PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 05-10-2011, 00:09   #16
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu97 View Post
it's a waste of time and removing it saves space, money and something not worth complaining about as they don't affect anything as they are nearly the same as fullbacks
As someone who regularly used wingbacks on PES2011 thats just not true. There is a difference and everything is worth complaining about in one sense or another.

Also it makes no monetary or space difference having wingbacks in the game. It may seem a pointless conversation but generally posting on a forum about a video game is too.

Personally, I'd like to see Konami reinstate it.

Sminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:39   #17
Randiesel75
  • XBox: Randiesel75

Randiesel75 is an unknown

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatasso View Post
Sminky, you are aware that you have 4 different tactics and strategies at disposal?

I use all of them, one which have my backs on the halfway line, two has the backs "normal" and the last got them completely on line with the defenders and very narrow. I am using a very defensive center midfield rather than a pure DMC, because they don't fall so deep when I am under pressure.

Safe to say that I switch strategy twice or more each half, as it also brings on a lot of unpredictable runs offensively. I mostly switch between Possession and Quick Counter, and the formations are the same, but different... if you know what I mean.
Can I assume your 2 tactics dubbed as normal are using either Possession or Counter. Then for the tactic where your backs are at midfield is another Counter setup. Last, for the backs deep in defense is also while on Possession?

Now, for the Counter and Possession, are you going with the default on these or also manually adjusting them (lines, spacing, support, etc...).
Randiesel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:53   #18
riahc3

riahc3 is as bad as a Meyyappan post

A wingback and a sideback are not the same thing at all. Wingbacks help alot more in the midfield than a sideback.

While they are at it, why dont they remove the libero position as well? Noone uses it anymore....
riahc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 16:17   #19
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
Similar systems to which I use although I never push my back line too high (fnar fnar) as I rarely have centre-backs with pace to cover the acres of space behind them. I'm slightly disappointed they removed the wingback role, outdated or not it was still a unique and nice touch by Konami but then it wouldn't be PES if they didn't needlessly remove something.
In PES12, pushing too high up even with extremely fast center backs is deadly. I rarely go above 12, and I usually stay at 10. 8 when shutting up shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75 View Post
Can I assume your 2 tactics dubbed as normal are using either Possession or Counter. Then for the tactic where your backs are at midfield is another Counter setup. Last, for the backs deep in defense is also while on Possession?

Now, for the Counter and Possession, are you going with the default on these or also manually adjusting them (lines, spacing, support, etc...).
I don't use the predefined strategies, I don't find them suiting my playstyle.
"normal" setting first, then offensive and defensive alternatives in the brackets.
Standard Tactic
Player Support 15 (+3 and -3)
Support Range 8 (+2 and +4)
Position Switch 7 (I never change it)
Attacking Style 6 (-3 and +2)
Pressing 10 (I never change it)
Defensive Line 10 (+1 or +2 and -2)
Compactness 6 (I never change it)

442 or 433
With this strategy I play a mix between counter attack, and quick passing game. Depending on the situation, and varying the 4 Presets to fit each type of attack.

That's how I go about it, and it works well for me. I average at 24-3 goals per 10 games at Top Player. 17-2 in 4 online matches so far. Although the opposition is questionable.
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 13:08   #20
Sminky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

@Sabatasso

I tried my luck with fullbacks on the half way line, actually works alot better on PES2012 than it did with PES2011. Using Bayern I played 4-5-1 but played Schweinsteiger as CMF quarterback just behind my two CB's. I played a further two CMF's much further forward meaning Schweingsteiger could dictate the pace of the game. I won 2-0 with Bayern against Rangers and Schweinsteiger was man of the match despite having no part in the goals.

Old 09-10-2011, 16:12   #21
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

That is an interesting formation, Schweinsteiger as old school libero?

Great find, Sminky!
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:37   #22
abu97
  • Location: On the forums,on the streets,in the movie hall,at the colleges...
  • Supports: Aston Villa
  • PSN: retrosword

abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

doesn't that give you a risky high defensive line
abu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:38   #23
Sminky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatasso View Post
That is an interesting formation, Schweinsteiger as old school libero?

Great find, Sminky!
He was even better in that role than Sneijder was when I used it with Inter, he was ubiquitous. Whatever team I use now I'll be using that Libero 4-5-1. Playing from the back is a lot easier with this system. I have it setup as Offensive / Down the middle attack / narrow player support / compact and tight closing down. My fulls back are forever rampaging down the flanks sending in crosses. Its better than having wingbacks dare I say it!

Quote:
doesn't that give you a risky high defensive line
I've got my defence set to standard plus Schweinsteiger is always milling around, its fairly solid. I changed the setting to high defensive line and it was a disaster. Although it looks high the settings push the defenders back when I lose possession.
Old 09-10-2011, 19:13   #24
soc160

soc160 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
thats because its not used in football anymore - it's side back know.
I mean come on- tell me a team in modern footall that uses wing back?
i'm glad they removed it as they complicated things

Wingbacks are more prevelant in football than ever now, as someone said Napoli use them, Fiorentina use them alot aswell, most top teams have their full backs operate at wingback really, like dani alaves or bastos for brazil, nonsense to remove them.
soc160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 20:34   #25
abu97

abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

they just use offensive fullbacks
Old 12-10-2011, 15:25   #26
riahc3

Quote:
they just use offensive fullbacks
Although similar, they are not the same thing.
Old 12-10-2011, 16:42   #27
abu97

yeah but they aren't gamebreakers and theres not much difference.

You know what, any of you tell me what wingbacks actually do that a sideback doesn't do?
Old 12-10-2011, 20:38   #28
riahc3

Quote:
yeah but they aren't gamebreakers and theres not much difference.

You know what, any of you tell me what wingbacks actually do that a sideback doesn't do?
They help the midfield CONSTRUCT the attack, hence why they are considered a part of the midfield. Sidebacks CONTRIBUTE to a attack.

It seems you have no idea about football do you?
Old 12-10-2011, 20:42   #29
jag021

jag021 is an unknown

Udinese are another team that use wing-backs aren't they? As well as Napoli.
jag021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 20:46   #30
James
  • Supports: Purple City

James is an unknown

This is crap. Dani Alves plays wing back at Barca.
James is offline   Reply With Quote