PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 18-11-2008, 12:52   #1
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Exclamation I have a PC Virus!!

Majorly bad news, I've downloaded about 4/5 different anti virus software and none seem to be removing it!

It's beyong a fucking joke now, I can't open iTunes/MSN/Firefox along with a few other things...I don't really care about the PC because it's old, but I care about what I have on it!

I tried to copy all my valuable/meaningful things on to my 8GB memory stick on my phone, but the virus has fucked up Active Sync so I can't do that either!

Anyone know a tried and trusted way of getting rid of an actual virus and not just spyware?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 13:24   #2
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Have you tried Kaspersky Anti-virus? I had a virus affected my system32 a few months ago. I got rid of the virus by starting the computer on safe mode, and performed a full system scan.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 13:43   #3
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Can you open RegEdit? (Start Menu -> Run -> type regedit -> Press ENTER)
Can you open MSConfig? (Start Menu -> Run -> type msconfig -> Press ENTER)

Download Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx) and if at all possible, provide me with screenshots of the running processes.

Which anti-virus programs have you used?

Have you tried any anti-malware programs such as the one at www.malwarebytes.org? If not, download that and see if it can provide any help. Also run anti-spyware tools such as SpyBot in order to reduce the size of the current infection.

I hope you realise that the files you are trying to transfer to your USB stick could be infected and even if they're not, the USB stick could now be infected.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 13:54   #4
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Don Sweey my laptop has Drive sentry already installed on it, should I get some more anti virus protection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 14:05   #5
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThierryHenry14 View Post
Don Sweey my laptop has Drive sentry already installed on it, should I get some more anti virus protection.
Wrong thread but yes. I'd consider disabling Drive Sentry if its possible another anti-virus could conflict with it.
Old 18-11-2008, 14:59   #6
Wan
PESGaming legend in opposite world
  • Supports: Chelsea

Wan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Hmm Sweey, how about Ad-Aware? Or do you consider Malwarebytes better?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 15:08   #7
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan109 View Post
Hmm Sweey, how about Ad-Aware? Or do you consider Malwarebytes better?
They do different jobs. Malware is more malicious than adware and is the propagator for many types of viruses.
Old 18-11-2008, 16:45   #8
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sweey View Post
Can you open RegEdit? (Start Menu -> Run -> type regedit -> Press ENTER)
Can you open MSConfig? (Start Menu -> Run -> type msconfig -> Press ENTER)

Download Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx) and if at all possible, provide me with screenshots of the running processes.

Which anti-virus programs have you used?

Have you tried any anti-malware programs such as the one at www.malwarebytes.org? If not, download that and see if it can provide any help. Also run anti-spyware tools such as SpyBot in order to reduce the size of the current infection.

I hope you realise that the files you are trying to transfer to your USB stick could be infected and even if they're not, the USB stick could now be infected.
Thanks mate I'm trying some of this as we speak, I'll send you screens of the running processes via private mail in a couple of minutes I'm going to run the malware program first.

It seems that when I try to run common programs like MSN / Firefox it comes up with an error message about the .dll or something...
Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 16:47   #9
Wan
PESGaming legend in opposite world
  • Supports: Chelsea

Wan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Do you use AVG mate?

Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 17:23   #10
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullverine View Post
Have you tried Kaspersky Anti-virus? I had a virus affected my system32 a few months ago. I got rid of the virus by starting the computer on safe mode, and performed a full system scan.
I think I may have to try Kaspersky as I've had some system32 bollocks for a while, though it doesn't seem to affect the performance of my PC that much.

As Wan mentioned, I use AVG and find it pretty reliable.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 17:26   #11
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Is the basic version of AVG good, I think my dad has a CD of it which I take it's a better version.

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 17:27   #12
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Yeah i just downloaded the free one, seems pretty good to me.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 19:04   #13
I.N Extasy

I.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Considering the AVG talk going on here, I'm taking this as an opportunity to ask. Sweey, or anyone else knowing, why is it that whenever I try to install AVG it says that a binary value has been edited in the registry? (or something like that!) Is it a virus or something? I've scanned and removed Spyware from my computer using SpyBot already, by the way.

My other problem is that whenever I click on a local disk drive (in my computer), it doesn't open in the same window but it opens in a separate one. Anyway I can solve this?

Note: When I had just installed Windows XP SP3, it was opening in the same window. It must be a virus or whatever. :|

Help, will as always, be highly appreciated.
I.N Extasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 20:42   #14
Sweey
*RETIRED*

AVG is good, Avast is of a similar standard but I'm using AVG.

I.N Extasy, what program is telling youa bout the binary value change? If its TeaTimer, the system settings protector of SpyBot then you know for a fact AVG is a trustworthy program so should allow the change.

As for the opening in the same window or another, that's a simple setting under Tools -> Folder Options. Nothing to do with a virus. Some people prefer new folders to open in the same window and others, like me, prefer new windows.
Old 18-11-2008, 21:13   #15
I.N Extasy

I.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I've tried that before and just now. I un-ticked/re-ticked the check box. It's still the same.

When isntalling AVG Free, it says that one error occurred. Here it is:
Quote:
Local machine: installation failed
Initialization:
Error: Registry value is not of a BINARY type.
I.N Extasy is offline   Reply With Quote