PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 19-11-2009, 16:28   #1
HypeD
  • Supports: FC Porto

HypeD is an unknown

FC Porto

how do you guys (people who are not from Portugal) see FC Porto? I mean.. we win the league almost every year.. we have 2 Champions Leagues, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 European Supercup, 2 Intercontinental Cups, and we constantly sell players to the big european clubs by huge sums of money (Deco to Barcelona, Paulo Ferreira to Chelsea, Ricardo Carvalho to Chelsea, Maniche to Dinamo Moscow, Derlei to Dinamo Moscow, Fabiano to Sevilla, Diego to Werder Bremen, Pepe to Real Madrid, Quaresma to Inter Milan, Bosingwa to Chelsea, Lucho Gonzalez to Marseille, Aly Cissokho to Lyon, Lisandro Lopez to Lyon, and some more..).

I've always been curious on how people outside of Portugal viewed us are we just lucky?

HypeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 16:33   #2
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeD View Post
I've always been curious on how people outside of Portugal viewed us are we just lucky?
I hate you.

I can go into details if you'd like?
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 16:46   #3
HypeD

HypeD is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sweey View Post
I hate you.

I can go into details if you'd like?
sure
Old 19-11-2009, 17:12   #4
Joel
Joined For Fun
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

I thank you for Mourinho, Carvalho, Ferreira, Bosingwa and the win next week
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 18:08   #5
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
sure
Don't want to get into an argument or anything so hopefully you won't react the way most Porto fans do to this:

I like Boavista so I'm not exactly going to like Porto anyway but its to do with cheating and match-fixing. Porto do that. Benfica do it too but they're not good at doing it so it has allowed Porto to enjoy more success. I don't like Sporting much either and would be more than happy to see Braga somehow claim the title even though they won't.

I do feel that in the summer of 2008 when Boavista were relegated for match-fixing that Porto fully deserved to go down with them but were saved because they're a big club and important to the country. Big they are, important they are but I see those as the ONLY reasons they didn't go down. How the investigation could find no hard evidence against PdC is beyond shocking.

Boavista were on a very slippery slope anyway due to a lack of finance and now we're absolutely woeful - 12th in II Divisão Série Norte with a game in-hand. I know Joao Loureiro clearly showed himself to be corrupt just like I'm saying PdC is and I accept that. I just don't see how Boavista could be relegated without Porto suffering the same fate.

While Joel thanks you for players Chelsea have enjoyed, I thank you for selling Quaresma to Inter

I also would like to apologise for Milan's disgusting behaviour in the Aly Cissokho deal. The blame lies at the door of Silvio Berlusconi - Galliani agreed the fee and Berlusconi decided it was too much for a left wing-back.
Old 19-11-2009, 18:41   #6
HypeD

HypeD is an unknown

FC Porto didn't suffer the same fate as Boavista simply because they were charged, and convicted, of different things. and the penalties for different charges were obviously.. different in both club's cases, according to the law, they couldn't be convicted of more than they were.
am I getting through?

this could be a huge conversation, but since I understand your point, and hopefully you understand mine, let's just leave it at that

and about Cissokho.. your lost he's currently doing great in Lyon.. and has even been called up to the French squad.. hopefully he'll be in the World Cup, but with Clichy and Evra in the squad, probably he won't.

and concerning Chelsea fans.. you guys now have Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco and Hilário, they've all been champions at FC Porto and if I add Mourinho to the list.. you gotta admit that at least 25% of the Premierships you've won is actually our merit
Old 19-11-2009, 21:21   #7
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
FC Porto didn't suffer the same fate as Boavista simply because they were charged, and convicted, of different things. and the penalties for different charges were obviously.. different in both club's cases, according to the law, they couldn't be convicted of more than they were.
am I getting through?

this could be a huge conversation, but since I understand your point, and hopefully you understand mine, let's just leave it at that

and about Cissokho.. your lost he's currently doing great in Lyon.. and has even been called up to the French squad.. hopefully he'll be in the World Cup, but with Clichy and Evra in the squad, probably he won't.

and concerning Chelsea fans.. you guys now have Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco and Hilário, they've all been champions at FC Porto and if I add Mourinho to the list.. you gotta admit that at least 25% of the Premierships you've won is actually our merit
You smile a lot

I do understand, I just believe Porto should have been convicted of things that they weren't - it isn't anything I can change, that's just a contribution to my dislike of the club.

