about the best and worst movies and ended up about racial issues.