PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 12-02-2006, 07:51   #1
Highway Penguin

Highway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Rage Against The Machine

Any fans? A friend told me about them and I went out and picked up "The Battle of Los Angeles" the next day. Loved it. I started reading about them and then bought "Evil Empire" and their self titled album too. Their ST is probably one of my favorite CDs ever.

Tom is such a great guitar player and Zack's voice is equally good. Such an amazing band. It's just a shame that I got into them about a year after they split up. I'm not a fan of Audioslave, just because it is basically a watered down version of RATM and that is just no fun.

Anyways, what do you think of them?

Highway Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29   #2
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

They are an amazing band and i'm sad they broke up. The battle of Los Angeles is a fine album, but i prefer their debut over it. Fav song is there cover of Ghost of Tom Joad off the Renegades album.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:02   #3
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Evil Empire is quite simply one of the worst albums I've ever listened to. That said, their self-titled album is an absolute classic and one of the best. The Battle of Los Angeles is also good and probably the best they could do - there was no way they could match the brilliance of their self-titled album. Renegades was different, I liked it for that. Its the sort of thing I wouldn't listen to if anyone else had done it. As BarnDoor said, The Ghost of Tom Joad is clearly the best song on there (and obviously one of their best). Maggie's Farm is good too.

I've also got some rare songs they did, such as No Shelter and the brilliant You Can't Kill The Revolution with Tool.

I'm not sure about favourite...probably The Ghost of Tom Joad more often than not.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:38   #4
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

The selftitled album is brilliant, and Los Angeles was quite decent. I am also quite fond of Audioslave, their album is quality although it doesnt quite match Rage Against The Machine.

Favourites are Bomb Track,Killing in The Name,Township Rebellion and Bullet In The Head.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:04   #5
AgentZero

AgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by Ali

oh we got a rage virgin...
I was hooked on rage since 1999 when i realised my political stance/baises were on the left...and Rage was the thing to nurture that angst
fave songs:
Bulls On Parade
Killing In the Name of
Sleep Now IN the Fire
Old 12-02-2006, 13:12   #6
Jagsman

Jagsman is an unknown

Been a fan for a while. Got their first album when it came out then stopped listening to them for a while. Started listening to them again when i was 18 or 19 and bought the rest of their albums.
Quality band. Tom Morello is one of my favourite guitarists. He's got a very original sound and Zack's vocals are class.
Old 12-02-2006, 13:20   #7
Teekay
Human After All

Teekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Great band, I've listened to them far too little. Tom is a great guitar player, he is a rare player with his originality.

I don't really like Audioslave, they're just like Rage and Soundgarden put together, but really they are pretty lame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Teekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 13:26   #8
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryvs
The selftitled album is brilliant, and Los Angeles was quite decent. I am also quite fond of Audioslave, their album is quality although it doesnt quite match Rage Against The Machine.

Favourites are Bomb Track,Killing in The Name,Township Rebellion and Bullet In The Head.
take the power back is my favourite. Has one of the best bass riffs i've heard
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 13:33   #9
Hansel

Hansel is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHansel is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHansel is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHansel is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

I've only heard that one that goes like 'Fuck you I won't do what you tell me' and I like it, but those who want to can feel free to send me some more songs on msn...
Old 12-02-2006, 13:36   #10
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

thats killing in the name
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 16:52   #11
Highway Penguin

Highway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Oh, I forgot to list a few of my favorite songs....
Killing In the Name Of
Bullet In the Head
Calm Like A Bomb
Bulls On Parade
Maria

Has anyone heard any more news on Zack's solo album? I've been hearing about it for ages, but I haven't seen anything.

Good to see a few fans on the site.
Old 12-02-2006, 17:14   #12
Haribo
Super Moderator
  • Supports: Manchester United

Haribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I only actually know Wake Up and Killing In The Name Of, but I really like them both.
Haribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 19:24   #13
pbchillin

pbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonepbchillin has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

RATM were a great band, 2 great albums, shame Evil Empire was shite.
Old 12-02-2006, 19:47   #14
Highway Penguin

I don't think it was shite. It had some good songs on it, but it obviously wasn't the best of the 4 they've released.

Anyone have any of the DVDS?
Old 13-02-2006, 16:10   #15
Original?
istrator
  • PSN: DivinoCodino

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Rage Against the Machine are good, but how people prefer them to Audioslave is beyond me. Audioslave are like Rage, except they have a decent vocalist, Zack couldn't be more of a fucking communist if he tried and neither can he sing.
Original? is offline   Reply With Quote