That said, if you play an English team in Europe I'm on your side! :>
Old 19-11-2009, 22:52   #8
dotty
  • Supports: Rangers, River Plate
  • PSN: dotty_84

dotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Falcao is a cracking signing 5million euros is such a bargain, he and hulk could be deadly in the CL this year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 22:55   #9
uA - 1905

uA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Hulk is a legend.
uA - 1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 02:50   #10
HypeD

HypeD is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sweey View Post
That said, if you play an English team in Europe I'm on your side! :>
- we knocked out Man United on our way to the 2004 Champions League
- we beat Mourinho's Chelsea at home to finish second in our group in 2005, coming back from 0-1
- in the last couple of years we finished first in a Champions League group with an English team finishing second :9 first Liverpool and last year Arsenal
- and last year we gave Man United a run for their money, too bad Ronaldo hit that one from 40 yards
- hopefully this year we can, yet again, top our group, we "just" need to beat Chelsea at home by 2 goals and then we can get only one point from our visit to Madrid to play Atlético. but honestly, I don't see that happening beating Chelsea I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty View Post
Falcao is a cracking signing 5million euros is such a bargain, he and hulk could be deadly in the CL this year
he's really good, no one was expecting him to have this good a start in both FC Porto and in european football in general. south american usually need a couple of months to get used to european football. and yeah, he wasn't that expensive a couple of years ago we would have cost at least 10million. thank god for River Plate's lousy season

the thing is Lisandro Lopez was, is, and always be a legend here in Porto. we watched him grow, he came from argentina and no one knew him, and then he left as one of the top strikers in Europe today. he's gonna be hard to forget. Falcao has huge shoes to fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uA - 1905 View Post
Hulk is a legend.
dude, Hulk get's on my nerve he's got AMAZING abilities. he's got the pace, the strenght, the technique, the shot power, he's got it all. but still.. he keeps the ball way too much for himself. and he needs to start scoring when he's left with only the keeper to beat. he missed one chance like that last year in Madrid, in the last 16 of the Champions League, and again this year in Cyprus.
FC Porto performance this season will depend on how well he develops.
Old 20-11-2009, 02:58   #11
Joel
Joined For Fun
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

About you not thinking you'd beat us (Chelsea), you should be a lot more confident, because Chelsea can be God awful away in Europe at times.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 03:29   #12
HypeD

HypeD is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
About you not thinking you'd beat us (Chelsea), you should be a lot more confident, because Chelsea can be God awful away in Europe at times.
the thing is.. to beat Chelsea we need to be playing at our best and Chelsea needs to be really awful.

and in the last few games we're the ones being awful, and is Chelsea actually in very good form (i really think their gonna win the Premiership this year).

the best thing about that game is to finally see Deco coming back home since he left after winning the Champions League in 2004 he never came back, he never played against FC Porto, he never played in the Dragão Stadium as an opponent. he's gonna get a standing ovation, hands down
Old 20-11-2009, 03:30   #13
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
he's gonna get a standing ovation, hands down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 17:17   #14
dotty
  • Supports: Rangers, River Plate
  • PSN: dotty_84

dotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Falcao has big boots to fill but his goal a game ratio is fantastic, Your right about River having a shit season, he's a real class act he could be target by one of the big boys in around 2 seasons time. Also Hulk is so greedy but apart from that he is a real good talent.

dotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 16:51   #15
Haveraldo

Haveraldo has disabled reputation

I always wonder how Porto lose their best players every season (Lisandro and Lucho last summer for example) and yet they succeed in finding worthy replacements time and time again.
Falcao seems to have filled Lisandro's boots with ease!

Haveraldo is offline   Reply With Quote