PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 25-02-2009, 16:22   #676
jMz
I beg your pardon?
  • Supports: Newcastle United, Barcelona

jMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

That was back on PES4 or 5, and we were using our ML Teams. I'm not crazy with the superstars these days.

I'm desperate to throw a bit of life into this thread again, but I never seem to have the time anymore. I love reading how different people play the game, and each post seems to add new info to the topic. It makes me happy to know people are sitting tinkering for hours, and sharing their experience. I've learnt quite a bit since starting this thread, and never really thanked anybody for their contributions. Thank you all.

The sad news is that since I live with my girlfriend now, my PES career has taken somewhat of a slump. I've not been playing it much, and when I went back to it the other night I got knocked out of the Masters Cup, I had a 2-0 lead from the first leg, but managed to get beat 3-0. So I picked Classic Brazil and played against a nobody team, and only managed to win 1-0. I think I may be losing my powers. Anyway, I'm going to play for a few hours this afternoon. I should be working.

EDIT: By the way, I have updated the first page for PES2009. Sorry it took so long!
Old 04-03-2009, 18:12   #677
mxrcr

mxrcr is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jMz View Post
That was back on PES4 or 5, and we were using our ML Teams. I'm not crazy with the superstars these days.

I'm desperate to throw a bit of life into this thread again, but I never seem to have the time anymore. I love reading how different people play the game, and each post seems to add new info to the topic. It makes me happy to know people are sitting tinkering for hours, and sharing their experience. I've learnt quite a bit since starting this thread, and never really thanked anybody for their contributions. Thank you all.

The sad news is that since I live with my girlfriend now, my PES career has taken somewhat of a slump. I've not been playing it much, and when I went back to it the other night I got knocked out of the Masters Cup, I had a 2-0 lead from the first leg, but managed to get beat 3-0. So I picked Classic Brazil and played against a nobody team, and only managed to win 1-0. I think I may be losing my powers. Anyway, I'm going to play for a few hours this afternoon. I should be working.

EDIT: By the way, I have updated the first page for PES2009. Sorry it took so long!
So you changed PES for a girl? I hope she's hot!

I play with Ajax and found that their default formation, an offensive 4-3-3 suited me quite well. The two SB go all the way up the flanks in the attack, in the mid I have 1 DMF, one CMF who and one AMF, 2 wings and the CF. I've only played around with the attacking arrows a bit to make them more offensive and I also set the defense level to low for the attacking players.
mxrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 15:41   #678
paultrickle

paultrickle is an unknown

Quote:
Yeah I like that Kewell. I don't like to play so negatively/defensively myself, but I can see its advantages. It looks very strong.

Jordan74, I don't have any youth players in my team yet (apart from the classics, who start at 17), and I think my mates are only a few seasons in so I don't know. I haven't seen any yet. A way to check is load your MLteam up in exhibition and just check out his stats. You'll know that way. The classic players revert to what they are in match mode (default), which is good because they start in ML with lowered stats and you have to build them up. Does that make sense?

I had a good weekend on PES with the lads, I got beat a few times last weekend, but this time I was unbeaten all weekend. The highlight of the session was a 5-4 victory against my best mate. Both with our superstar ML teams. He was 2-0 up after 20 mins, I fought back to 2-2, then snatched the lead at 3-2, then he pulled it back to 4-3, then I got a last minute equaliser, and scored the golden goal after about 40 passes from my kick off. Fabulous game.
JMZ: I need your help

I am playing Barcelona. My fried is using Manchester United.
I tried several tactics and formations with no luck. My main problem is that I dominate the ball, have more posession, my friend kills me with the counter attacks. He sends the ball to Park Ji Sung or Cristiano Rolando, then they send a thru ball to Rooney or Tevez. They dribble Puyol or Marquez and I have a one-on-one situation against my GK.
It is very frustrating. I tried 4-3-3 and 4-4-2. I am trying to find a formation and tactic that can help me with Manchester counter attacks in one hand, and in the other hand to be "barcelona alike".. If you have any of this recommendations, I will appreciate it. If you think that Barcelona is not the best team to play against MU, please suggest me a team that it is.

Thanks in advance and excuse any typos or errors in this message.
paultrickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 15:55   #679
freak08

freak08 is an unknown

@ paultrickle
you are right.... while playing against MAN UTD or any pace teams .. what you gotta do is to
1) make your defence line hold deep to goal.....
2) mark aggressively - berbatov and rooney use
3) when cursor is on your defender, use L1 to block the wingers way at the same time press shoot button for an assistant defender[com] to chase him..this is a nice idea and very effective tactic for stopping wingers. but don use this tactic when you are inside box, which would be dangerous. and make sure that the cursor is set to assisted in your cursor settings.
freak08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 23:57   #680
paultrickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak08 View Post
@ paultrickle
you are right.... while playing against MAN UTD or any pace teams .. what you gotta do is to
1) make your defence line hold deep to goal.....
2) mark aggressively - berbatov and rooney use
3) when cursor is on your defender, use L1 to block the wingers way at the same time press shoot button for an assistant defender[com] to chase him..this is a nice idea and very effective tactic for stopping wingers. but don use this tactic when you are inside box, which would be dangerous. and make sure that the cursor is set to assisted in your cursor settings.
Thanks!, but I do not quite understand your point #3. Could you please explain it to me again?
Old 11-03-2009, 14:53   #681
jMz
I beg your pardon?

jMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I think he means to use the second player press (Square) while you are jockeying (R2) on the wing with your controlled player. It works with CPU opposition, but humans are likely to just run past while you are covering. If you bring the second player in while you are covering, the angles should be covered and he'll have nowhere to go.
Man Utd are hard work in the right hands. You could always try to sit deep and counter attack, thus meaning they would have to come to you. This relies on your defensive skills though. And of course, your ability to implement said counter attack.
Old 12-03-2009, 21:24   #682
paultrickle

Quote:
I think he means to use the second player press (Square) while you are jockeying (R2) on the wing with your controlled player. It works with CPU opposition, but humans are likely to just run past while you are covering. If you bring the second player in while you are covering, the angles should be covered and he'll have nowhere to go.
Man Utd are hard work in the right hands. You could always try to sit deep and counter attack, thus meaning they would have to come to you. This relies on your defensive skills though. And of course, your ability to implement said counter attack.
JMZ: Do you recommend a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2- formation using Barcelona against Manchester United played by human (not CPU) ?
Regards
Old 12-03-2009, 23:17   #683
jMz
I beg your pardon?

Either. I normally just use the default for Barca, and just swap one or two players. But a 3-5-2 could work, deep with 2 DMFs and wide men, it's hard for me to say what is good for someone I've never seen play.
Old 17-04-2009, 13:02   #684
Krishna
  • Supports: Arsenal

Krishna is an unknown

Quote:
This is one for those who like a back 4 with a difference.

I can't see nothing?

And the link don't work

Are these formations good for playing against human players? Or just computer?
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 05:44   #685
jignesh_modi

jignesh_modi is an unknown

Smile

[QUOTE=ingie;1192855]

this Formation Really Rockkkking.................... in PES 2009.
jignesh_modi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 07:30   #686
D.Drogba
  • Supports: Chelsea

D.Drogba is as bad as a Meyyappan post

wow it looks awesome but how do u do that arrow thing on the PC version
i can only do it on the PS2 version but not on my PC
D.Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 22:28   #687
weltact

weltact is an unknown

sorry for the double message but i would really like to know how to save strategy A and strategy B on PES 2009 XBOX
i dont know if its a bug but i copy my straetgy A and strategy B in their respective boxes and then go to save stock data and then the next time i load stock data and copy that formation to now in use square it only has that one, and the strategy A and B reverted to normal

i dont know, i think im doing everything right..could someone please tell me if this is a bug in the game or there is some unobvious trick

thanks a million!
weltact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 14:22   #688
AbaraiSooney

AbaraiSooney is an unknown

nice tips..
keep posting..
AbaraiSooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 02:09   #689
A Gijgorev

A Gijgorev is an unknown

Well, there hasn't been any formation posted in here for quite some time, but I still hope someone with decent knowledge can help me out a bit...

I'm playing PES5 since I don't like how the newer games look and play. Against the AI I'm doing pretty good, no matter what formation or team I use.

What I need: Two formations for a rather mediocre team, one for defending and getting the ball back (set to auto-defense) and one for a midfield supported all-out attack (set to auto-attack).

The reason for using two formations instead of three is that I'm playing on the keyboard and the manual switching is a little complicated for me. I'm playing a master league (******) with the kind of players that peak after like 6 or 8 seasons at about 85. No super stars or any of the likes of Babel and Park Chu Young and Farfan and so on. I'm also using the same team (with the initial player attributes) to play against a mate who usually takes Germany or other teams of similar strength.

Formation A:
I'm not bothering about counter attacks anymore. I don't need them against the AI, and when playing with my mate I don't want to play risky balls, since I want to deny him any goals (and if possible even any shots on goal) and thus have to keep possession as much as possible. Don't get me wrong though, I don't want a defensive formation per se. The initial formation should have 4 at the back and as much midfielders as possible while still posing a theoretical counter attacking threat, primarily for preventing enemy CB from joining the attack. The formation should be good at getting the ball back early in case of bad passing. However it shouldn't look overly defensive neither in the formation setup screen nor on the pitch.

Formation B:
Now this is where it gets interesting. I want something that I can switch to when I'm in possession and my mate has organized his defense, similar to jMz's 2-6-2 from page 7. However, my RB is only adept at this position, and since I want something asymmetrical anyway (only for formation B), I plan to leave him there. LB is also adept at LWB and LMF. Most players are only adept at one role, and I have no players that can play both DMF and either CB or SWP. The players that can play in multiple roles are:

SB - WB - SMF (left)
CMF - SMF - AMF (left)
SMF - AMF - WF (both)
WB - SMF - AMF - SS - WF (both) *
DMF - AMF - SS - WF - CF (both)
WF - CF (both)
DMF - CMF (both)

The player marked with the asterisk (no. 8) is pretty much the star of my team. Although small and not very fast, he has a deadly cross and is good at taking free kicks up to 35 yards. He also has great stamina, teamwork and mentality attributes.
To confuse my mate and hopefully thwart all man marking attempts, I want my players to swap positions and sides as much as possible with these two formations. For example, I thought about having my star initially play LMF, and at formation B he changes to RWF while the former LB takes his old position. Also, CF (1 or 2?) from formation A should maybe drop to midfield position(s) or to opposite wing(s).
Regarding defense and enemy counterattacks: I'm pretty good at defending, however I really want to win without conceding any goals. Would it make sense to have two CB and one RB on "back line: C", like this?

To sum up, my questions are:
- What formations should I use for A and B?
- What defensive and attacking arrows should I assign? I still don't get what exactly those do. Also, should I assign any arrows to my GK?
- Which team strategies and defence system should I choose?
- Which three semi-automatic strategies should I choose?
- What penalties do I get when I assign players to positions they aren't adept at? Are they negligible?
- What exactly is the teamwork attribute responsible for?

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
A Gijgorev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 23:00   #690
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Wtf are you doing? Someone ban this jackass ffs
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote