PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 27-01-2005, 13:21   #1
lateef
Banned

lateef is an unknown

The Official Hip/Hop Thread

What do you lot think about the new T.I. song called "bring 'em out", the chorus samples jay-z voice in it.

Also i think that nelly is not a hip/hop artist i think he is a pop artist, i have never in my life liked one of nelly's songs and also he has gone too far with his last single with that country man :confused: it's a joke his making a joke of the hip/hop game I just had to get that off my chest.

lateef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 19:29   #2
bbjaylive

bbjaylive has disabled reputation

Yeh, Nelly's a joke now. Do you think Chingy is aswell?
bbjaylive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 22:07   #3
simmsm88

simmsm88 is an unknown

hip hop as a whole is in shambles and never will go back to the good days.
simmsm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 05:45   #4
Casillas
Real Madrid #1
  • XBox: Moderneboy

Casillas is an unknown

Hip-Hop is f'd up at the moment. Chingy and Nelly are not Rap artists, they only get hot beats with whack lyrics, anyone can be succesful using that formula.

The last good year of Hip Hop was 1996, then it all starting going downhill, though 2000 was before it hit rock bottom. Now all you see is teenage girls dancing to beats, and talentless artists making it. Rap is entirely commercial now.
Old 28-01-2005, 10:24   #5
Trumbot

Trumbot is an unknown

Entirely commercial NOW? It's always been that way.
Did you know that The Sugar Hill Gang, who recorded the first successfull rap record ("Rapper's Delight"), was assembled in a recording studio? They'd never played any parties, nobody had ever heard of them, but they were a hit and representing for the rest of hip-hop (who'd never heard of them). They were a BOY BAND.
Sometimes I wonder how much of it was NOT "commercial" and/or pandering to the lowest common denominator back then. Was it just because we were younger and didn't see it?
Oh well, for every Sugar Hill Gang, there's a Grandmaster Caz.

Although, I still most definitely rock the fuck out when that "hippy-to-the-hip-hip-hop" drops. Don't get it twisted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Trumbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 11:37   #6
lateef
Banned

lateef is an unknown

If you go to a proper hip/hop party, i mean 100% pure hip/hop you wouldn't be hearing no chingy, nelly, murphy lee or any of that shit.
Hip/hop need to go back to the days where it represents black people well, where it told stories and gave you information in the song that you wouldn't normaly get.
Now yeah it is all about bling bling, light skinned woman, money, cars and being gangsta. Like jay-z said it is all wwf.
Old 28-01-2005, 16:18   #7
rondroid

rondroid is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateef
If you go to a proper hip/hop party, i mean 100% pure hip/hop you wouldn't be hearing no chingy, nelly, murphy lee or any of that shit.
Hip/hop need to go back to the days where it represents black people well, where it told stories and gave you information in the song that you wouldn't normaly get.
Now yeah it is all about bling bling, light skinned woman, money, cars and being gangsta. Like jay-z said it is all wwf.
hip hop has lost its essence and is now total garbage, when i used to listen to westwppd there were a few gems (big,nas,jay,fugees) that came through, now when i listen it is utter crap, with artists who don't give a shit about music and hip hop. the reason for this i think is the fact that the music industry has taken a battering due to piracy and downloading therefore execs r less likely to take chances thus diluting hip hop music to the joke it is now
rondroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 16:27   #8
lateef
Banned

lateef is an unknown

They don't want a concious artist speeaking the truth in Hip/Hop like they do reggae music (number one black liberation music) so they just make crap radio records.

There quite some sensible artist like talib, nas, common, dead prez and a few more.

Has anybody here bought the cam'ron album "purple haze", the album is alright give it a 6/10 because the guy has only stlyle and some of the beats to the album dersevered to be given to nas where he'll rap serious on it. Sometimes when i listen to cam'ron i don't really take him serious.
Old 28-01-2005, 16:31   #9
Deray
Banned

Deray is an unknown

When all these rap artists started to make new enemies. this was a new trend which
now became common. And I think the rap artist thought now that if they have other rap enemies, they are gangsta. This influces any kind of person to listen to rap music with no meaning and the only reason they are listening to it is look and act gangsta. That is load of crap. There not even being there real selves. And this is the same with rappers.
Just get a load of poeple dancing with some randomn beats the same lyrics five times in a row and a fight happening and that is your rap video. Nelly is just pop and Chingy is a joke. And 50 pence is a cry baby. The songs he makes and all the rest of his crew always has a gunshot or glass smashing with loads of swearing which usually spoils the song.You should never get hime to do your remixs. Dont you think because of 50 cent people like him are portrayed differently
Deray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 16:41   #10
rondroid

rondroid is an unknown

Quote:
They don't want a concious artist speeaking the truth in Hip/Hop like they do reggae music (number one black liberation music) so they just make crap radio records.

There quite some sensible artist like talib, nas, common, dead prez and a few more.

Has anybody here bought the cam'ron album "purple haze", the album is alright give it a 6/10 because the guy has only stlyle and some of the beats to the album dersevered to be given to nas where he'll rap serious on it. Sometimes when i listen to cam'ron i don't really take him serious.
the only cam album i own is confessions of fire which is ok, but he is wack now , i agree reggae is free music but remember that it is becoming more commercial these days.
Old 28-01-2005, 16:43   #11
lateef
Banned

lateef is an unknown

Yeah i hear you.

Have you seen the video to T.I. new song "bring 'em out" and has game released a video?
Old 28-01-2005, 16:46   #12
rondroid

rondroid is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deray
When all these rap artists started to make new enemies. this was a new trend which
now became common. And I think the rap artist thought now that if they have other rap enemies, they are gangsta. This influces any kind of person to listen to rap music with no meaning and the only reason they are listening to it is look and act gangsta. That is load of crap. There not even being there real selves. And this is the same with rappers.
Just get a load of poeple dancing with some randomn beats the same lyrics five times in a row and a fight happening and that is your rap video. Nelly is just pop and Chingy is a joke. And 50 pence is a cry baby. The songs he makes and all the rest of his crew always has a gunshot or glass smashing with loads of swearing which usually spoils the song.You should never get hime to do your remixs. Dont you think because of 50 cent people like him are portrayed differently
I agree that 50 is week lyrically, the only reason he sells records is his imagery of the ultimate black geurilla gangster. I believe the only way to save hip hop is taking the lead of Talib Kwalli and making concious records and pushing them into the mainstream, like the fugees did a decade ago
Old 28-01-2005, 16:48   #13
rondroid

rondroid is an unknown

Quote:
Yeah i hear you.

Have you seen the video to T.I. new song "bring 'em out" and has game released a video?
nah dunn, i dont listen to commercial hip "pop" no more, i think game has released a DVD about his life on the streets, but i aint certain
Old 28-01-2005, 16:48   #14
lateef
Banned

lateef is an unknown

Yeah i agree with you too.
Over here in the UK there are a lot of underground UK Hip/Hop artist making a lot of concious records.
Old 28-01-2005, 16:53   #15
rondroid

rondroid is an unknown

Quote:
Yeah i agree with you too.
Over here in the UK there are a lot of underground UK Hip/Hop artist making a lot of concious records.
there r a few good uk artists, i listen to a couple of the underground stations in my area. i still think that the music is in its baby stage because some of it sounds a bit ammature but thats because ther isn't much support for our artists from the bigger record labels