Banned

normanthecat2 is an unknown

i got a mp3 player for 40 pound but its only a 128mb

normanthecat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 20:40   #62
Travis Bickle
not to be taken seriously

Travis Bickle has disabled reputation

What do you reckon of the Sony vaio ones ?

Sony vaio pocket

Seems alright for a 40g mp3, plus do ipods support ATRAC files ?
Old 21-07-2005, 01:09   #63
LiamK

LiamK has disabled reputation

I'd not seen that before, but that looks good. 40GB, 20 hour battery, LCD display and supports ATRAC files.

Reminds me of the Cowon iAudio - but better value.

The battery is built in though, which is sometimes a problem, and as with all earphones that come with mp3 players, you should throw them away immediately and buy some half-decent ones.

The software you'll use will be Sony SonicStage (the same software as I use for the HD5) which is pretty shit, Sony also make it so that there can be no other alternative softwares to be used - which is pretty inconsiderate when you consider how bad it is in comparison to Creative MediaSource or iTunes.
LiamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 01:28   #64
Gary G

Gary G is an unknown

I remember using SonicStage, as before I bought an MP3 player I had a Sony Net MD Minidisc player, I don't really recall having too many problems with it, although at the time I didn't know of any other software that could do the same job.

I notice the iRiver was mentioned before, I actually owned one of these a few weeks ago, albeit very briefly, as my Zen Touch became unusable due to debris gathering underneath the buttons, meaning certain buttons such as skip track and play/pause were rendered useless.

Having become accustomed to the Zen Touch, and previously the Zen Xtra, I found the iRiver overly complicated, it took a while to get used to the navigation and i realised i didn't really require a player with so many options (Music, text files, photos). The multicolour screen was impressive but I prefer the Zen Touch layout, it's simple but effective. My opinions will obviously differ from someone who doesn't just want to play music, but like I said above I didn't really use all of the options available. Another point when discussing the iRiver is that memory space is took up by various sources and not just MP3's, meaning I might not have been able to fit as much music on it as I would have liked. The iRiver is a fantastic piece of kit if you're after a multi-functional, colour-screen media player, but it just wasn't for me.

So it's back to the dependable Zen Touch for me, although having seen Liam's new player i'm not sure I made the right decision, although I didn't see that particular MP3 player when I was in Currys, as I had to pick a replacement from there which kind of limited my choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 01:44   #65
LiamK

One disadvantage of the HD5 is that there's no scroll device. If you know what I mean.

The iPod has the touch wheel, Zen Xtra the plastic wheel down the side and the Zen Touch has the touch pad on the front, the HD5 only has buttons - which can be irritating because when you've got entire music collections on your mp3 player scrolling is something you need to do a lot of, and it's just easier with a touch-sensative device like you find in the iPod and the Zen Touch.
Old 21-07-2005, 02:00   #66
Gary G

Gary G is an unknown

Yeah I see how that would be a problem, generally when i'm using my player and want to find a particular track i'll scroll though all the tracks, I find this makes locating individual tracks easier when I have the player on random setting. The scroll function makes finding tracks easier.

It took a while to get used to the touchpad, but I soon got the hang of it, the sensitivity of the touchpad can be altered, this helps alot as upon first use of the player the touchpad can seem rather too sensitive.

The only slight problem with the Zen Touch is that it occasionally crashes, this can become annoying as if I want reset the player i need to find a pin or something similar. The reset button is located on the bottom left corner of the player, as you can see in the photo above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 21-07-2005, 02:18   #67
LiamK

That happened occasionally on the Zen Xtra as well, I always used to just take the battery out, I take it the battery isn't removable on the Zen Touch?

That was another irritating thing about the Zen Xtra, that flimsy plastic cover just wouldn't stay on. It would just pop up occasionally of its own accord until you couldn't place it down on a flat surface or softly touch the cover without it popping off. In the end I had to stick sellotape around it
Old 21-07-2005, 02:37   #68
Gary G

Gary G is an unknown

Aye, bringing back memories there like, the cover on the Zen Xtra used to piss me off no end, eventually the cover bent slightly aswell, which made it nigh on impossible to place the cover back on the player. I could barely listen to it when it was in my pocket without the cover popping off.

The battery on the Zen touch can only be removed by unscrewing the back of the player, this is a good thing when you take into account the problems with the removable battery on the Zen Xtra, but as you mention it is also a problem when the player crashes, although not a problem that can't be worked round.

Old 21-07-2005, 09:58   #69
Teekay
Human After All

Teekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneTeekay has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G
The only slight problem with the Zen Touch is that it occasionally crashes,
This seems to be a common problem with big memory Mp3's. My iPod seems to crash just random, it can happen anytime, but luckily it's pretty rare. Just hope they can fix this to following models, as it is very annoying.

Otherwise I've been very happy with my iPod. It's very quick and easy to use thanks to the touchwheel the menus which are both easy and fast to use. Also the iTunes program is great, to me it's the best music player I've ever used. I can recommend it to anyone who's about to buy a Mp3 player, but as I haven't had any other player in a long term use, I can't really compare iPod to other players.

Teekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:58   #70
Lorenzinho
  • XBox: LorenzoMuse

Lorenzinho has disabled reputation

Right, getting myself a proper MP3 player! Need some help deciding. Sorry for bringing back an old thread, just thought it'd be better than creating a new one...

Anyway, can anybody tell me if this is a decent MP3 player? I mean does it crash, etc, etc...

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/626_288071.html

That's it. So yes, any help would be vastly appreciated!
Most hated people right now: Raymond Domenech, Lassana Diarra
Lorenzinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 15:14   #71
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Got a 1GB player for 90 euro's 4 months ago, which isnt bad although I had money for an Ipod, but maybe I wanted to save some for other things.
My earphones are now broke, and only by twisting the wires in such a way you'll be able to use them.

Imagine someone in the train with his hands holding those wires in a strange way.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 15:17   #72
Top Gun
  • XBox: Zodiac19

Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Get an Ipod they are so much better mine can carry 1500 songs.

Top Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:19   #73
gore1337

gore1337 is an unknown

ipod nano 2gb is the best
gore1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:28   #74
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Wouldn't touch an iPod. Always go with Creative as I'm used to the functionality of their players and despite what people say, they're not difficult to navigate.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 22:31   #75
MrShhh

MrShhh is an unknown

Creative zen xtra 60 GB. Mine can hold 16000 trax. I know it seems a lot but at the mo ive only got 3000+ on the Zen. I have listened to the Ipod and im not impressed. I think the sound quality is not as good as the creative. But thats my opinion tho. The good thing about the bigger memory is that you dont have to worry about deleting old tracks to make way for newer songs.Believe me, if you only had 100 songs on yor jukebox u would soon get bored with them. Honestly, if you want to buy a jukebox its best if you know someone who has one so u can listen before you buy, ppl have different views and tastes. You can also change the audio sound on the Zen as well, ie garage, jazz club, cathedral,bathroom just to give it different sound. Also it has another function where you can slow the song down without distortion or speed up. I dont know if the other jukeboxes do the same.
MrShhh is offline   Reply With Quote