PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 26-11-2005, 21:18   #61
Highway Penguin

Highway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Milan breaks down Lecce's once in a life time attack.

Rui passes left to Serginho, who's brought down.

Gattuso fouls...

Whoa, terrible long ball from Lecce, 40th minute.

Uh oh, Seedorf passes to Sheva Sheva takes on a few players, but ends up passing back. Lecce clears...

Rui to Serginho who crosses, beautiful cross, no one got it. Sheva and Gila both missed near post. Silly guys...

Carlo seems to be a bit frustrated.

Dangerous long ball in by Lecce, but no one picks it up. Good passing from Lecce in the last few minutes. Another cross, Dida picks it out.

Milan on the counter. Rui to Serginho on the left, who's taken down. Appears to be injured. He's up and limping though....

Maldini seems to be drifting up into the midfield a bit. Stam seems to be going up the right as well. Long ball in from Nesta. Sheva heads it to Seedorf who's shot is blocked.

Sheva in the area....great tackle from an Lecce defender...

Half time.

Highway Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 21:52   #62
Highway Penguin

Highway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Second half starts...

Lecce free kick, 37m out, after Serginho foul. Dangerous cross, but cleared.

Inzaghi starts to warm up...!! Rui wiht the counter...Sheva to Seedorf to Pirlo to Sheva, poor passes to Serginho. Maldini brillliant defending..

Rui again..blah, poor pass from Pirlo...

Serginho down the left. Ohh....Diamountene stops Serginho like a brick wall.

Lecce on the attack.. 6 milan players vs 2 lecce. Shot, just wide...

They are playing much better than the 1st half.

Stam with some good defending wins a throw in.. Lecce gets the ball and shoots from way out and it goes way wide.

Vieri warming up... Are Sheva and Gila coming off?

Gila looses the ball on the left...Lecce on the attack.

Sheva and Gila ..... Sheva does a lot of work and then his pass leaves a lot to be desired.... Too generous.

Pirlo sick through ball over the defense to Sheva, who looses the ball. Great defending fromt he Lecce defenders in their box.

Serginho shot! Deflected wide....should've had that..

Corner. Cleared from the box, cross, Milan clears. On the counter. Seedorf, draws the free kick after loosing the ball.

Just on the outside of the box...left side.

23m out...

Pirlo and Seedorf on the ball.....Pirlo...hits the wall. Poor free kick.

Long ball to Pirlo from Nesta, poor shot. "Thought he was Michel Platini for a second, but realized he wasn't." - Commentator.

Rui to Serginho on the left, who draws a foul...Serginho is down, looks bad.

Bad foul... very poor decision from the ref not to give it to Milan.

14th minute of play.

Serginho on his feet and off the field. Seems to be alright now..

Lecce on the attack. Poor pass, Pirlo picks it up, to Sheva. Foul from Konana.

Lecce attack...long ball to the left, back to the middle, over to the left, cross, blocked by Seedorf. Dida picks up the second cross.

Foul from Nesta infront of the 18. Really poor choice.

Costacurta on for Serginho. Poor lad.

18th minute.
Old 26-11-2005, 22:46   #63
Highway Penguin

Game just ended...

2-1 Milan.

Brilliant finish from Pippo.
Old 26-11-2005, 22:50   #64
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Yes, a brilliant finish from Inzaghi and it saved our skins! Can't believe how wasteful we were in the first-half! Thank God we ended up with a victory.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 23:06   #65
Highway Penguin

I agree.

Sheva and Gila had so many oppurtunities. Sheva was also very generous, giving a lot of his chances to Gila. Could have/Should have been a 4-0 game.

What do you think about the whole Cassano thing? I don't think Milan needs him one bit.
Old 27-11-2005, 03:34   #66
Highway Penguin

Match report ala FoxSports.com:

Quote:
Filippo Inzaghi scored the winner in injury time and AC Milan beat Lecce 2-1 at San Siro stadium on Saturday, barely avoiding a consecutive defeat.

Following a 3-1 upset at Fiorentina last Sunday, AC Milan's home win lifted it within two points of league leader Juventus, which is likely to pocket its 12th win in 13 matches when it hosts underdog Treviso on Sunday.

Inzaghi, a second-half substitute, was quick to deflect in a header by Andrea Pirlo, who had put the Milan side ahead with a free kick after three minutes.

As Alberto Gilardino, Andriy Shevchenko and Manuel Rui Costa squandered clear scoring chances, Lecce evened the score in the 66th when Ivory Coast forward Axel Konan beat goalkeeper Dida following a rebound.

In the closing minutes, Milan went on the attack with Marek Jankulovski and defender Alessandro Nesta nearly scoring before Inzaghi's decisive goal in the fourth minute of injury time.

"We dominated play and should have closed the match much earlier. But this is soccer, always a lot of suffering," said Inzaghi.

Milan has 31 points and Juventus 33. Third-place Fiorentina, which is at AS Roma on Sunday, has 28.

Lecce's 10th defeat of the season left it in next-to-last place in the 20-team table with 7 points.

Shevchenko, who tallied four goals in Milan's 4-0 triumph at Fenerbahce in a Champions League match last Wednesday, was less than impressive and made unusual mistakes close to the net.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani conceded that Milan slowed down after one hour of impressive play.

"We were coming off a tough match in the Champions League and our players are not robots," he said.
Old 27-11-2005, 13:06   #67
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway penguin
I agree.

Sheva and Gila had so many oppurtunities. Sheva was also very generous, giving a lot of his chances to Gila. Could have/Should have been a 4-0 game.

What do you think about the whole Cassano thing? I don't think Milan needs him one bit.
I don't think he'd fit into our system as our "wide left" player, Seedorf, needs to be able to muscle people off the ball in midfield and Cassano won't be able to do that. I do think we need to get rid of Vieri next season, and we need to think about Inzaghi. He has impressed me with his short performances since coming back from injury, but long-term I'm not too sure.

Shevchenko had a brilliant chance to drive the ball home with his left-foot midway through the second half and I was ridiculously annoyed when instead he tried to play a through ball to Gilardino.

Let's just be happy with the win though. Juventus will thump Treviso later today, so the gap will remain at five points.
Old 27-11-2005, 18:33   #68
Highway Penguin

Bobo isn't a terrible 4th striker, but Milan really do need someone a bit younger and in better form.

I can't see Cassano anywhere but Roma. His attitude and style fit them well.

Sheva was way to generous yesterday. He could have had a few more chances for himself, but gave them up for others. Hopefully he'll become greedy again.
Old 27-11-2005, 19:03   #69
Sweey
*RETIRED*

I think they try to help Gilardino to score too much. He's been on-form, ok he was having a bad night, but there was no reason for them to keep trying to play the extra pass last night just to get him in after he'd missed those three great opportunities. It's a shame Treviso couldn't hold on to thier lead at Juventus today...but I suppose nobody is surprised by Juventus winning again, especially at home to Treviso.
Old 27-11-2005, 19:52   #70
Highway Penguin

I wanted Vieri or Inzaghi in after he missed his third clear oppurtunity.

He had plenty of chances and trying to feed him goals won't help him improve.

Atleast it was 3 more points.
Old 27-11-2005, 21:46   #71
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Feeding him goals definitely won't help, especially when he misses the chances.

I want to see Pirlo's free-kick again as I didn't get a good look at any of the replays they showed.

I was also very confused by the decision to introuce Costacurta for the injured Serginho - why not Jankulovski instead of waiting until later to bring him on??

What do you make of the defenders we're linked with?

Alex (PSV), Cris (Lyon), Felipe (Udinese), Yepes (PSG)

there's one more *has a blank*

My own opinion is that Felipe has ridiculous lapses in concentration which can make him a bit of a liability on occasion. I also don't think Alex would work well in our team but I think Cris would fit in nicely.
Old 27-11-2005, 21:53   #72
Highway Penguin

I think Billy did well when asked. Maybe Carlo had decided to bring Jankulovski prior to Serginho being injured, so he didn't want to change his plans much. Never know.

I'd like to see Cris come. He's a good defender and I can see him helping Milan a lot.

Haven't seen much of Yepes or Felipe, so I can't say. I wouldn't mind Alex either, young and I'm sure with Maldini, Nesta, and Stam coaching him he'd evolve into a great defender.
I haven't read anything about the other defender.... is it Kompany? I think he's signed a new contract with Anderchelt (sp).
Old 27-11-2005, 21:57   #73
Earthworm
Banned

Earthworm is an unknown

I follow Milan out of any foreign teams, they are great to watch and have quality players for every position.
Earthworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 22:53   #74
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway penguin
I haven't read anything about the other defender.... is it Kompany? I think he's signed a new contract with Anderchelt (sp).
Definitely isn't Kompany, whom I wouldn't want anyway. As it turns out, it was Andrea Barzagli of Palermo I'd forgotten, though I've also just found out that Cristiano Zaccardo is also being linked with us.
Old 28-11-2005, 05:28   #75
Highway Penguin

Why not? I'm nuetral on the boy.

Anyways, Zaccorda seems to be decent. Gets called up to the NT and is having a good season. Not sure on his age.

What are your thoughts on Billy and Paolo retiring? Rumors are floating around that they'll stay for another season or something...