PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 03-10-2011, 12:54   #1
riahc3

riahc3 is as bad as a Meyyappan post

No wingbacks?!?!?

What happen to the wingback position? Its not avaliable anymore...

riahc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 13:04   #2
abu97
  • Location: On the forums,on the streets,in the movie hall,at the colleges...
  • Supports: Aston Villa
  • PSN: retrosword

abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

thats because its not used in football anymore - it's side back know.
I mean come on- tell me a team in modern footall that uses wing back?
i'm glad they removed it as they complicated things
abu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 14:48   #3
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I think Napoli uses Wingbacks... well sort of...

But it's not a problem, just push the backs towards the midfield line and if they have offensive mentality, they will act as wingbacks.
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 15:45   #4
abu97

abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

wingbacks are just fullbacks like dani alves that are offensive. theres no need anyway because in pes 2012 sb's are already going up and down the wings
Old 03-10-2011, 16:57   #5
gunnerglow

gunnerglow has discovered the General Forums. God help us.gunnerglow has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

It does seem silly to remove the position, There is a definate differance between a RB and a RWB IMO.

This would not be a problem if we had sliders for each individual player, why they do not implement this idea i really do not know. Individual player instructions are a must for every manager, why not on PES?
Old 03-10-2011, 17:16   #6
BuddhaBone
  • Supports: Werder Bremen

BuddhaBone has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerglow View Post
Individual player instructions are a must for every manager, why not on PES?
Because their scripts would break!
BuddhaBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 17:53   #7
CheatersSuck

CheatersSuck is an unknown

I was just about to make a thread like this. Removing agility, shot technique, and now wingbacks?

The notion that wingbacks are not used in football today is the most outrageous claim I have heard in a while. No, top 3 outrageous things I have heard in the past decade. Actually, disregard that, it is not the most outrageous thing I have heard in a while because if it was, that would mean that I am, in some shape or form, dignifying such a ridiculous and oblivious claim. (and I apologize if that claim was sarcastic)

I cannot see any upsides to removing the wingback position, especially considering the fact that the removed the player arrows to adjust the attacking/defensive mindset of individual players.
CheatersSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 18:06   #8
br0de

br0de is an unknown

I'm annoyed by this too. But, there is an offensive sideback Player trait or whatever. Maybe that's pretty much a wingback.
br0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 18:08   #9
CheatersSuck

CheatersSuck is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0de View Post
I'm annoyed by this too. But, there is an offensive sideback Player trait or whatever. Maybe that's pretty much a wingback.
yah true, that helps though I still would want the actual position.
CheatersSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 20:47   #10
StringerBell
  • Supports: Reds & Phoceens
  • PSN: Stringer_-_Bell

StringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheatersSuck View Post
I was just about to make a thread like this. Removing agility, shot technique, and now wingbacks?

The notion that wingbacks are not used in football today is the most outrageous claim I have heard in a while. No, top 3 outrageous things I have heard in the past decade. Actually, disregard that, it is not the most outrageous thing I have heard in a while because if it was, that would mean that I am, in some shape or form, dignifying such a ridiculous and oblivious claim. (and I apologize if that claim was sarcastic)

I cannot see any upsides to removing the wingback position, especially considering the fact that the removed the player arrows to adjust the attacking/defensive mindset of individual players.
word, I used wingbacks when I play with Fiorentina and I'm pretty sure the real team utilizes that position from time to time.
Old 03-10-2011, 21:11   #11
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatasso View Post
I think Napoli uses Wingbacks... well sort of...

But it's not a problem, just push the backs towards the midfield line and if they have offensive mentality, they will act as wingbacks.
Against 4-3-3 you'll get raped using that. I just change my full-backs to side midfielders by my centre backs and use two defensive midfielders to cover the spaces. Job's a good 'un.
Old 03-10-2011, 22:25   #12
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Sminky, you are aware that you have 4 different tactics and strategies at disposal?

I use all of them, one which have my backs on the halfway line, two has the backs "normal" and the last got them completely on line with the defenders and very narrow. I am using a very defensive center midfield rather than a pure DMC, because they don't fall so deep when I am under pressure.

Safe to say that I switch strategy twice or more each half, as it also brings on a lot of unpredictable runs offensively. I mostly switch between Possession and Quick Counter, and the formations are the same, but different... if you know what I mean.
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:10   #13
abu97

maggio was 88 at pes 2011 and his highest stat was his stamina which was 82 which is weird so it was basically messed up so to make things less complicated they did the right things to remove it and add the card offensive fullback which technically is the same. now maggio has a realistic overall 80 aswell as being an offensive fullback. job done
Old 04-10-2011, 18:46   #14
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatasso View Post
Sminky, you are aware that you have 4 different tactics and strategies at disposal?

I use all of them, one which have my backs on the halfway line, two has the backs "normal" and the last got them completely on line with the defenders and very narrow. I am using a very defensive center midfield rather than a pure DMC, because they don't fall so deep when I am under pressure.

Safe to say that I switch strategy twice or more each half, as it also brings on a lot of unpredictable runs offensively. I mostly switch between Possession and Quick Counter, and the formations are the same, but different... if you know what I mean.
Similar systems to which I use although I never push my back line too high (fnar fnar) as I rarely have centre-backs with pace to cover the acres of space behind them. I'm slightly disappointed they removed the wingback role, outdated or not it was still a unique and nice touch by Konami but then it wouldn't be PES if they didn't needlessly remove something.
Old 04-10-2011, 20:24   #15
abu97

it's a waste of time and removing it saves space, money and something not worth complaining about as they don't affect anything as they are nearly the same as fullbacks