PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 25-06-2009, 12:55   #31
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

I'm not Fick, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufcsean View Post
The ITV chart show, you mean CD:UK??
No, it was before that. Early to late-mid 90s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."

Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 20:53   #32
Haribo
Super Moderator
  • Supports: Manchester United

Haribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Before I was 10, I was never a music lover. I rarely watched Top Of The Pops or listened to the radio, and most of what I heard came from my sister's stereo. This led to me quickly hating the likes of Boyzone and The Corrs. I didn't mind the Spice Girls or S Club 7, but this may be down to pre-anorexic Geri and Rachel Stevens. Most of the songs I enjoyed were extremely cheesy. I despised most classical music or opera.

10-12, I was into mainstrean music and listened to Chris Moyles' radio show most days. It broaden my appeal from pop to a bit of rock and rap, and despite buying a few 'NOW' albums, I still wasn't a huge music guy.

12-14, the Vice City revolution. Grew a loving of 80s music, particularly pop and new wave. My interest in modern releases died down.

14-16, broaden my taste much more. Funk and soul were high on the agenda, as was classic 60s/70s rock. A little bit of reggae was enjoyed (admittedly, only Bob Marley really) and country/disco music was listened to for the craic. The modern scene became totally dead to me with too much ear-splitting dance, awfully boring rap and talentless pop bands such as Busted and McFly dominating the charts. Before then I would listen out for the top 40, not anymore.

16+, classical musical became more of a favourite after being on the backburner. Started out with film scores from the likes of John Williams before I delved into Tchaikovsky and other pre-19th century composers. Classic rock, funk, pop, a bit of hip hop and reggae are still thoroughly enjoyed. Modern music is still largely dead but I dabble in the better bands such as Kasabian. I'm still 'discovering' some older acts that I never had time for in my youth. I've grown to adore bands like Led Zeppelin, and classic smooth singers like Bobby Darin.

In a genre summary;
pre-10: pop
10-12: pop, rap, rock
12-14: classic pop, new wave
14-16: classic pop, new wave, funk, soul, reggae, country, disco, classical rock
16+: classic pop, new wave, funk, soul, reggae, country, disco, classical rock, classical, classic hip hop, big band, big beat

Something tells me death metal and rave won't be added next time.
Haribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 05:57   #33
Foxhound

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Theres no harm in listening to the older stuff.
Exactly. I used to think old music were awful, until I heard Hey Jude by the Beatles. I was blown away.

Back then, I've always had the impression that the Beatles were only famous because Lennon died. How wrong was I.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 18:54   #34
I.N Extasy

I.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Pre-2001

I grew up listening to whatever my cousin and brother were listening to: anything from Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, The Offspring and Nirvana to Michael Jackson, Aqua, The Moffats and Backstreet Boys.

Then, when my brother went to uni, I was barely listening to music.

2001-2006

Anything that I liked in the charts, including RnB and Rap, although my personal preference was Rock. (surprise...) There were the likes of Linkin Park, The Rasmus, blink-182, Green Day, Evanescence, Avril Lavigne that I was listening to.

In mid-2007, I got hold of most, if not all, of a cousin's music library. I got into blink-182 again and other similar bands. Then there was Bon Jovi and the list could go on. To cut things short, let's just it was dominated by hard rock and power pop, with the odd track from the Marshall Mathers LP and Discovery.

I was listening to Hot Fuss by The Killers a lot and various tracks by 90s alternative rock bands. From another cousin, I got Time for Heroes: The Best Of The Libertines - that was the album that really got me into music. It was then that I started to appreciate music and wanted to find more of it.

A night in July that year, after an MSN conversation with Original?, I acquired R.E.M, Oasis, The Verve and Muse albums.

Several MSN coversations (and constantly pestering him) later...I was hooked on metal. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Savatage - hell, half of what I currently listen to was recommended by him.

Now and Beyond

Not much has changed since last year, I just feel that I've a better understanding of rock and metal music in general. Metal is my favourite genre and I am slowly getting into its many sub-genres.

Rock and Metal aside - I'm starting to enjoy house and electro. I tried listening to some Rap but was put off by the vocals of most artists. However, I like some artists, in Example: and Eminem.

Ha. Done.

I tried to keep it as simple as possible.
I.N Extasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 22:20   #35
dotty
  • Supports: Rangers, River Plate
  • PSN: dotty_84

dotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Late 80's pop music, New wave, Nu Romantic that grabbed me alot.

My mum and dad always played greatest hits of bands like...
Ultravox, Roxy Music, Alison Moyet, Bob Marley, General Reggae stuff, Communards, then mid 90's rave, dance stuff then late 90's my mate got me into Nu Metal namely, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot then he went off it but i totally got into and changed my life, i started looking into stuff on big record labels that never got much press like early Chimaira, American Head Charge...
The it grew more extreme, Norma Jean, Converge and Dillinger escape plan got me into Chaotic hardcore then i just found so many unknown unsigned bands.
Delved into some Emo, Ambient, Screamo recently getting back into my 80' stuff, Adam Ant, Ultravox, Japan, OMD really electronic new wave stuff. Also getting into Dubstep aswell.

Also progressed into Deathcore, Grindcore too.

Near 2000 totally changed my life though.

dotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07   #36
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
When growing up I never really was into music, I just liked what ever was going around, except for dance music, never have and never will enjoy it.

Then around 14, I started to get into rap and hip/hop, favourite artists were jay z, kanye west, nas etc

Soon after started to get into indie, began to love to razorlight, other favourite bands were killers, snow patrol

The indie scene kept me going for a few years with bands like arctic monkeys, kasabian

In the past 3 years (im now 19), ive really got into ray lamontagne, damien rice and new artists such as bon iver, fleet foxes, mgmt. Still am big arctic and kasabian fans, but killers and razorlight are poo. Dont listen to any rap now with the exception of matisyahu, however i can listen to early nas/kanye stuff.

Recently ive just got into older music, such as beach boys, the animals etc.
A year later, American folk/acoustic blues has practically taken over my music library with bands such as The Felice Brothers, AA Bondy, Phosphorescent and many many others. Sam Cooke has probably turned into my second favourite artist of all time, Ray LaMontagne is still number one. Other new guys to the music collection include Cat Stevens, Neil Young, Black Keys.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:25   #37
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The first song I ever remember liking was Doo Wah Diddy, this was when I was under 4 years of age, was on my dad's 50's/60's compilation cassette.

In late primary school, like many in that era, I was into crap pop music like the Spice Girls and Five. The first "band" I ever saw "live" was Five, but I mainly went because of a mate.

Between the ages of about 12-15, I went through my Oasis phase, where they were practically the only band I listened too. Also had a brief moment where I liked Eminem. I actually had one of his albums (2nd one I think, with "Stan" on it). Also liked the crap 90's/early 00's dance music like "Castle in the Sky" etc.

Since I went to college, started to vary my music taste a bit, but it was when I went to uni that the most drastic change occurred, mainly due to the people I lived with. Started to like Indie, some rock music (not the really heavy stuff), and have generally branched out a bit.

The bands I listen to now include:

The Smiths
The Courteeners
Editors
We Are Scientists
Kasabien
White Lies
Kaiser Chiefs (a little)
Oasis (still a little bit)
Temper Trap
The Beatles
The Kinks

Other stuff too, just can't remember off the top of my head.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:43   #38
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Mine has really evolved in the last year and a half to be honest since posting.

I'm now listening to the vast majority of sub-genres within rap, and no longer sneering at the more mainstream rap, but enjoying it for what it is - good music for the club. There's a time a place for all forms of music, and it's pointless to turn your nose up at more commercial music simply because it's popular, just appreciate all these forms for what they are as I say.

But my taste has evolved from simply rap music to more historical music that has ultimately had an influence on rap music, these genres being:

Funk

The George Clinton era, need I say more? P-Funk, and then the subsequent G-Funk era as a result.

Doo-Wop (I really do love this genre now)

The Platters - The Great Pretender (I love a lot of The Platters work, but this song in particular is one of my all time favourite Doo-Wop tracks).

Old School Rock n Roll

Just starting to get a little into this, the likes of Little Richard and Fats Domino etc.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43   #39
Foxhound

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Stereophonics and OAG are pretty much the bands I listen to at the moment.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:32   #40
Cali
Sin City
  • XBox: Jagger O Riley
  • PSN: JaggerORiley

Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I remember buying a Victoria Beckham CD when I was young. :faceplm:

I was brought up pretty well though, as my Dad got me into music really early. He would play the record player with classic bands such as The Specials, The Jam, The Clash, Small Faces, The Who and David Bowie, amongst many others. However then I started watching Keerang most nights when I got home from school, and I enjoyed the music of Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Linkin' Park, and Weezer. I was also a HUGE fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers as a kid, I was known for being the only fan at my school as none of them had even heard of the band, because they were all into Busted.

I then had my rap phase in early high school, listening to Nas, Tupac and Biggy quite a hell of a lot. I much prefered 90s rap though and never did follow modern rap. The funny thing is though, I never listen to any Keerang music anymore as a majority of it is terrible (Limp Bizkit, for example), I barely ever listen to rap either.

Nowadays all I ever listen to is 'older' music. I think because a lot of this music is from my childhood, it means a lot more to me than any other type of music. But i'm not fussy seeing as I listen to classic rock, blues, funk, punk, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s dance, reggae, some 90s rap and some metal. I just don't follow modern mainstream music as in my honest opinion it's rather dreadful at it's current state. I also discovered Ramones, The Smiths and Led Zeppelin in the last 5 years, and Ramones top my Last FM with over 1,400+ plays. Which is, of course, a fun fact.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 16:24   #41
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
I remember buying a Victoria Beckham CD when I was young. :faceplm:

I remember my local ice rink (where all hoodlums gathered) would play Spice Girls a lot when they were popular so looking back it seems quite ridiculous of course, but if I heard a Spice Girls song, a Five song and whatnot I'd probably know some of the lyrics, or at least the chorus as embarrassing as it is to say.
Old 09-01-2011, 16:29   #42
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

I remember my local ice rink (where all hoodlums gathered) would play Spice Girls a lot when they were popular so looking back it seems quite ridiculous of course, but if I heard a Spice Girls song, a Five song and whatnot I'd probably know some of the lyrics, or at least the chorus as embarrassing as it is to say.
Blimey, that brings back memories. Going to the ice-rink in my teens but not to skate! Just walking round and round the rink waiting to find girls to chat up or wait for them to chat you up! To think, that used to qualify as a social event on a friday night! :dundons:
Old 09-01-2011, 16:36   #43
Cali
Sin City

Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Cali has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:

Exactly. My sister was a huge Spice Girls fan and they were total mainstream. You couldn't really escape them. I was an Emma Bunton fan due to her being hot. I remember a kid at my school who had a Spice Girls packed lunch, which I used to laugh at. He denies it nowadays, though, which I don't blame him for.

Dunno what song it was from Victoria Beckham, but the song titled 'Out of your mind' rings a bell.
Old 09-01-2011, 16:47   #44
Hunter
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky Pinky View Post
Blimey, that brings back memories. Going to the ice-rink in my teens but not to skate! Just walking round and round the rink waiting to find girls to chat up or wait for them to chat you up! To think, that used to qualify as a social event on a friday night! :dundons:
Exactly. I remember skating once. I didn't fall over but I was literally just running around the ice rink thinking I could skate.

It was better to just buy a hot chocolate for 20p anyway and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali
Exactly. My sister was a huge Spice Girls fan and they were total mainstream. You couldn't really escape them. I was an Emma Bunton fan due to her being hot. I remember a kid at my school who had a Spice Girls packed lunch, which I used to laugh at. He denies it nowadays, though, which I don't blame him for.

Dunno what song it was from Victoria Beckham, but the song titled 'Out of your mind' rings a bell.
Featuring Dane Bowers I think. "You're not wasting my tiiime"

EDIT: The song isn't actually as bad as I thought it was going to be from my memory. Fair play.
Old 09-01-2011, 16:51   #45
Cali
Sin City

Quote:
Exactly. I remember skating once. I didn't fall over but I was literally just running around the ice rink thinking I could skate.

It was better to just buy a hot chocolate for 20p anyway and relax.

Featuring Dane Bowers I think. "You're not wasting my tiiime"

That's it, yeah. Blatently a classic.