PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 05-12-2012, 18:33   #61
Mjällharth
  • Supports: Arsenal and Feyenoord to name a few.

Mjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperized View Post
I generally keep an open mind. However, listening to people screaming their heads off into a mic is hardly what I would consider a pleasent listening.

There is nothing remarkable at all about heavy metal music. I am missing nothing. So to compare heavy metal to classical music or Mozart is incredulous.
I was referring to the large amount of subgenres that fit under any umbrella genre. You, however, are a retard. Go wash your hands and post hate texts about Wenger

Not to mention that you claim to "generally keep an open mind" and then follow it up with a massive generalisation.

Mjällharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 18:45   #62
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Over the past 18 months or so I've started to get back into hip-hop, alot of classic artists like Gang Starr, The Roots, Digable Planets and modern day acts like The Weeknd. Also started listening to Aaliyah, never listened to her music when she was around but she has some stellar tracks like 'I Miss You, 'Come Over', 'If You're Girl Only Knew' etc.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 20:47   #63
JohnSound

JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
The Roots, Digable Planets and modern day acts like The Weeknd.
Awesome, proper musical soulful hip-hop, that's when it's at it's best. Cee Knowledge from Digable Planets was a buddy of mine when I lived in Philadelphia.

I liked what I saw of The Weeknd on Jools Holland last weekend. Interesting atmospheres.
JohnSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 20:56   #64
Viperized
  • Supports: Arsenal

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjällharth View Post
I was referring to the large amount of subgenres that fit under any umbrella genre. You, however, are a retard. Go wash your hands and post hate texts about Wenger

Not to mention that you claim to "generally keep an open mind" and then follow it up with a massive generalisation.

Perhaps you should revisit primary school for some basic English comprehension. Key word: 'generally'. And you have the nerve to call me a retard! Idiot.
Old 05-12-2012, 21:09   #65
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSound View Post
Awesome, proper musical soulful hip-hop, that's when it's at it's best. Cee Knowledge from Digable Planets was a buddy of mine when I lived in Philadelphia.

I liked what I saw of The Weeknd on Jools Holland last weekend. Interesting atmospheres.
That's pretty cool that you were friendly with Cee. I would say that Digable Planets are probably my favourite from that era. Just love their style.

The Weeknd are just incredible, they're coming to the UK in March and I'm considering going to see them. Unfortunately they're only playing in a few of the larger cities like Manchester & London and not in Belfast, not even in Dublin. So I'll need to cross the water.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:07   #66
Mjällharth

Mjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by AliMjällharth has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:

Perhaps you should revisit primary school for some basic English comprehension. Key word: 'generally'. And you have the nerve to call me a retard! Idiot.
Lol

Well, you're correct in the sense that anything regarding metal is not one of the cases where you keep an open mind, so in that matter I'll leave it be. But still, I brought up Mozart as an example of generalisations ("Mozart and all that other classical"), which you somehow interpreted as Mozart being compared with metal. Yes, I do have the nerve to call you a retard, a cretin, a buffoon, a Ramsey of the non-footballing world et cetera.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:18   #67
Viperized

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Lol

Well, you're correct in the sense that anything regarding metal is not one of the cases where you keep an open mind, so in that matter I'll leave it be. But still, I brought up Mozart as an example of generalisations ("Mozart and all that other classical"), which you somehow interpreted as Mozart being compared with metal. Yes, I do have the nerve to call you a retard, a cretin, a buffoon, a Ramsey of the non-footballing world et cetera.
"I agree with Sweey here, generalisations such as this are morbid stuff really. It's like saying: "I hate Mozart and all that other classical shit" or the same for Louis Armstrong and jazz. Meaning, foolish."

Obviously not. You seem to be quite offended over what really should be a non-issue. And you have still continued to harp on like an inane cunt!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09   #68
Mjällharth

Quote:
"I agree with Sweey here, generalisations such as this are morbid stuff really. It's like saying: "I hate Mozart and all that other classical shit" or the same for Louis Armstrong and jazz. Meaning, foolish."

