PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 30-06-2011, 14:28   #1
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Tour de France 2011

Time to get it going for this year.

I don't believe there is anything more relaxing than having the Tour on my TV every night. The only thing that comes close is EPL on weekend mornings; that is the one good thing about time differences between the UK and the USA - I get to wake up on a Saturday and watch a match before starting the day.

I will dispense with a pool of 6 riders asking who will win to simply pair it down to the question -

Schleck or Contador?

I can't believe they are letting Contador ride. My guess he will continue as champion but I will be pulling hard for Schleck.

Starting with a road stage this year which I am happy about.

IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 19:27   #2
Bammers05
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Eggy_Bread05

Bammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'm a big fan of the Tour de France too. Watched the team presentation today, which was pretty entertaining tbh, with the Roman theme they used. Highlights were Thor Hushovd entering dressed as a Norse God with the rest of his team bowing down to him, and one of the cameramen falling off the stage and knocking himself out.

Good to see Contador getting booed - probably the only rider in the history of cycling to fail a drugs test and not get punished for it. I can't see anyone beating him this year, but, like you, I'm rooting for Schleck. Hopefully, Wiggins can get a top 10 finish too (a podium finish is wishful thinking).

I actually would've prefered it if they'd started off with a prologue, like they normally do, as it feels like the traditional thing to start the tour off with, but, then again, we all know Cancellara would win it, so I suppose a road stage is harder to predict. There's a TTT on stage 2, so I can't complain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to muscularmatt for helping me find my sig.

Quote:
Be rich off the field and be bitch on the field
Bammers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 19:54   #3
IronCity
Banned

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Bammers - I saw your 2010 post that prompted me to start one this year. Thought you woull be a good one to join in - great to hear Contador being booed. Between the doping scandal, jumping out on Schleck last year with the pedal incident, and the poor team-manship overall he deserves it. The only noble thing he has done was not to wear the yellow for the day Rasmussen was executed by his team two years ago.
Prolouge always seemed anti-climatic to me for an opening day but I can imagine a number of people wanting the tradition (since '67 I read).

I will be travelling on saturday so will miss day one and maybe day 2 but then I can get into the swing of things.
Old 01-07-2011, 19:15   #4
Bammers05

Bammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Contador's probabaly gonna get booed throughout the whole race, and even if he wins. The same thing happened in the Giro d'Italia, although it didn't seem to have much effect on him there judging by the way he wiped the floor with everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14   #5
Bammers05

Just found this on Youtube. A good watch if you have the time:

Quote:
Old 04-07-2011, 16:51   #6
IronCity
Banned

cheers to Tyler Farrar to pull out a U.S. rider win on Independence Day. This was the first day I was in a location to watch. Equally, if not more happy, to see Thor in yellow.
Old 04-07-2011, 17:32   #7
Bammers05

What happened to Cav today?

Good win for Farrar though. The one man who can match Cavendish's top speed in the sprints imo, so it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the sprint stages pan out.

EDIT: Apparently, Hushovd and Cavendish have been disqualified from the intermediate sprint today. No idea why.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2011, 19:24   #8
IronCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammers05 View Post
What happened to Cav today?

Good win for Farrar though. The one man who can match Cavendish's top speed in the sprints imo, so it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the sprint stages pan out.

EDIT: Apparently, Hushovd and Cavendish have been disqualified from the intermediate sprint today. No idea why.
Cavendish decided to stick his head into Hushovd's back when he got passed; but I am unsure why Thor was penalized as well other than possibly his pass was considered illegal.
Old 06-07-2011, 14:56   #9
Bammers05

I wonder if Rojas will get disqualified from today's intermediate sprint for 'deviating from his lane' and blocking off Cavendish

Still think Monday's disqualification was a joke btw. That kind of thing happens in pretty much every sprint, without punishment. Indeed, in the sprint at the end of that stage, I believe Sebastian Hinault did the same thing and got away with it.

Also, it's sad to see Brajkovic go - I was looking forward to big things from him on this year's tour. I'm guessing Leipheimer will become Radioshack's team leader now.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 16:43   #10
Bammers05

Gotta love Cav - he wins and he's still pissed off

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 16:51   #11
nath_scfc
  • Supports: Stoke City & Denver Nuggets
  • XBox: NathR88

nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Looking forward to watching some of it tonight. The only reason I wasn't majorly pissed off the other day was because Farrar won, and with what happened with Wouter and how close they were, it was nice for him to be able to give a fitting tribute.
nath_scfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:11   #12
IronCity
Banned

most of the time I am only catching the night replay. Doesn't get much better than a determined Voekler leading a spirited and determined charge and Cavendish pulling out a sprint finish. Yes, the tour is here.
Old 08-07-2011, 23:36   #13
Bammers05

Wiggins

I wonder who's gonna become team sky leader now? I'm guessing one of Boasson Hagen, Thomas or Uran.

Same goes for Radioshack with Leipheimer and Horner losing so much time today, I'm guessing their leader will now be Kloden.

At least Cav won He's still pissed off though.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2011, 00:49   #14
IronCity
Banned

pretty cool that boassen hagen won thursday with his parents riding in the team car.

haven't watched yet tonight but already knew Cav won so no spoiler visiting here.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:10   #15
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Whenever I drive past cyclists in my awesome car, I shout out the window 'Get a car!'

True story.
Joel, you think you're so much better than everyone else but let's face it, you're a cunt!
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote