PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 28-11-2007, 19:54   #1
bigow

bigow is an unknown

Which is better: PS3 or XBOX 360?

i have got a ps2 at the moment, but am very tempted to get a new console. I dont want to get a wii because u look like a twat waving your body all over the place, so i have decided to have either a ps2 or xbox 360. But which one do i choose?

my bro says that xbox 360 doesnt have many games (which i dont believe is true) whereas ps3 has better games. However, my mates have got the xbox 360 and they have been saying so many things about it, they are making me green with envy. I know that xbox 360 can be a problem with some of its features, however, i have played on an xbox 360 and love it to bits. Plus, xbox 360 seems to be cheaper than ps3.

I would like to hear opinions on this and hopefully my brother (and parents) will allow me to get it.

bigow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 20:35   #2
The Messiah
#1 Troll
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: yingandyangbros

The Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

PS3
Has Blu-ray player.
More reliable.
Free online.

Xbox 360
Better online experience.
Better game line up.
Cheaper to buy but you need to pay the play online.

These are based on now. Who knows what the future holds?! I myself have a PS3 but I bought one due to the controls.
The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 20:42   #3
o0oGedo0o
"ThE liTtlE PhAraOh"
  • PSN: painkilling

o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I think it depends on how you're going to use it. I for example am going to use it as an entertainment system, not just for gaming. Put it in the middle of my living room, plug to to a surround sound system and a high def. tv, play movies with better quality, listen to music and do almost anything with it. That's why I went for the ps3, seems more reliable and has blu-ray.

About that free online gaming, Sony has stated times and times before that they'll stick to their free online gaming policy. Hope they'll just do that.
o0oGedo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 20:45   #4
The Messiah
#1 Troll

The Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

I also use it as an entertainment HUB like o0oGedo0o stated.
Old 28-11-2007, 21:48   #5
PacMan

PacMan has discovered the General Forums. God help us.PacMan has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

The PS3 is a better machine, but it's still in diapers, and those who bought it when it came out haven't got as much satisfaction out of it as XB360 users got out of their console. If you're in for a long term solution, get one of those. Or wait till there are lots of games out for it and then buy it much cheaper.

The X-Box 360 is a nice console, the three negative points being its weird controls, the fact that it's past its peak, and that it's made by Microsoft.

Oh, and with all this DX-10 hype going around, as well as the new hardware about to come out, I don't know if it's a good time to buy a console. Waters are being stirred right now and I'm not sure what's going to happen with the hardware and gaming market next year. We might see a jump in quality for PC games that (current) consoles won't keep up with. I mean, if Crysis is anything to go by, then us PC users are in for a treat.
Well, the PS3 has the CELL functionality and 7 cores, which should get it out of trouble for some years, but the XB360 is going to be replaced by a newer version hands down in a year or two at the most.
PacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 13:43   #6
fick
  • Supports: Man United / Chicago Bears
  • XBox: ficklered
  • PSN: ficklered

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Follow your heart. Pick the one that appeals to you most.

Buy an Xbox however & we'll hunt you down...
fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 18:16   #7
bigow

bigow is an unknown

thanks for the comments.

o0ogedo0o,

you said that you only got the ps3 because of entertainment instead of gaming.

does that mean that xbox 360 would be better for gaming instead of entertainment?

also, how much is it for playing online with the xbox 360?

I have always loved the xbox 360 ever since playing Test Drive! Anyway, if my parents own't let me get it, then i'll get the psp instead!
Old 29-11-2007, 18:35   #8
Dan
Woo Woo Woo
  • XBox: Dancbert19
  • PSN: DanCustard

Dan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Do your mates play online with the 360? Join them if they do. I joined LIVE about a year and a half ago and it's the best gaming purchase I've made. It's 40 quid for a years subscription, but you get a months free when you sign up. You can also buy smaller subscriptions, like 3 months worth for a tenner or so.

PS3 has Metal Gear out next year, but if you and your mates find a good game to play online (CoD 4, Halo) you aren't really going to miss much.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 18:43   #9
Stella Artois

Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Xbox. The PS3 sucks dick.

"The conclusion that worries me is that Arsenal could pick nine reserves and score six goals at Anfield. We had seven of the first team and could not win.

"There is a lesson in this for the whole of our club."

Yes. You're rubbish.
Quote:
I'm not going to mention what did Stella Artois used to tell me. I don't want to compare anyone to Stella.
Stella Artois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 18:45   #10
The Messiah
#1 Troll

Old 29-11-2007, 18:46   #11
Jonny2J
  • XBox: Jonny2J

Jonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Xbox. The PS3 sucks dick.
I thought you were getting a PS3 for Xmas?

Here's an interesting read for those who get caught up in all of this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88461
Jonny2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 18:48   #12
Stella Artois

Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2J View Post
I thought you were getting a PS3 for Xmas?

Here's an interesting read for those who get caught up in all of this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88461
Not going to bother getting either. Can't get online at Uni so it's pointless.

I'd have an Xbox by now, but I'm not a fan of the controllers and wonder if I'd ever get used to them.

"The conclusion that worries me is that Arsenal could pick nine reserves and score six goals at Anfield. We had seven of the first team and could not win.

"There is a lesson in this for the whole of our club."

Yes. You're rubbish.
Quote:
I'm not going to mention what did Stella Artois used to tell me. I don't want to compare anyone to Stella.
Stella Artois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 21:17   #13
o0oGedo0o
"ThE liTtlE PhAraOh"
  • PSN: painkilling

o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigow View Post
thanks for the comments.

o0ogedo0o,

you said that you only got the ps3 because of entertainment instead of gaming.

does that mean that xbox 360 would be better for gaming instead of entertainment?

also, how much is it for playing online with the xbox 360?

I have always loved the xbox 360 ever since playing Test Drive! Anyway, if my parents own't let me get it, then i'll get the psp instead!
Don't get me wrong here, I did get it for gaming mainly. But I do use it in doing almost everything else. Like for example if I just woke up and need to check the emails, or listen to music without having to wait for my pc to boot up, and lots of other things.
The 360 is a powerful machine as well, actually some games (if not most) will run with better graphics on it. But then again there are a few problems:
1) Reliability, overheat and other tech probs.
2) No blu-ray, which might be fine with some users.
3) The ps3 is still not being used to the max., when that finally happens we'll see better games on the ps3 than on the xbox on my opinion.
o0oGedo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 16:12   #14
bigow

bigow is an unknown

thanx again,

thats made things a lot clearer
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25   #15
Lorenzinho
  • XBox: LorenzoMuse

Lorenzinho has disabled reputation

I went for a 360 for a number of reasons.

- Slightly more for your whack. 120GB hard drive in the elite for £300 (I got the elite) whereas it's only 40GB in the PS3 for pretty much the same price.
- Still has the ability to stream media from anywhere in your home.
- The number of exclusive games on the Playstation is rapidly decreasing. MGS and a few other ones. GTA IV will be on the 360 aswell.
- All Halos.
- THE ORANGE BOX! (What a bloody bargain!)
- Better online experience plus the fact that most of my mates had 360s.

It's upto you. People are just going to tell you to buy what they bought. Buy what most of your mates have. That'll make online awesome.
Most hated people right now: Raymond Domenech, Lassana Diarra
Lorenzinho is offline   Reply With Quote