PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 27-01-2009, 12:36   #1
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Classic Wrestling Matches

My own idea.

Post Classic/Favourite matches of all-time, from any Wrestling Company.

To make this thread successful over the long run, make it 1 match per post. Here's my first:

Event: Wrestlemania VIII
Date: April 5th, 1992
Match: Intercontinental Title Match - Roddy Piper (c) vs Bret Hart

The best match from 1 of my favourite Wrestlemanias, probably because it was the first one I saw.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=6453428

Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 15:25   #2
Joel
Joined For Fun
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Event: SummerSlam
Date: August 26th, 1991
Match: Intercontinental Title Match - Mr. Perfect (c) vs Bret Hart

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=8982445
Joel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 15:35   #3
HH
  • Supports: West Ham United

HH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

On of my favourites has to be Benoit vs Jericho. They had quite a few of them, so I dont know which one it was, but it was amazing, reversal after reversal. One of the moves i'll never forget was when Benoit was going for the multiple german suplexs, he hit 2 then as the launched for the third, Jericho kinda clipped his leg rolled him and Benoit forward then got him into the Boston Crab or Walls whatever you may call it. It was almost a split second but im sure everyone in that arena saw that move and gasped.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 17:30   #4
Original?
istrator
  • PSN: DivinoCodino

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post

I'd like to say thank you, linking to that video has restored my memory of what wrestling was... that got me hook, line and sinker. Bret Hart and Curt Henning/Mr. Perfect provided a wrestling lesson that all involved with WWE should watch and remind themselves of.
Original? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 17:59   #5
BonBon
...has worn the t-shirt!
  • Supports: Man Utd
  • PSN: BonBon101

BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Not a match but a famous clip in wwf/e history!

Event: RAW
Date: June 16th, 2001
Match: Stone cold saves team wwf

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=BI8ySy3wxjM

The hairs on my neck still tingle every time i see this video!Great times!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 18:06   #6
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

A minor classic with one of my favourite endings. Shows just how great Demolition were, they almost kill Martel here. A devastating decapitation on the mat which was used to explain Martel's subsequent 8 month break:

Event: Prime Time Wrestling
Date: 11th July 1988
Match: Strike Force vs. Demolition

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MkP4q8owx1o
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 19:34   #7
Joel
Joined For Fun
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Barn, do you think Demolition surpassed the Legion of Doom?

And yes Original. Wrestling matches like that are what the true fans want to see.

This is also a reason why I loved the Intercontinental title. I think the best matches of the night, usually were for that title.
Joel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 19:36   #8
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
On of my favourites has to be Benoit vs Jericho.
Omg I was gunna say that

I used to love Chris Jericho man, I wanted him to impregnate me while doing the walls on me
Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 19:44   #9
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Barn, do you think Demolition surpassed the Legion of Doom?
Yes. To be honest I've always considered the Road Warriors a little overrated. Don't get me wrong they were awesome from 1986-1990 but it was all power and little wrestling ability. I think the LOD gimmick kind of killed them. That, and the feud we all wanted with Demolition never really got off the ground due to Ax being cancerous.

I'd easily place Demolition and the Steiners above the Road Warriors on my top tag teams list.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 27-01-2009, 19:51   #10
Original?
istrator

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Yes. To be honest I've always considered the Road Warriors a little overrated. Don't get me wrong they were awesome from 1986-1990 but it was all power and little wrestling ability. I think the LOD gimmick kind of killed them. That, and the feud we all wanted with Demolition never really got off the ground due to Ax being cancerous.

I'd easily place Demolition and the Steiners above the Road Warriors on my top tag teams list.
Just below the Hart Foundation I presume...
Old 27-01-2009, 20:11   #11
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Never really had all that much time for the Hart Foundation either. While technically very good, they were never really that hot on the tag team until they won the titles at Summerslam 1990, and less than a year later they had split. From 1986-1987 they had a great spell and along with the Bulldogs were the dominant tag team, but with Strike Force, Powers of Pain, Demolition, the Rockers, the Brainbusters, the Rougeaus and the Twin Towers emerging from mid-87 onwards they became increasingly less significant.
Old 27-01-2009, 20:20   #12
BonBon
...has worn the t-shirt!
  • PSN: BonBon101

BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Event: Wrestlemania 13
Date: March 23, 1997
Match: Submission Match: Bret Hart vs Steve Austin
http://in.truveo.com/WWE-AUSTIN-vs-B.../id/3833297165

Austin turned into a number one star after this one!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 20:44   #13
Mullet Taylor
  • Supports: Celtic & Shay Given

Mullet Taylor has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneMullet Taylor has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneMullet Taylor has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneMullet Taylor has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneMullet Taylor has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneMullet Taylor has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Event: King of the ring 1998
Date : 1998 sometime
Match: ( Entire PPV was shit hot) Undertaker Vs Mankind Hell in a Cell

My favourite PPV and Match
Mullet Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 22:38   #14
Original?
istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Never really had all that much time for the Hart Foundation either. While technically very good, they were never really that hot on the tag team until they won the titles at Summerslam 1990, and less than a year later they had split. From 1986-1987 they had a great spell and along with the Bulldogs were the dominant tag team, but with Strike Force, Powers of Pain, Demolition, the Rockers, the Brainbusters, the Rougeaus and the Twin Towers emerging from mid-87 onwards they became increasingly less significant.
No match with the Hart Foundation was ever boring which is significant but I agree they weren't truly one of the most important in tag team but I was a Bret Hart mark. You'll have to forgive me.
Old 27-01-2009, 22:56   #15
Winger

Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Winger has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Event: Wrestlemania X
Date: March 20, 1994
Match: Bret Hart vs Owen Hart

Links: PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3

I've watched this match countless times over the years. I was on the edge of my seat for every second of the bout, and was out of my seat for the finish. Fantastic!

Quote:

Excellent choice. That was an amazing match, one of my all time favorites. Curt Henning was a flawless performer. And Bret Hart was one of the main reasons I got hooked on wrestling.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote