PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 19-04-2011, 14:10   #31
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
As Joel said, this is 10 episodes. No second season has been confirmed yet, but this season is only an adaption of the first book.

It'd be a shame if they left it like that, but I feel the plan is to adapt the whole series of books.
It's a very expensive show, but it looks like the viewing ratings will be high, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't get a 2nd season. The show is in the same vein as LOTR, so there's no reason why the viewing figures shouldn't stay high, if the show manages to keep the quality going. The good thing is, with shorter seasons, there's not much room for filler, so they should be able to keep the plot moving at a fairly decent pace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 14:10   #32
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
As Joel said, this is 10 episodes. No second season has been confirmed yet, but this season is only an adaption of the first book.

It'd be a shame if they left it like that, but I feel the plan is to adapt the whole series of books.
It's a very expensive show, but it looks like the viewing ratings will be high, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't get a 2nd season. The show is in the same vein as LOTR, so there's no reason why the viewing figures shouldn't stay high, if the show manages to keep the quality going. The good thing is, with shorter seasons, there's not much room for filler, so they should be able to keep the plot moving at a fairly decent pace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19-04-2011, 16:07   #33
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
That would have been some feat of ventriloquism.

I meant Jonno.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 19:26   #34
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Good news for you fagbashers:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s15...f-thrones.html
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 21:15   #35
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Excellent news.

Sorry for the triple post BTW.

Old 19-04-2011, 21:34   #36
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_BWFC View Post
The good thing is, with shorter seasons, there's not much room for filler, so they should be able to keep the plot moving at a fairly decent pace.
Having read the books, I can tell you that the pace of the books leaves no room for filler!!

Awesome news about the second season, and i'm glad to see the viewing figures were high.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 22:41   #37
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

How many episodes we in by the way? I want to watch a batch of them in one hit to get into it.
Old 19-04-2011, 22:46   #38
Jonno394
XLV

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

1 down, 9 to go,
Old 19-04-2011, 22:53   #39
Sminky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Not including the pilot episode though.
Old 19-04-2011, 22:53   #40
Jonno394
XLV

The pilot was a version of the first episode sminky. I doubt we'll ever get to see that version of it, if it was at all different.

Our episode 1 may well be the same as the pilot.
Old 19-04-2011, 22:54   #41
Original?
istrator
  • PSN: DivinoCodino

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Sky+'d this bad boy, Sky Atlantic is clearly the best channel around. Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, The Pacific and now Game of Thrones...
Original? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 23:04   #42
Sminky

Quote:
The pilot was a version of the first episode sminky. I doubt we'll ever get to see that version of it, if it was at all different.

Our episode 1 may well be the same as the pilot.
Really? The pilot episodes for alot of shows I've seen have always been prologues in effect for the season ahead. I can 'acquire' the pilot so I can let you know for definite in due time.
Old 20-04-2011, 08:43   #43
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
Really? The pilot episodes for alot of shows I've seen have always been prologues in effect for the season ahead. I can 'acquire' the pilot so I can let you know for definite in due time.
I think pilots are there for tow reasons. Either to say to the studio execs "Hey... look at this. Isn't it awesome? Give us a full series please", or to basically just introduce the characters and what the show is about, to the viewers. Not neccessarily a prologue though. In some instances, they don't even have the same actors in the pilot (like Being Human for instance).

A few of the more recent pilot episodes have failed because they tried to introduce too much too soon eg Flashforward, The Event. I think GoT got the balance right though.

Old 20-04-2011, 08:52   #44
Jonno394
XLV

Sminky, I've read the books so I can say with some sense of accuracy that there is no material to make a "prologue" for the show.

If anything, as Ali said, it may contain stand in actors and such as it is just a tool to sell the idea of a series. The plot will not have been radically different as the idea for the show is to stay as loyal to the source material as possible.
Old 20-04-2011, 10:24   #45
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The pilot episode of Sons of Anarchy had Scott Glen in the Clay role which would be interesting to see.

But of course no one here cares about that.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote