-35 point deduction, 2nd half of the season 4 36.36%
-100k per week, 1st half of the season 0 0%
-250k per week, 1st half of the season 1 9.09%
-350k per week, 1st half of the season 6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2013, 18:27   #31
Bez

Bez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Same punishment I got. Give him a League 2 player for a fee.
I feel I should get this punishment, seeing as such a situation has occured before with this fella and yet there were no clear rules stated where such punishment would be changed.

With B, do I get to choose which player I change into a GK?

Bez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 18:57   #32
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
I feel I should get this punishment, seeing as such a situation has occured before with this fella and yet there were no clear rules stated where such punishment would be changed.

With B, do I get to choose which player I change into a GK?
it was discussed way before this time that a cash penalty would not be the punishment. Why would we take money off a club when money means absolutely nothing at this point?

I'm letting you go easy with the option and you think you should get neither?

yes, you can pick the player off your submitted 25

next season I am being a sminky/michu/viel homme to settle these things.
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 19:17   #33
Bez

Bez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCity View Post
it was discussed way before this time that a cash penalty would not be the punishment. Why would we take money off a club when money means absolutely nothing at this point?

I'm letting you go easy with the option and you think you should get neither?

yes, you can pick the player off your submitted 25

next season I am being a sminky/michu/viel homme to settle these things.
Ok, seems fair. Needs to be clear what's going off before we get things underway next season though - I understand that Sminky was running the league at the start, and if you were in charge from the start of this season, I've no doubt things would've gotten off to a better start.

yeah I'll go for that option then.

What now? Shall I PM you my player choice?
Old 10-02-2013, 19:40   #34
IronCity
Banned

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

you can just post the option/player here
Old 10-02-2013, 19:42   #35
Bez

Quote:
you can just post the option/player here
Option B; Jack Rodwell.
Old 10-02-2013, 20:00   #36
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Bit of a shit punishment, but the punishment rules should've been outline before the season started. I still think my idea of making one of his star players ineligible for a few weeks would've been a fair punishment. Whilst it wouldn't cripple him like a major points reduction, it is and actual PUNISHMENT, rather than losing the ability to pick Rodwell in midfield for the remainder of the season, which I'm sure Berry couldn't give a shit about, especially with the likes of Mata, Wilshere and De Guzman who are pretty much guaranteed picks every week.

Stricter punishments must be in place next season..... like major points reductions, and major budget reductions in the first window!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 20:06   #37
Bez

Agreed. I've learnt my lesson though, I really should've paid more attention on deadline day.

A lot of transfers - particularly loans - took place which had slipped under my radar somewhat. Declan Rudd to Preston until the end of the season being the crucial one.

Ah well. You live and learn.
Old 10-02-2013, 21:42   #38
IronCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_BWFC View Post
Bit of a shit punishment, but the punishment rules should've been outline before the season started. I still think my idea of making one of his star players ineligible for a few weeks would've been a fair punishment. Whilst it wouldn't cripple him like a major points reduction, it is and actual PUNISHMENT, rather than losing the ability to pick Rodwell in midfield for the remainder of the season, which I'm sure Berry couldn't give a shit about, especially with the likes of Mata, Wilshere and De Guzman who are pretty much guaranteed picks every week.

Stricter punishments must be in place next season..... like major points reductions, and major budget reductions in the first window!
I do generally agree. At the same time, I never liked the 3 keeper rule and if we harken back to the beginning of this season I was pretty vocal to the league admin that it was a bad rule. With 15 clubs, it denudes the real free agent keepers. I don't like one club having 3 starters while another barely has one. That is likely to change next season.

Personally, I would hate to give up a MF or DF right now.

I should have made an outcome to the rule at the beginning of the transfer window.

Finally, the table is so competitive I hate to see people lose points on a technicality (particularly for a third keeper). But you are right, next season more complete rules will be outlined in full.

Last edited by IronCity; 10-02-2013 at 21:49..
Old 10-02-2013, 21:54   #39
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
I do generally agree. At the same time, I never liked the 3 keeper rule and if we harken back to the beginning of this season I was pretty vocal to the league admin that it was a bad rule. With 15 clubs, it denudes the real free agent keepers. I don't like one club having 3 starters while another barely has one. That is likely to change next season.

I should have made an outcome to the rule at the beginning of the transfer window.

Finally, the table is so competitive I hate to see people lose points on a technicality (particularly for a third keeper). But you are right, next season more complete rules will be outlined in full.
Smaller squad sizes are a must for next season. Nobody wants to be forced into signing shit like Titus Bramble just to fill up the positions, so it's very likely that no-one will be in this position next season.
The punishments need to be strict though I believe, since it is a fundamental rule of the game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-02-2013, 21:56   #40
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:

I do actually remember the discussions had regarding the necessity - or rather lack of - in relation to the third keeper. I think there was a few managers expressing the same sentiments. Funnily enough, as it stands, I imagine all of my goalkeepers combined this season, have probably earned less than 15 points, maybe even 10 points. Sure, I remember missing the very first bidding window which happened to be goalkeepers, but it was difficult to come back from, and whilst I won't ever complain about it - I do agree as I say, that I think 2 goalkeepers is probably all that is needed really, especially when the number of clubs involved in the league increases.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 21:56   #41
Bez

Basing it around a 4-4-2 would work, has that been done in previous Fantasy Leagues?

2 GKs
8 DFs
8 MFs
4 STs
= 22 players altogether.
Old 10-02-2013, 23:23   #42
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Basing it around a 4-4-2 would work, has that been done in previous Fantasy Leagues?

2 GKs
8 DFs
8 MFs
4 STs
= 22 players altogether.
Seems a good. Though, 7 defenders would be enough I think and it's arguable that 7 midfielders would be enough too. But if we just knock one off each position you have:

2 GKs
7 DFs
8 MFs
4 STs
=21 players altogether.

Looks good to me.