PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 03-01-2020, 13:35   #1
Antonyc1977
  • PSN: TITG_Ant_v2

Antonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

The Ups & Downs of PES over the Years...

Hi All

I have been a community member for 8+ Years and I have seen the very best and the very worst of Pro Evolution Soccer over the years.

Started off in 1998(?) when I was in my youth, and this game had something special about it.

Going through the years up to PES 5 on the PS2 where I was convinced a football game could NOT get better than this.

Out came PES 2008 on the PS3 and I knew that this was a massive downturn in gameplay due to the new engine and console. BUT.......
by PES 2013 on PS3 & XBox 360, the game had hit those dizzy heights of greatness once again thanks to Konami's persistence on bringing back excellent game play.
I think we were all in love with PES 2013? Especially with all of the revolutionary kit editing and relinking of player faces. AND of course the Stadium Editor.

Out came PES 2014 on PS3 & XBox 360 but again, new engine, new gameplay, TERRIBLE faces and face build capabilities.

PES 2015 came out on PS4, improvements made but still not great - shows progression though, when compared to PES 2014.

PES 2016, much better game play, hugely improved face building tools and editor in general. Loved the Euro 2016 update too, but still no Stadium Editor or Team Exporter / Importer. BUT - progression was apparent and very much looking forward to PES 2017.

PES 2017 - AMAZING, loads of proper Legends, great game play offline as well as online - a good balance between ML, BAL and My Club - I actually spent 200.00 on getting ALL Legends for MyClub.

PES 2018 - A step backwards as far as offline game play was concerned. Certain bugs meant I didn't enjoy ML as much as 2017. MyClub became a bit more full of content though.

PES 2019 - WTF! Gameplay flawed with heading and jumping. Got half fixed by March 2019. MyClub content had boomed and suddenly became Konami's main focus. Acquiring specific players in MyClub became very difficult and clearly Konami's aims were to sell as many coins as possible with very little reward.

PES 2020 - Great demo, I think we all thought GREAT, PES is BACK!!!
What an absolute mess the full game is. The scripting is like nothing I have ever experienced in ANY PES Game. You hope your own skills will shine through both Offline and Online - but no. Your own skills acquired over many years of perfecting are now deemed useless in favour of keeping the new players interested by unfairly balancing out the flow of the game using ridiculous algorithms.
Here is the comparison... I feel like Lewis Hamilton racing in a Formula 1 race but driving a Rover 45.

PES 2020 will most likely be the last year I purchase this game, unless the feedback regarding Offline game play is positive.

For now, all face builds and face packs are on hold as I can not spend time on something I don't believe in!

Face Packs can be downloaded from
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(It's a real time saver!)

Check out my YouTube account for all face builds and more...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: PES Custom Faces for face previews

Last edited by Antonyc1977; 03-01-2020 at 16:12.. Reason: title edited
Antonyc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 16:00   #2
Tigers Mad

Tigers Mad has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Tigers Mad has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Agree with you mate,
Tigers Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 16:11   #3
Antonyc1977

Antonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneAntonyc1977 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers Mad View Post
Agree with you mate,
Thanks matey. Such a damn shame!

Old 07-01-2020, 01:58   #4
dougall

dougall has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

just playing pes 2020 i was thinking it was one of the worst versions since 2014 ,your opinions are facts to me.
dougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 14:30   #5
Tigers Mad

Tigers Mad has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Tigers Mad has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

https://klashman69.blogspot.com/ Totally admit 2020 is differant to play compared to other PES's , but try Klashmans Fluid formations tactics they do make a differance, but must admit its not my favorite edition tbh one. i only play offline too
Tigers Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 22:38   #6
PESFootball

PESFootball has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

I actually like PES 2020 better than 19 and 18 but I do agree it is not the best version of all the PES series. I must admit I do prefer offline than online but I do enjoy myclub SIM matches though I just wish there was more dded here I future.
PESFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:42   #7
Antonyc1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESFootball View Post
I actually like PES 2020 better than 19 and 18 but I do agree it is not the best version of all the PES series. I must admit I do prefer offline than online but I do enjoy myclub SIM matches though I just wish there was more dded here I future.
No problem with that at all. It's probably a choice of a bad bunch. I just don't understand why the gameplay has gone backwards in the past 3 Years.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:52   #8
KimJong86

KimJong86 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.KimJong86 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Pes20 is worst in this decade. Pes 18 online beta was pure football, most of the community wants it back, but thy dont give care. Just like they remove close control from R2, just like they remove 2x L1 bicycle drible, just like they implemented "finesse dribble", who ask for that? No one!!! They dont giva a damn shit... they just want ours money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KimJong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:05   #9
slamsoze

slamsoze is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimJong86 View Post
Pes20 is worst in this decade. Pes 18 online beta was pure football, most of the community wants it back, but thy dont give care. Just like they remove close control from R2, just like they remove 2x L1 bicycle drible, just like they implemented "finesse dribble", who ask for that? No one!!! They dont giva a damn shit... they just want ours money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. PES2018 online beta had the best movement mechanics and close control mechanics ever seen in PES. Do not know, why they nerfed it so much in the final version and in the next two PESs, 2019 and 2020, they returned back to the rigid binary (walk/run) 16 directions movement.

slamsoze is offline   Reply With Quote