PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 07-02-2009, 21:49   #46
fick
  • Supports: Man United / Chicago Bears
  • XBox: ficklered
  • PSN: ficklered

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Admit the Corpse have 'lightened' their mood. Their cover of Zero the Hero is still awesome though (it's on Hammer Smashed Face, or Skull... cannot remember & my vinyl is in the attic)

I've moved away slowly from my Death/Thrash roots over the last ten years. Broadened the horizons so to speak, so i'm not that up to date with the latest stuff. My ears are however always open to new experiences.

fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 22:29   #47
dotty
  • Supports: Rangers, River Plate
  • PSN: dotty_84

dotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

I was thinking about this today about how music seems so generic etc. I think it's easy to answer it's todays easy access to everything. Back in the late 80's and through the 90's bands would become a success from getting signed through a major label. Not too many independant labels. Anyway now these days bands can get an EP or LP recorded easier and cheaper and pay a lot less and more quality purely because of technology. My band just last month recorded our song through a mac, Line 6 Pod and a few drum mics we rented for the drums and that recording which took like 2 hours kicks the arse of rough demos back 20 years.

So i suppose what i'm saying is that with Myspace, Bebo, last.fm, Facebook which bands use it's so easy to get exposed play more shows, do tours without a major label backing. This also makes it better for scenes to connect for shows and bands are more out there, so it seems like all these bands are just generic but i'm sure if this was in the 80's it'd be the same thing lots more bands get noticed but a few gems always show. There are lots of good new bands out there remember with music progressing some things grow slightly more limited. It's pretty hard to make something unique. I think lots of band don't get deserved mentions but they can be really technical which is something that has lacked in the past some really good talented people out in bands these days.

And i think the standard of some genres like metal has grown heavier for instance bands like Linkin Park etc used to be the standard of big bands now you get Bring me the horizon who are a lot more heavy i think it's good, especially for acceptance of people who are 'Alternative' in todays society.

Fuck what a speel!

Anyone heard a UK band called Narcosis insane grind, heavily influenced by Napalm Death they split after their second album but just moved onto Relapse records, which was cool.
http://www.myspace.com/narcosisgrind

This band are a little like Suicide silence some cracking blasts in their tunes.
www.myspace.com/immoralityuk

Probably one of the best British bands around right now just released their 3rd album, tech metal
www.myspace.com/architectsuk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 23:27   #48
dotty

dotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Hey thought i'd post my old band which i left a few weeks ago, i recorded the bass in the two songs check them out at.. www.myspace.com/thecolourpinkisgay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 17-04-2009, 13:09   #49
I.N Extasy

I.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty_84 View Post
I was thinking about this today about how music seems so generic etc. I think it's easy to answer it's todays easy access to everything. Back in the late 80's and through the 90's bands would become a success from getting signed through a major label. Not too many independant labels. Anyway now these days bands can get an EP or LP recorded easier and cheaper and pay a lot less and more quality purely because of technology. My band just last month recorded our song through a mac, Line 6 Pod and a few drum mics we rented for the drums and that recording which took like 2 hours kicks the arse of rough demos back 20 years.

So i suppose what i'm saying is that with Myspace, Bebo, last.fm, Facebook which bands use it's so easy to get exposed play more shows, do tours without a major label backing. This also makes it better for scenes to connect for shows and bands are more out there, so it seems like all these bands are just generic but i'm sure if this was in the 80's it'd be the same thing lots more bands get noticed but a few gems always show. There are lots of good new bands out there remember with music progressing some things grow slightly more limited. It's pretty hard to make something unique. I think lots of band don't get deserved mentions but they can be really technical which is something that has lacked in the past some really good talented people out in bands these days.

And i think the standard of some genres like metal has grown heavier for instance bands like Linkin Park etc used to be the standard of big bands now you get Bring me the horizon who are a lot more heavy i think it's good, especially for acceptance of people who are 'Alternative' in todays society.

Fuck what a speel!
This is a plausible argument.

However, you just can't help but notice the bands that have less to offer.
I also find Bring Me The Horizon to be terrible. Five Finger Death Punch on the other hand...

Oh, and as far as I am concerned Metallica are a thrash act (see first post)...

Last edited by I.N Extasy; 17-04-2009 at 13:10.. Reason: .
I.N Extasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41   #50
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Didn't really know where else to put this, so I thought here would do.

Bought Trivium's 'the crusade' the other day.

Its brilliantly put together, i've listened to it about 100 times already lol Its really realy good. You can tell just by listening to them that they know their shit, some of the solo's are amazing not to mention the breakdowns and the riffs they come out with.

I definately recommend it to everyone who happens to be a metal fan.

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:48   #51
I.N Extasy

I.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale C. View Post
Didn't really know where else to put this, so I thought here would do.

Bought Trivium's 'the crusade' the other day.

Its brilliantly put together, i've listened to it about 100 times already lol Its really realy good. You can tell just by listening to them that they know their shit, some of the solo's are amazing not to mention the breakdowns and the riffs they come out with.

I definately recommend it to everyone who happens to be a metal fan.
I'll give it a try. What other metal bands do you listen to?

Also does anyone here listen to Dark Tranquility?
I.N Extasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:53   #52
Dale C.

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Not a lot if i'm honest. But I heard a lot of Triviums stuff, they've got like about 5 albums.

I'm not too in touch with the whole metal scene though. I do love this Trivium album though, you'll like it I reckon. Another thing is that it actually feels like an album, rather than a bunch of singles on one CD.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14   #53
fick

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.N Extasy View Post
Oh, and as far as I am concerned Metallica are a thrash act (see first post)...
Were a thrash band at first... now a commercial sell out.

See early Anthrax for true thrash.
fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 00:36   #54
dotty

Early Sepultura had good Thrash most albums Pre 90's is a good shot.

Old 19-05-2009, 19:40   #55
Bez

Bez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Hi all,

Metal is one of favourite music genres and since it's in the thread title, I'll post this question up.

Can anyone please type up any totally quality Metal albums that they love very much, I have Metal albums (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Savatage, Megadeth, etc.) but I'm not satisified yet with the number of top albums in my Downloads folder.

Thanks.
Old 20-05-2009, 19:51   #56
Bez

Bez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

One day on now from my question, can anyone suggest anything? Please
Old 20-05-2009, 20:01   #57
Dan
Woo Woo Woo
  • XBox: Dancbert19
  • PSN: DanCustard

Dan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Try some Rammstein and Slipknot.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 20:35   #58
Dale C.

Yeah man, Rammstein are fucking awesome

'Sonne' & 'Amerika'

Old 21-05-2009, 18:46   #59
fick

Just a few faves of mine (album/band):

Dirt - Alice in Chains
Coma of Souls - Kreator
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Speak English Or Die - SOD
Seasons in the Abyss - Slayer
Hammerheart - Bathory
Wolverine Blues - Entombed
+ any Anthrax pre '93 as Sound of White Noise on is shit.

If you like Evanesence type stuff then try Lacuna Coil, fairly samey but OK non the less. Liking Bullet for my Valentine as well at the mo

Fairly mixed & light selection based on what you already have. Will save heavier stuff for now
Old 23-05-2009, 17:56   #60
Bez

Thanks to everyone who has replied, especially fick that's quite a list. I'll have a bash on last.fm sometime and see if they have any of those you've mentioned entirely, does my head in sometimes when they only have a few full tracks in all the album =[

If anyone comes up with anything / finds a Metal album they really love, please say so in here so I can check it out, helps out everyone else too.

I'm liking Audioslave - Audioslave quite a lot, some crackers on there (Cochise, I am the Highway, Bring 'em back alive, Gasoline are great), all the album is good infact.