PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 24-10-2004, 15:58   #16
7_Ronaldo
  • XBox: Crying Angel

7_Ronaldo is an unknown

i cant remember what i did. try putting your c.d in but leave it in when you get the message. or click on the new hardware found and see what it takes you to. once you can find it, its very easy after that.

7_Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 16:07   #17
brfchanham

brfchanham is an unknown

sorted!!!! it was all to do with some file tat ws damaged and i neede to copy and paste into some other file. But anyway the software is working now but in all the bloody madness i have lost my instruction manual. so i now have no idea what im doing!!!!!!!!
brfchanham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 17:57   #18
brfchanham

brfchanham is an unknown

i tried using the guide above and got as far as ''5. "Copy" to "Max Drive F:" (should be the bottom option).'' And then i dont get it Please help me someone. Please im desperate
brfchanham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:19   #19
LiamK

LiamK has disabled reputation

Sorry to bring this back up, just found it while searching Google for max drive help.

I just got my Max drive thing today and just got it sorted, the instruction manual is a joke so I'll clarify it here for people still having problems:

If you're using Windows XP don't bother with the PC disk that comes with the Max Drive, just leave it in it's case. Just insert the Max Drive into the USB port. Wait a while and that little yellow box pops up saying 'New Hardware Found'. Quite a few of these will pop up until you see one pop up with 'Installation Complete' or something along those lines.

Then Open up My Documents and locate where abouts you've saved the .max PES4 option file (make sure it is .max, not .xps). Once located, go to desktop and open up My Computer. There should be a new drive installed, probably the E: or F: drives, this'll be called Max Drive. Open it.

Now make both windows small so they can fit on the screen together. Then in the folder where the option file is, pick up the option file and drag and drop it into the Max Drive.

Once that transfer is complete, take out the Max Drive and plug it into your PS2. Put in the PS2 disc that comes with the Max File and start it up. Once it's loaded up go to 'My Devices'. Then click on Mem Card 1, or whatever your current PES4 option is saved on and delete it. Note: You may want to make a back up copy on a different memory card first.

Once it's deleted, go back to My Devices and click on the Max Drive logo, select the 'P.E.Soccer 4 Option File'. Then select Uncrush to Mem Card 1, then once that's complete it should all be done, take out the Max Drive and the CD and put PES4 back in and restart.

Sorted?
LiamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 14:14   #20
Zygalski
Administrator
  • PSN: Zygalski

Zygalski has disabled reputation

Been using my new Max Drive today. Thanks to the 2 guides posted above, it's been very simple. Not sure how people managed to wipe their memory cards.

It is a bit of a hassle repeatedly plugging the max drive into the back of my pc though. Guess it'd be easier if I had a usb port on the front side. Seems pretty neat Not sure which is the better device to use yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The PES6 real club team names list is
Zygalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 17:41   #21
skk0208

skk0208 is an unknown

Having purchased the max drive like every other pro evo fan to get the new option file i have got an error. When i transfer it to my memory card it then load PES4 it says that there is no option file present. This is a gutter as i deleted my old option file with some editing on in order to make space for new file. When i Then browse the memory card the file comes up as corrupt,. I downloaded the version 1 and 1.2 option file, extracted it, copied it to the max drive then copied it onto my memory card. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so is there a way to resolve this. Cheers

If you need any more info just leave a message of wot u'd like to know thanks!
skk0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 19:22   #22
LiamK

LiamK has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skk0208
Having purchased the max drive like every other pro evo fan to get the new option file i have got an error. When i transfer it to my memory card it then load PES4 it says that there is no option file present. This is a gutter as i deleted my old option file with some editing on in order to make space for new file. When i Then browse the memory card the file comes up as corrupt,. I downloaded the version 1 and 1.2 option file, extracted it, copied it to the max drive then copied it onto my memory card. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so is there a way to resolve this. Cheers

If you need any more info just leave a message of wot u'd like to know thanks!
Couple of possibilities:

Make sure you're the option file you're transferring to the MAX drive is a .MAX file, not a .XPS. If it's a .XPS it's suitable for XPorts and not MAX drives. Either download the MAX drive version from the PESFan Option File thread or use the converter somewhere in the editing section.

Also, after using my MAX drive successfully with no problems quite a few times, I went to try and put some of my PES4 replays onto it just now, only for my entire memory card to be wiped. The only thing I think I did differently was maybe remove the MAX drive while I was inserting the Pro Evo 4 disc, so the green light was on. That could be the reason why so many memory cards have been wiped when using a MAX drive, but I don't know.

I've formatted the MAX drive now and put the option file back onto it, so hopefully it'll be working again if I stick to inserting it into the USB ports while the PS2 is off.
LiamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 11:22   #23
Zygalski
Administrator
  • PSN: Zygalski

Zygalski has disabled reputation

I had a few issues and made some mistakes with my new Max Drive recently. This included trying to transfer a xps file to max drive. DOH! Be sure to check the file extensions just to be safe.

If the .MAX option file you have on your pc/max drive is over 1MB in size, you can just copy it to your mem card. If it is around 500KB then you'll have to use the "Uncrush to memory card" option to transfer it correctly. Good luck.

|

The PES6 real club team names list is
Zygalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 13:42   #24
Flo

Flo is an unknown

well when i put my MD Ps2 disk into the ps2 all i hear is like the computer scratching it and it says disk read error ?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 14:08   #25
Mumpleaser
Dirty_Harris Manager

Mumpleaser has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
well when i put my MD Ps2 disk into the ps2 all i hear is like the computer scratching it and it says disk read error ?
This sounds like a media problem. Make sure the disc isn't scratched etc. You are using an original aren't you? If not, this is classes as warez and will not be discussed here.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion........

PES6 (PS2) Gamertag: Mumpleaser Group: "Dirty_Harris"
Mumpleaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 14:20   #26
Flo

Flo is an unknown

dude it is the original or at least i think i ordered off of play.com and this is what they sent me also when i look at the disk after all this scratching sounds and attempts it seems theirs quite a few lil scratches on the disk
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 16:08   #27
Mumpleaser
Dirty_Harris Manager

Mumpleaser has disabled reputation

It could be a laser problem as it sounds like your PS2 is not able to read the disc. Try cleaning the lens with a CD/DVD cleaning disc and try again. Try using a vacuum-cleaner to suck any dust out from the open disc tray and fan area.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion........

PES6 (PS2) Gamertag: Mumpleaser Group: "Dirty_Harris"
Mumpleaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2004, 14:18   #28
playazclubz

playazclubz is an unknown

I've just bought this item & it has been supplied with 2 CD-Roms, however they are both labelled "PC Software Disc" - shouldn't I have received a similar CD labelled "PS2 Software" - Can anyone clarify this, as I have bought the item as a xmas present and I don't have a PS2 to test either CD-Roms on.

Thanks
playazclubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 15:04   #29
aleximo123

aleximo123 is an unknown

hi i was wondering if any 1 could help me because i done understand how to download the latest AR MAX codelist to my MAX drive On the codejunkies web site it says there is a link in the top left hand corner of the pc software which came with it but mine doesnt seem to have that PLEASE HELP ME YOU GUYS THANX ....................
aleximo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 19:29   #30
timmytightwad

timmytightwad is an unknown

can anyone help me just bought the max drive for xbox. but when i insert it into usb port it does not come up in my computer when i click in. would be grateful for any help. there is nothing wrong with the usb because my mp3 is ok in it.
it comes up in corner hardware installed but does not come up as e: or f: as expected
timmytightwad is offline   Reply With Quote