PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 03-07-2012, 22:10   #16
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
I'd be surprised if we could get 16 players, especially 16 who'll take it seriously.
agreed; would be nice but 16 will turn into 9 before the end of the bidding. last year's bidding was a grueling fantasy game but I loved it.

edit: nifty - go back a page to read my trust in you to play and be auction manager and a proposed method.

IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 23:31   #17
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here
  • PSN: polski_sklep

Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I would love to participate. And actually properly. Thing is, once the bidding is over, I am reduced to the role of regular player with no additional responsibilities, so that isn't an issue.

Whether I do two days on, one day off, or some variant on this idea, I'm not sure.

I may just declare war on my senses and call it open season with no breaks. Strict three-day auction length (two full days after the initial first bid) with a limit on each manager's activity per calendar day.

That was working perfectly well until I disappeared last season. There will be no disappearance this season and I will maintain reliability.

But I may also take on board the proposed days-on-days-off method.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not even sound same!

Nifty1Pound50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 23:40   #18
IronCity
Banned

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty1Pound50 View Post
I would love to participate. And actually properly. Thing is, once the bidding is over, I am reduced to the role of regular player with no additional responsibilities, so that isn't an issue.

Whether I do two days on, one day off, or some variant on this idea, I'm not sure.

I may just declare war on my senses and call it open season with no breaks. Strict three-day auction length (two full days after the initial first bid) with a limit on each manager's activity per calendar day.

That was working perfectly well until I disappeared last season. There will be no disappearance this season and I will maintain reliability.

But I may also take on board the proposed days-on-days-off method.
two on, one off is the only way you can look at the sheet and not be tipped off (unless an open viewing bid for everyone
Old 05-07-2012, 12:19   #19
Appswah
  • Supports: Manchester United / New England Patriots
  • XBox: Appswah
  • PSN: Appswah

Appswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I got bored at work so I've started my team thread. Can a mod Sticky the discussions and the sign up threads please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Appswah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 18:25   #20
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

We have what I would consider a healthy amount of participants to begin bidding. Where are we at in terms of the google docs/being able to start this?
Old 05-07-2012, 18:37   #21
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
We have what I would consider a healthy amount of participants to begin bidding. Where are we at in terms of the google docs/being able to start this?
Seems a bit early. Started late July last season. Is it worth waiting a week or two to start?

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 18:53   #22
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

The season starts on 18/08/12, so I think we should start at least a month before. Maybe next weekend?

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 19:04   #23
Sminky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_BWFC View Post
Seems a bit early. Started late July last season. Is it worth waiting a week or two to start?
We've each got 25 players to buy. Seems like it would be better to get going ASAP. Also I'm changing jobs in a couple of weeks so it's going to be a bit hectic.
Old 05-07-2012, 19:08   #24
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
We've each got 25 players to buy. Seems like it would be better to get going ASAP. Also I'm changing jobs in a couple of weeks so it's going to be a bit hectic.
I'm just thinking that there's been hardly any transfers to and from the league.
As long as we don't try and rush through the bidding process, I'd be ok with starting early ish.

Old 05-07-2012, 19:09   #25
Sminky

Quote:
I'm just thinking that there's been hardly any transfers to and from the league.
As long as we don't try and rush through the bidding process, I'd be ok with starting early ish.
I also want to start earlier to give Nifty a chance keeping up to speed with everything. It's not an easy task managing the bidding.
Old 05-07-2012, 19:18   #26
Ali
It is happening again

The risk of starting too early, is that a lot of folk will spend too much money, and miss out on some of the transfers that come in later. Transfer window is open for another couple of months. Who is managing the bidding then? Is it Nifty? If so, perhaps we should leave the final decision up to him.

Old 05-07-2012, 19:23   #27
IronCity
Banned

we actually started this process in early July last year. By today's date we were already selling players back and forth to each other. Of course we stumbled a few times early however so didn't really get moving until late july
Old 05-07-2012, 19:24   #28
Sminky

Quote:
The risk of starting too early, is that a lot of folk will spend too much money, and miss out on some of the transfers that come in later. Transfer window is open for another couple of months. Who is managing the bidding then? Is it Nifty? If so, perhaps we should leave the final decision up to him.
Use some common sense my Northern acquaintance, the larger deals are generally closed around August. We can't wait until then.

We're bidding by position, we'll stagger it so Nifty hasn't got too much to plough through. With a measure approach we'll finish around early August.

In terms of budgets, you guys coped fine last season so I can't see any issue with that.
Old 05-07-2012, 19:27   #29
IronCity
Banned

i hope by position. none of this sneaking around the back door; I thought positions made it more challenging
Old 05-07-2012, 19:29   #30
Sminky

Quote:
Use some common sense my Northern acquaintance, the larger deals are generally closed around August. We can't wait until then.

We're bidding by position, we'll stagger it so Nifty hasn't got too much to plough through. With a measure approach we'll finish around early August.

In terms of budgets, you guys coped fine last season so I can't see any issue with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCity View Post
i hope by position. none of this sneaking around the back door; I thought positions made it more challenging
Aye.