PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
View Poll Results: Has John Terry been stripped of the Chelsea captaincy?
Yes 2 22.22%
No 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 16-02-2005, 16:55   #61
Nick Neville

Nick Neville is an unknown

Frankly who cares. I'm really going off Chelsea now. It's all very admirable winning the league, now I want a Keegan-esque collapse.

It's like winning the master league starting with the team's normal players and 50k in the bank. On Championship manager the chelsea league position would be one long flatliner at 1st. Hopefully Mourihno will resign this season after winning the quadruple to retire to his Bond villain lair in the Algarve.

And buying himself a new coat!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nick Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 19:13   #62
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Neville
Frankly who cares. I'm really going off Chelsea now. It's all very admirable winning the league, now I want a Keegan-esque collapse.
It much more of an accomplishment for Mourhino than the players. Arguably Raneiri had a much stronger team and he failed to win a thing, so I think hats off to the man from the Iberian. But ion the other hand its like complamenting someone for winning a marathon who starts off 8 km ahead of the rest of the pack and has a scooter.

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 21:30   #63
ChelseaDave

ChelseaDave has disabled reputation

Anybody going to Stamford Bridge tomorrow?

edit: i think they are having a training session there for the fans. Forgot to mention sorry.
ChelseaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 21:31   #64
Gary G

Gary G is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaDave
Anybody going to Stamford Bridge tomorrow?
What for?

I thought they weren't playing tomorrow.

EDIT: Never mind, didn't know about the training session.

Gary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 22:11   #65
LiamK

LiamK has disabled reputation

Nope, but tickets for Palace arrived today!

Got some new ticket ordering internet system, lets you select what stand and gate you want to be in before ordering your tickets. It's a bit like the Ticketmaster system if you've ever used that.

Tickets went on sale at 7 and it was really busy and difficult to get in, but that's to be expected. But once it settled down it really is a good service. Lets you know right away whether you got your tickets, rather than waiting 2 hours for a confirmation e-mail like you did last time.
LiamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 22:17   #66
Tenacious D

Tenacious D has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamK
Nope, but tickets for Palace arrived today!

Got some new ticket ordering internet system, lets you select what stand and gate you want to be in before ordering your tickets. It's a bit like the Ticketmaster system if you've ever used that.

Tickets went on sale at 7 and it was really busy and difficult to get in, but that's to be expected. But once it settled down it really is a good service. Lets you know right away whether you got your tickets, rather than waiting 2 hours for a confirmation e-mail like you did last time.
Same dos' my dad got this letter a couple of days back actually we got two :confused:

And we'll keep the blue flag flying high,
Flying high, up in the sky,
We'll keep the blue flag flying high
From Stamford Bridge to Wemb(er)ley
Tenacious D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 15:15   #67
nacco
PES-master

nacco is an unknown

Since suffering small breaks in two bones against Blackburn, Robben has been walking with the aid of crutches. But since friday he can walk without them, so lets hope he soon will be playing for Chelsea because he is one of my favourite players (and a very important player for Chelsea)

I make it look so easy
nacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 16:00   #68
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

From www.soccernet.com:

Quote:
Shevchenko rules out Chelsea move

European Footballer of the Year Andriy Shevchenko has ruled out moving to Chelsea.

The AC Milan and Ukraine striker will return to Old Trafford, scene of his winning spot-kick in the 2003 Champions League final shoot-out, next Wednesday.

Milan face Manchester United in the last 16 of the Champions League, and while he promises to savour the occasion, Shevchenko insists his heart belongs to the Rossoneri.

He has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge recently, but stressed that he is not prepared to join Jose Mourinho's foreign legion at Stamford Bridge, even though he holds both coach and chairman Roman Abramovich in high regard.

'I really admire what Roman and boss Mourinho are doing at Chelsea,' Shevchenko told The Sun. 'It is not just because Abramovich spends money but he shows a great deal of enthusiasm for what he is doing. He is a real winner.

'But I do not want to move to English football. I do not want to leave AC Milan to join anyone else.'

Shevchenko has scored 105 Serie A goals for Milan since joining from Dynamo Kiev in 1999, together with a host of crucial strikes in Europe.

'This is my spiritual home,' he said. 'They have voted me their greatest player - I cannot leave a place like this.'

He expects the first leg of the tie against United to be a stern test of Milan's capacity to reign over Europe this year.

'I have never played against Rio Ferdinand before but I know all about him. He is a really strong defender,' Shevchenko added.

Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 16:33   #69
Tenacious D

Never new we was linked to him.

Old 19-02-2005, 17:07   #70
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Chelsea were linked with many Serie A players two seasons ago.

Players like Nedved, Trezeguet, Totti, Nesta, Davids, Thuram etc...

Shevchenko was definitely one of them, fresh from netting the Champions League winning spot-kick for AC Milan.

Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 17:11   #71
Tenacious D

Yeh Chelsea are linked with everyone ain't going to write a list...but yeh.

Old 19-02-2005, 18:04   #72
LiamK

Shevchenko scored an awesome last minute freekick against us in the USA tour pre-season to nick the game 3-2.

Cafu's opener was a peach as well, although Drogba's header was incredible as well, probably the most powerful header I've ever seen.

Speaking of lists, I wrote a list of all the players Chelsea were linked with last season in a thread called something imaginative like 'who have your club been linked with'. I'll try and find it.

Also, thinking about the Italian Serie A. Chelsea have no Italian players at all, nor have we bought anyone in the current squad from Italian sides, and we beat Lazio 2-1 and 4-0 - maybe this is representative of how the Premier League have overtaken the Serie A?

Newcastle away - anyone going? The club chartered a train to run Chelsea up there, which was nice. They took the 6,000 allocation which was a bit daft.

I mean, I'm all for Chelsea taking the big away allocations, as it gives me a chance to attend a few away games each year, but it's on a Sunday evening, it's on TV, it's all that way north, it just doesn't make sense to take the huge allocation there. Take the massive allocations on 3pm games and such, not the TV games that are about 300 miles away.

We're minus Parker, Huth and Drogba through injury, and minus John Terry through suspension (thanks to the deliberate booking) so it'll be a reserve side for Newcastle. Drogba also unlikely for Barca away, which is a massive loss.
Old 19-02-2005, 19:29   #73
Stella Artois

Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

A reserve side. HAHAHAHA

"The conclusion that worries me is that Arsenal could pick nine reserves and score six goals at Anfield. We had seven of the first team and could not win.

"There is a lesson in this for the whole of our club."

Yes. You're rubbish.
Quote:
I'm not going to mention what did Stella Artois used to tell me. I don't want to compare anyone to Stella.
Stella Artois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 19:39   #74
LiamK

Carlo

Johnno
Carvalho
Watt/Gallas/Morais
Bridge

Smertin/Tiago/Jarosik (two)
Lampard

Cole
Kezman/Eidur
Duff

Minus Lampard, Gallas, Duff and Tiago - a reserve side. Forgive me if I don't see what provoked such laughter.
Old 19-02-2005, 19:42   #75
Stella Artois

Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Yes, truly a side which could be classed as being full of reserve team players.

It's a squad game remember, of all those you have mentioned perhaps 1-2 don't get onto the Chelsea bench.

"The conclusion that worries me is that Arsenal could pick nine reserves and score six goals at Anfield. We had seven of the first team and could not win.

"There is a lesson in this for the whole of our club."

Yes. You're rubbish.
Quote:
I'm not going to mention what did Stella Artois used to tell me. I don't want to compare anyone to Stella.
Stella Artois is offline   Reply With Quote