Obviously not. You seem to be quite offended over what really should be a non-issue. And you have still continued to harp on like an inane cunt!
My tone stems from me not liking you (and me strongly disliking close-mindedness, especially with regard to music). I did not, however, compare Mozart to metal.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55   #69
Viperized

Quote:
My tone stems from me not liking you (and me strongly disliking close-mindedness, especially with regard to music). I did not, however, compare Mozart to metal.
Pipe down you daft twat. I know you feel comfortable and rather brave behind that keyboard of yours, but I am certain you would lack the testicular fortitude to even utter a word to me in person.

And I'm sorry you dislike close-mindedness, especially with regard to music. Poor you. Go sit in the corner and cut yourself to allievate this misery.
Old 06-12-2012, 15:18   #70
Mjällharth

Quote:
Pipe down you daft twat. I know you feel comfortable and rather brave behind that keyboard of yours, but I am certain you would lack the testicular fortitude to even utter a word to me in person.

And I'm sorry you dislike close-mindedness, especially with regard to music. Poor you. Go sit in the corner and cut yourself to allievate this misery.
Well, you're evading the point and simply slinging profanities at me. I'm not really going to be provoked into an internet-verbal-duel by a hypochondriac who would probably faint at the sight of an used handkerchief. As for that lacking of testicular fortitude...

Old 06-12-2012, 15:38   #71
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

ok fellas, you are ruining a good thread now. lets get back to the music. I kinda liked it better when we could read about people's interest in music rather than bashing them.
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 15:39   #72
Viperized

Quote:
Well, you're evading the point and simply slinging profanities at me.
Pot, meet kettle.
Old 06-12-2012, 15:42   #73
Mjällharth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCity View Post
ok fellas, you are ruining a good thread now. lets get back to the music. I kinda liked it better when we could read about people's interest in music rather than bashing them.
Alrightie, it was getting a bit tiresome anyway.
Old 07-12-2012, 15:20   #74
JohnSound

JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
That's pretty cool that you were friendly with Cee. I would say that Digable Planets are probably my favourite from that era. Just love their style.
I was gonna PM ya Rainey to avoid going off topic but seeing the conversation that's just gone on maybe this will actually help us come back On topic!

Cee was a really cool guy, very quiet but very inspirational. Everyone seemed to understand what he wanted in the studio but you hardly heard him speak. One of the bands we were working with were called Infectious Organisms, you should hunt them down if you can. Very jazzy & emotional hip-hop, often really psychedelic too. They had a great live following and sold close to 10,000 albums independently but somehow they never got signed when far less talented people in the area did. It really opened my eyes to the hip-hop world and I guess the music industry on the whole in that the ones who are easier to market are the ones who are more likely to get help, regardless of how interesting their music is or isn't.

As for the metal discussion, it's a strange genre. In metal I come across some of the most talented and committed musicians I have ever met. Some of them make great music that is incredibly intricate & epic, which is why I think classical comparisons sometimes come in, but then some of them mask all their talent with, in my opinion, over the top distortion and often unnecessary unintelligible shouted or screamed vocals - which is baffling sometimes when they put so much effort into their lyric writing!

Each to their own!
JohnSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 18:25   #75
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
So to compare heavy metal to classical music or Mozart is incredulous.
They're far more closely linked than most other genres actually.

What you need to remember - and if you choose not to care that is of course your business - is that the metal I'm talking about and the metal you're talking about are completely different.

"Heavy metal" - a term you keep using - I do not like or have any interest in. The types of metal I do like, however, can be soundscapes without vocals (Rosetta's Sol is utterly wonderous) to things like Isis' Garden of Light (another favourite of mine) which has heavy vocals in the first 40% of the song and a gorgeous instrumental outro for the remaining 60%. The average length of metal tracks is probably in the region of 7-8 minutes. Heavy metal is on average 4-5 minutes in length with vocals consistently through the piece.

The heavy vocal style is obviously not to your taste and once upon a time I felt the same as you. Personally I feel more educated that I am able to discern between some of the different styles of it. There are some styles - where I find it needless - that I simply will not listen to. Conversely, where I believe it has a place and isn't over-the-top for the sake of it, I enjoy it on the same level that I can enjoy the vocals of traditionally great singers.

The reason I keep a note of this thread is because I wonder how I got here. From The Police and Michael Jackson to styles so far removed from those that you really wouldn't expect to find many people who listen to solo piano one minute, sludge metal the next and then 80s stuff. I've certainly not met anyone like me in that regard. When you ask people what music they're into they often say "oh a bit of everything" which lasts about 30 seconds in a conversation with me.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote