PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 05-12-2014, 17:54   #31
Biggus18

Biggus18 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminorci View Post
Does somebody find pretty anoying when CPU has the ball and you are leading , let's say 2-0 they automatcaly start to pull some dazzling dribless and you cant stop them, with tackles or just going nxt to them because they have some kind of a shield around them? It defending that's bothering me..I'm really trying to improve butt it's just impossible to stop them...really..one game they took a 3-0 comanding lead (CPU) and after that they just drop the pressure and I scored 5 goals..after that CPU got frenzy and started to harras me all over the pitch..i couldn't pass or intercept any of their movement...I wondering is it just me..or those it happend to you guys? and Any idea for good defending?
I've lost two games in a row 2-3 when I scored two goals first. The computer then takes over and I can't tackle or get near them and if i foul them, they recover and score to win. I thought it was coincidence until it happened twice.

Ironically I was on a five match unbeaten run...

You gotta love this sub par programming!

Biggus18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:20   #32
The Eristic
  • Supports: Villa, USMNT, Netherlands
  • PSN: The_Eristic

The Eristic is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastThe Eristic is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastThe Eristic is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastThe Eristic is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastThe Eristic is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Playing the demo. Feels just as scripted as ever, especially on Super Star. The animations are much prettier and more fluid, but sluggish tackling and passing, incredibly lazy/stupid friendly AI (especially when receiving passes) + typical arcade-style dribbling and perfect control for every player on the other team, moronic Goalkeepers, trash referees handing out more cards than a Blackjack dealer, deadly accurate AI FKs and shooting, completely absent real time tactical control (at least in the demo)... nothing has really changed, as far as I can tell.
The Eristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 21:20   #33
TeknoBug

TeknoBug has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelian View Post
Laziness because you can't use that excuse for PC what are much more capable than PS4's and Xbox ones.
I have both the PC and PS4 versions, PC looks way worse than PS4's version and the crowd looks like it was cut and pasted from 2014 or something but the crowd on PS4 is much more lively and updated- weird.

2013 can run on my laptop at max graphics and looks much prettier than 2015 does.
TeknoBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:43   #34
optimistic

optimistic is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminorci View Post
Does somebody find pretty anoying when CPU has the ball and you are leading , let's say 2-0 they automatcaly start to pull some dazzling dribless and you cant stop them, with tackles or just going nxt to them because they have some kind of a shield around them? It defending that's bothering me..I'm really trying to improve butt it's just impossible to stop them...really..one game they took a 3-0 comanding lead (CPU) and after that they just drop the pressure and I scored 5 goals..after that CPU got frenzy and started to harras me all over the pitch..i couldn't pass or intercept any of their movement...I wondering is it just me..or those it happend to you guys? and Any idea for good defending?
I encountered the same problem, on Super star, i use England against AI Germany, I score a goal in first half, after that AI become god like, absolutely unstoppable, in the end, i lost 1:3 to Germany.

IMO,scoring more goals is better than just defending the lead, because
we all know AI will cheat and equalize no matter what. KONAMI, you bunch of assholes.
optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 01:38   #35
Ricky34
  • Supports: Sporting Clube de Portugal
  • PSN: x_RC_X

Ricky34 is an unknown

Had enough of this!

I'm done playing this game.
I can't play a game where it's almost impossible to defend,everytime the AI has the ball and I go to defend its impossible to take the ball from them.
Everytime I make a tackle it's always a foul,I can press the X button a million times and unless I commit a foul I can barely take the ball.
Sorry but this is just absurd!
Then when the AI has the ball when when they run good luck to catch up to them,maybe with a motorcycle,but when it's the other way around the AI catches up to me in no time.
It's to bad because it's a great game and I really enjoy playing it but with stuff like this it's just not fun for me anymore.
Ricky34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 01:57   #36
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky34 View Post
I can't play a game where it's almost impossible to defend,everytime the AI has the ball and I go to defend its impossible to take the ball from them.
Everytime I make a tackle it's always a foul,I can press the X button a million times and unless I commit a foul I can barely take the ball.
I agree 100% with the points i quoted from you. So many yellow cards against me, yet when I am near the box I get rammed by the cpu CB, knocked over, and they counter with no foul. Very frustrating. On top of it all, I really believe the game may be scripted to score each time I do.
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 04:01   #37
optimistic

optimistic is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky34 View Post
Then when the AI has the ball when when they run good luck to catch up to them,maybe with a motorcycle,but when it's the other way around the AI catches up to me in no time.
It's to bad because it's a great game and I really enjoy playing it but with stuff like this it's just not fun for me anymore.
I can understand how you feel, KONAMI makes defending so fucking
hard and annoying on professional, top player and super star level.Super
man AI can do whatever they want to do to score, tackling and tactics
are no of use, KONAMI must do sth about it.

Although PES 2015 has this infurating issue, I am not done playing it,
I can still score some nice goals to have fun. why... simple, because
I dont play FIFA and I want to have a footie vidoe game to play over chrismas so I ll keep playing it for quite a while. Sad, but its the reality.

You can try "regular" mode, its less scripted but also less challenging.
optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 04:09   #38
RBENJAMIN

RBENJAMIN has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

A couple of things are frustrating me, one is the defending, I'm generally not that bad but it is very, very challenging. PES '13 was also challenging defensively but I could tweak my tactics, buy different players and things would sort itself out, but I have the feeling that things like tactics and players don't matter to much with PES '15.

Why would it when attackers with 73 pace can out sprint any defender? Or when you bring the keeper out they ALWAYS get lobbed or can't seem to save low shots that go under their arm?

I want a football game but not FIFA so will make do with PES '15 until next year when, hopefully, they can produce a football game worthy of the name, with lots of different stadiums that all teams can use and entrance scenes and ref's that don't book players for an innocuous trip on the half way line after 3 minutes and maybe AI teams that actually give away free-kicks and penalties, you know, the sort of things that would actually happen in a game of football and not this weird, fantasy game that Konami have invented.

Phew, rant over....until the next time I play the game
RBENJAMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:20   #39
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBENJAMIN View Post
Phew, rant over....until the next time I play the game
That's exactly it. The game can be so infuriating, yet it still draws you back to it.

You're right about the lobbing, there's just no point in bringing your keeper out.

Yesterday I had a match. I was well on top but somehow down 3 goals to 1 in the first half. One of the goals happened to be a lobbed shot, another came because no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't clear the ball. I was pretty fuming, BUT I somehow manage to turn it around to a 5-3 win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 09:21   #40
danzine

danzine is as bad as a Meyyappan post

So many cards offline but online nothing no freekicks no cards just constant slide tackling
danzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 22:25   #41
fatehasfans
  • Supports: Arsenal

fatehasfans has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
That's exactly it. The game can be so infuriating, yet it still draws you back to it.
I agree but not in the same way you do. The game brings me back because I paid £40 for the thing and keep reading reviews that tell me the game is great, so I keep going back in the hope that there was something I missed and that this utterly shit excuse for a game has some hidden gameplay that I somehow missed, because I keep thinking that maybe it's me that's the problem because everyone else likes it, but I'm sorry if you come around to my house and play the PC version I will point out all the problems.

From the moment I played I wanted to uninstall, I felt yuck! I was utterly disgusted that I gave these cunts (Konami) my hard earned money for the shit they delivered with that bullshit moniker "The Pitch is Ours!" and all that fucking jizzy hype that every fucking fake gaming website throw at you in the months leading up to the release ramping up the game and telling you that its a return to form and PES back to its best.

Well, I'm sorry this game is overall a fucking shambles littered with nice touches and moments.

The computer has so much control now I feel like a part of the script. The passing so stupid and inconsistent, not to mention terrible linear pathing and prehistoric scripting. Player movement and animations are ropey at best with close passing intricacy totally absent. Tackling is non-existent. Shots are so pre-scripted every one of them is an advert for Nike.

The online is... lets not open that can of worms.

In fact because of the bullshit hype and lies and general shite that has resulted because of this farce, I actually want to inflict physical pain on Konami employees. I want someone to pay! Like I did on so many levels!!!
fatehasfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 09:45   #42
Reveille
  • Supports: Barça
  • XBox: Rudie Deerhoof

Reveille is an unknown

Yikes!
Reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 11:59   #43
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Yikes indeed.

I can see where @fatehasfans is coming from, and I agree somewhat.... but certainly not to that extreme!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 12:49   #44
fatehasfans
  • Supports: Arsenal

fatehasfans has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Yikes indeed.

I can see where @fatehasfans is coming from, and I agree somewhat.... but certainly not to that extreme!
Yup I'm angry indeed!

I have been a fan of PES since its inception, that's a lot of years - so yea when I see the franchise go this far down the crap-hole it upsets me. If we have a quick look at recent past events it will highlight the dangers of what is happening. Take PES 2014 for example, it split the fan-base and if you look at the amount of patches, mods and add-ons for 2013 compared to 2014 you'll clearly see that a lot fewer people had time for 14. So this (PES 15) was supposed to be a chance to put all that right though instead (if you scratch under the surface - by going to places such as this website) if you see the truth (that 15 is also poor) then the community is divided even further meaning that not only does the brand take a massive hit but standards suffer too! And less demand means less support.

It would appear to me that Konami simply can't make the core changes needed to bring this game to where it should be at this stage - they have had 26 years to improve their football game and yet there are still problems inherent in their latest instalment that plagued their earliest releases, and worse still some of the more annoying elements found in earlier titles have become more prominent (such as poor scripting and increasing AI control over player actions - bottlenecking). I mean why, in 26 years, do we still have linear pathing on passes? Why is it so hard to give the player complete freedom in his/her passing range considering we have analogue technology? The same can be said with shooting.

Why does the actual gameplay mechanics change when the difficulty changes? For example on higher difficulty, Passes are more restrictive and inconsistent, players are slower and less responsive, you simply cannot win the ball back because the computer just overrides any attempt made to get close enough to try. It basically cheats - game functions do not stay the same. In 26 years! They still use the same limited program scripting for AI so that we endure this mess rather than player with even odds and fair conditions against an adaptive AI that plays within the same fixed parameters given to the player. Why is it so hard to create an intelligent AI that responds to an individual player's ability in a fair manner without having to bend the laws of physics? Why indeed!

