User Tag List

Old 15-10-2009, 11:45   #16
marcgiu
  • Supports: Tottenham
  • XBox: mantgiu

marcgiu is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallpaper_01 View Post
lol whatever marcgiu ive seen u slagging pes off in other posts just go fifa website!
you obviously havent read my recent posts - I am a lot more open now to a fair debate on this but independent reviews are there to advise on the best product when there is multiple choice.

I have a lot of respect for Eurogamer and while I aknowledge its not the best written review I believe they are unbiased. They score PES 7/10 and FIFA 9/10

marcgiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 11:50   #17
wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

After yesterdays positive comments on the game then they give it 7? If they gave fifa 9 i would give the winning eleven demo 8 at least just because its better football gameplay. Then give pes 9, but what do i know i havent played it yet. FIFA has blinded people because their game was good last year and i admit it was. But i dont think 10 is that good.
wallpaper_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 11:51   #18
R9NALD9

R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red spaniard View Post
IGN score the graphics for pes 2010 7.5 yet score Fifa 10 8.5,its a good job I dont care much for reviews
for the record, animations are also accounted for under "graphics", and animation wise fifa kills pes easily.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R9NALD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 11:56   #19
marcgiu

marcgiu is an unknown

Quote:
After yesterdays positive comments on the game then they give it 7? If they gave fifa 9 i would give the winning eleven demo 8 at least just because its better football gameplay. Then give pes 9, but what do i know i havent played it yet. FIFA has blinded people because their game was good last year and i admit it was. But i dont think 10 is that good.
i agree that fifa 10 is not a big jump mate but they can't have blinded nearly all of the gaming press.
Old 15-10-2009, 11:58   #20
Red spaniard

Red spaniard is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9 View Post
for the record, animations are also accounted for under "graphics", and animation wise fifa kills pes easily.
As i said i dont care much for reviews,in all my years pes has always had a hard time with reviews and this year is no different.If the online side has been sorted then i'll be a happy chappy
Red spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 11:58   #21
wallpaper_01

Its the same with my mates fifa is better cos it was last year so it must be good... pes is shit... narrow minded. pes 1 is better than fifa 10
Old 15-10-2009, 12:02   #22
marcgiu

marcgiu is an unknown

Quote:
Its the same with my mates fifa is better cos it was last year so it must be good... pes is shit... narrow minded. pes 1 is better than fifa 10
PES 1 is ok but are you kidding me ???
Old 15-10-2009, 12:05   #23
shaun7
  • Supports: Juventus

shaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9 View Post
And pes faces kills fifas easily.
Also animations shouldn't be counted under graphics because afterall a graphic thing is not a moving object. It's something still. Though IGN counted them with graphics. I just don't see it right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shaun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 12:05   #24
wallpaper_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgiu View Post
PES 1 is ok but are you kidding me ???
Its essentially the same game engine and i personally think that fifa hasnt got an engine that is better than the pes one so no im not kidding.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:11   #25
marcgiu

marcgiu is an unknown

Quote:
Its essentially the same game engine and i personally think that fifa hasnt got an engine that is better than the pes one so no im not kidding.
I am open to debate but if you think that a ps2 game that is 10 years old is better than FIFA 10 then I am struggling to have respect for your opinion.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:30   #26
wallpaper_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgiu View Post
I am open to debate but if you think that a ps2 game that is 10 years old is better than FIFA 10 then I am struggling to have respect for your opinion.
Y? There are a lot of old games that are better than stuff that come out now. They didn't used to have realistic graphics or animations like fifa10 so they relied on gameplay. Which is what pes 1 did and that engine still stands up today becaus it's still used in pes 2010. So yeh I do think i'd play pes 1 over fifa10 because I care about gameplay an not good animations.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:39   #27
Blade1889
  • Supports: Sheffield United

Blade1889 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Blade1889 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I've now read 5 or 6 reviews and I'm a little disappointed

It sounds like the keepers are still as poor as ever and the animations have hardly improved.

Whats annoyed me even more though is the poor quaity of the reviews. I don't mean the scores or opinions, I just mean the lack of depth of the reviews. Everyone seems similar eg - they yap on about EA vs Konami for 50% of the review but say little or nothing about what the new Masters League is like or how the tactical sliders affect play?

A lot of the reviews seem to be based on the demo code rather than the full game, otherwise why wouldn't they talk about the Masters League more?

I'm gonna judge the game for myself but what I do find strange is the fact reviewers are all saying the ML is far better than Fifa's Manager Mode and yet they gave Fifa great review scores.

The ML & Manager Mode are the main single player modes and are MASSIVELY important so surely a poor single player mode should not result in a 90%+ score?

It's the equivalent of scoring an FPS 90% but saying the single player campaign is poor!! If that happened in a FPS the game would struggle to get above 80%

As I spend 90% of my PES time on Masters League I think I'll be really happy with PES 2010 Fifa 09's Manager Mode just didn't do it for me and I've heard Fifa 10's is just as bad! Bugs galore!
Blade1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 12:49   #28
twisteddeeds

twisteddeeds is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade1889 View Post
I've heard Fifa 10's is just as bad! Bugs galore!
It's true.. its messed up big time..

how many people have bought a game based on a glowing review only to be dissapointed with the final product? Personally I never buy a game on reviews as the majority of them are biased... or "paid" reviews...

I would rather go with my gut feeling on a game rather than read someone else'e opinion because when it boils down to it... if I feel I can enjoy the game more often than not I will...
twisteddeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 12:52   #29
R9NALD9

R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I don't bother with reviews either, but I still think A LOT of people are naive about PES 10. It's definately a improvement from last year, but the engine is broken..FACT.

Wasn't it this year that we were promised a complete new engine? Oh no, sorry it was last year, didn't happen, and then promised this year, didn't happen. The graphics is excellent and the gameplay has improved. But no matter how you look at it, PES10 dissapointed again.

If none of you were dissapointed with the PES 10 demo, why was there so many forum orgasms when the winning eleven demo was discovered? Seabass needs to go...FACT.

I bought fifa 10, and though it is far from perfect, it plays a damn good game of football and is a good improvement from last year. This will be the first year since iss pro evolution 2 on ps1 that I won't buy a PES game.

R9NALD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 12:52   #30
sportsvcd

sportsvcd is an unknown

Been a fan of fifa since fifa international back in 94, had all the fifa's and the same goes for the pes games, iss 64 to the current before any one calls me a fan boy whatever.

pes may look the better game gfx wise but the gameplay since they went next gen has killed the series for me, it feels very clunky, the reponse is pretty bad, the lag online is god damn awful, master league is the bee's knees (i love that mode and always will)

master leagues shits all over manager mode
sportsvcd is offline   Reply With Quote