PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 09-10-2013, 15:24   #1
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Help me build a custom PC

Hey peeps. I am planning to make one by December or January. My budget is between 800 - 900 British pounds.

Here is my proposed specs:

Processor: Intel i5 4670k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX 760 2GB DCU II OC
Motherboard: MSI z87-G45
HDD: Western Digital Cavier Red NAS 2 TB
SSD: Corsair Force LS 128 GB
Power Supply: CM GX 750 W
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1866C9 8GB
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

Apart from cooling fans and Windows OS, did I miss any? In total, it costs about 840 British Pounds. I base my price from various shops that I have surveyed.

I based my specs based on some Youtube videos, and can you tell me whether all the items are compatible? Also, if you could recommend me the cheaper alternatives, that would be great.

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:01   #2
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
Hey peeps. I am planning to make one by December or January. My budget is between 800 - 900 British pounds.

Here is my proposed specs:

Good selection but if you are buying the k version and plan on overclocking ( which I highly recommend) then you'll need a new cooler.

Good card but I think you'll get better value on an AMD 7970 at the moment but if you do want to go Nvidia the value is in the 4GB version of the 670, monster of a card and cheaper.

I made a mistake on spending too much on my motherboard when I was building my system, as long as it has Usb 3 and Sata 6 then the cheaper the better if you want to save a few bucks towards something else. it's a nice board though if you have the cash, looks the part.

Good Shout

Should be plenty

Might be overkill.

Lovely case.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 19:14   #3
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Processor:

As Dundon's said, go for the i5-4670K to give yourself the option of overclocking but doing so will require a pretty good air cooler. You should be able to overclock well enough with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.

Graphics card:

Don't go for 4GB as Dundon's suggested unless the price is the same as the 2GB card OR you are going to play hugely demanding games at a bare minimum of 1920 x 1080 and to be honest, people will probably tell you that 4GB on only 1080p is a waste of time.

Motherboard:

I would disagree with Dundon's here. Whilst some motherboards are ridiculous in price and give you far too many ports, some of the slightly more expensive ones aid with overclocking. That said though, I wouldn't venture over £100 if I were you, simply because I don't think that you need to even if overclocking the i5-4670K (you can't overclock the non-K variant).

Power Supply:

I would go with a Corsair TX 750 for what seems like an additional £10 unless I looked up the wrong prices I've read some mixed comments about the quality of this power supply and this is the one component you absolutely do not want to skimp on.

RAM:

Overkill as Dundon's said. You will be fine with 1600Mhz RAM and if I were you, I would go for low profile RAM like the Corsair XMS3 or Corsair Vengeance LP (low profile) so you don't have problems later down the line with a heatsink that doesn't provide great clearance for RAM sticks.

I'm actually getting a new system myself in the next 8-10 weeks (probably a lot sooner as I've decided on everything that matters and am itching to just buy the components). By comparison just in case this leads you to anything of interest, this is what I'll end up with:

Motherboard: ASUS Z87 Sabertooth
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14 (not the SE2011 version)
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-12800 1600Mhz CL11
SSD 1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
SSD 2: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro
HDD 1: 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 (already in my current system)
HDD 2: 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 (already in my current system) - THE ONLY COMPONENT WHICH MAY CHANGE
External HDD 1: 1TB Western Digital MyBook Essential (already in my current system)
External HDD 2: 1.5TB Verbatim (already in my current system)
GPU: 2GB Radeon HD 6970 Lightning (already in my current system) - to be replaced in 2014
PSU: Corsair AX760
Sound card: Sound Blaster Z (already in my current system)
Case: Antec 1100

The cost of all that on Amazon last night was £1,149.30 and by shopping around I could get it down to £1,141.24. The thing stinging at the moment is the ridiculous price of RAM (£112.80 on Amazon yesterday; would have been closer to £70 just weeks ago).
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:36   #4
Foxhound

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Thanks to both of you. Nice to know that I don't need that kind of RAM. As for the cooling fan, is getting two of Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo too much?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:06   #5
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Thanks to both of you. Nice to know that I don't need that kind of RAM. As for the cooling fan, is getting two of Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo too much?
You can only ever have one heatsink because it is attached the motherboard and sits on top of the CPU (with the weight taken by the mounting bracket) like this:

I believe the Hyper 212 Evo comes with one fan. You can change that fan and I don't know whether it supports the use of a fan on the other side. Generally though, you would want to buy it and use it as is to see what your temperatures are.

In respect of case fans, you want to start with one at the front pulling cool air into the case, one at the back pushing hot air out of the case and the heatsink doing its thing (usually with the fan pulling heat off the metal blades and out towards the fan at the back to aid with the removal of hot air).
Old 12-10-2013, 11:32   #6
Viperized
  • Supports: Arsenal

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

If you want a MONSTER cooler, get the Noctua D14. It's what I'm rocking my PC.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:04   #7
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperized View Post
If you want a MONSTER cooler, get the Noctua D14. It's what I'm rocking my PC.
It is overkill for what he is attempting to do and eats into his budget. Its the cooler I'm getting though, as you can see from my earlier post.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:10   #8
Makavelian
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Seems pricey. Would these outperform closed loop water cooling?
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 14:03   #9
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

http://www.adverts.ie/processors/int...bungle/3938872

Only for I already have 2 PCs I'd be snapping this up, and he's doing the Corsair 600T case for €450 all in.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-10-2013, 14:11   #10
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelian View Post
The H100i is slightly better than the Noctua NH-D14. The Noctua is the second/third best air cooler you can buy. The best one, a Phanteks PH-TC14PE is 1mm too tall for the Antec 1100 I want to stick with and is pretty much on par with the H100i. The air coolers at this end of the spectrum have to be huge.
Old 12-10-2013, 18:53   #11
Viperized
  • Supports: Arsenal

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelian View Post
To be honest I just went for it because the reviews were great, cools well, and is quiet. I'm a fan of having a quiet PC. Probably will buy Noctua fans for my case as well because it's currently a little loud. However, they're vastly overpriced at £18 a pop.
Old 14-10-2013, 18:34   #12
Dundon's
W.G.P

Great priced GPU Card for anyone in the market.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-065-HS

Old 15-10-2013, 12:20   #13
Foxhound

Thanks. I did some more research regarding the case that I am planning to get. Turns out that it comes with 2 cooling fans - 1 x 120mm rear black 1200 RPM fan and 1 x 200mm front red LED fan.

I am still unsure of the graphic card though. I hope there will be more high end graphic cards to come by December so the price will go down.

I have just purchased the i5 4670k processor. Next month will probably the motherboard and the RAM.
Old 15-10-2013, 18:40   #14
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Thanks. I did some more research regarding the case that I am planning to get. Turns out that it comes with 2 cooling fans - 1 x 120mm rear black 1200 RPM fan and 1 x 200mm front red LED fan.

I am still unsure of the graphic card though. I hope there will be more high end graphic cards to come by December so the price will go down.

I have just purchased the i5 4670k processor. Next month will probably the motherboard and the RAM.
No more cards this year after the R9 and R7 releases by AMD which are basically 7900 and 7800 cards. Both Nvidia and AMD will release new cards on 22nm processes which should provide the next big performance increase. I'm waiting on those, possibly even until the second wave of them.
Old 07-12-2013, 13:12   #15
Foxhound

I've completed my PC build. Here is the finalised specs:

Intel i5 4670k
MSI Z87-G45
Corsair Vengeance LP 2x 4GB 1600C
Samsung EVO 840 120GB
Seagate CS 1 TB HDD Sata
Liteon Bluray Rom
Asus GTX 770 2GB Direct CU II
Aerocool templarius imperator 750w
Cooler Master Storm Scout II Black

The shop has offered a free assembly, and I will pick it up on Tuesday.

Windows 8 OEM will be purchased separately. I've also decided not to purchase a CPU cooling fan as I have no plan to overclock yet.