We deserve more, a lot more but I think that these problems (less player control etc, etc) suits younger players, those who haven't seen and endured what went long before those who do not benefit from hindsight, and so have less expectations. Those who just mash buttons with their mates and scream in high pitches noises when the computer momentarily permits a pass to go through a defender so they may get off a perfect shot (even though they were holding down six buttons and pushing in the wrong direction). Even though the same thing happens to him moments later from his mate these kids don't see with scrutiny, they don't really see the problems, they just play for a while then get called for their dinner, and the whole experience was "fun".

Maybe this is Konami's target audience (simply more of them too!) and maybe this is why the game is going the way it is and if that's the case then I am extremely upset because between them (Fifa and PES) no one else dares to make football games so we're stuck.

A friend said to me a few years ago that he thinks PES was becoming more like FIFA and vice versa, I can kind of see what he meant. They (Konami and EA) both live out of each others pockets, just like any competitive business relationship you need to know what the opposition is doing as much of the time as possible and even modify your own brand to suit and I think both EA and Konami do exactly that, FIFA has become slower and more open whereas PES has become more linear and bottlenecked. It's not as easy to tell the difference these days.
fatehasfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 13:38   #45
Reveille
  • Supports: Barça
  • XBox: Rudie Deerhoof

Reveille is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatehasfans View Post
Yup I'm angry indeed!

I have been a fan of PES since its inception, that's a lot of years - so yea when I see the franchise go this far down the crap-hole it upsets me. If we have a quick look at recent past events it will highlight the dangers of what is happening. Take PES 2014 for example, it split the fan-base and if you look at the amount of patches, mods and add-ons for 2013 compared to 2014 you'll clearly see that a lot fewer people had time for 14. So this (PES 15) was supposed to be a chance to put all that right though instead (if you scratch under the surface - by going to places such as this website) if you see the truth (that 15 is also poor) then the community is divided even further meaning that not only does the brand take a massive hit but standards suffer too! And less demand means less support.

It would appear to me that Konami simply can't make the core changes needed to bring this game to where it should be at this stage - they have had 26 years to improve their football game and yet there are still problems inherent in their latest instalment that plagued their earliest releases, and worse still some of the more annoying elements found in earlier titles have become more prominent (such as poor scripting and increasing AI control over player actions - bottlenecking). I mean why, in 26 years, do we still have linear pathing on passes? Why is it so hard to give the player complete freedom in his/her passing range considering we have analogue technology? The same can be said with shooting.

Why does the actual gameplay mechanics change when the difficulty changes? For example on higher difficulty, Passes are more restrictive and inconsistent, players are slower and less responsive, you simply cannot win the ball back because the computer just overrides any attempt made to get close enough to try. It basically cheats - game functions do not stay the same. In 26 years! They still use the same limited program scripting for AI so that we endure this mess rather than player with even odds and fair conditions against an adaptive AI that plays within the same fixed parameters given to the player. Why is it so hard to create an intelligent AI that responds to an individual player's ability in a fair manner without having to bend the laws of physics? Why indeed!

We deserve more, a lot more but I think that these problems (less player control etc, etc) suits younger players, those who haven't seen and endured what went long before those who do not benefit from hindsight, and so have less expectations. Those who just mash buttons with their mates and scream in high pitches noises when the computer momentarily permits a pass to go through a defender so they may get off a perfect shot (even though they were holding down six buttons and pushing in the wrong direction). Even though the same thing happens to him moments later from his mate these kids don't see with scrutiny, they don't really see the problems, they just play for a while then get called for their dinner, and the whole experience was "fun".

Maybe this is Konami's target audience (simply more of them too!) and maybe this is why the game is going the way it is and if that's the case then I am extremely upset because between them (Fifa and PES) no one else dares to make football games so we're stuck.

A friend said to me a few years ago that he thinks PES was becoming more like FIFA and vice versa, I can kind of see what he meant. They (Konami and EA) both live out of each others pockets, just like any competitive business relationship you need to know what the opposition is doing as much of the time as possible and even modify your own brand to suit and I think both EA and Konami do exactly that, FIFA has become slower and more open whereas PES has become more linear and bottlenecked. It's not as easy to tell the difference these days.

I don't agree with all of your points, but I feel it comes down to business, particularly to basic economic concepts, such as supply and demand. Do you think that any profit-making entity these days is going to reward a loyal minority in favor of selling more units to a raucous, young demographic? Moreover, can you (or should you) expect loyalty from these entities? I for one expect no loyalty be paid, and that's due largely due to my complete lack of loyalty for companies/corporations; our feelings are mutual, as it were. I can't expect them--even if they say differently in some ad campaign--to take me into consideration, and nor will I take their feelings/loyalty into thought when buying a friggin' video game.

In any event, "...it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart" (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
Reveille is offline   Reply With Quote