PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 23-10-2006, 11:58   #1
Diao
The People's Champ
  • Supports: Liverpool FC, Alfreton Town, Perth Glory FC, Anaheim Ducks
  • PSN: Rafa2007

Diao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Formula One

Ok peeps, I've been a keen F1 supporter ever since I can remember, my fav driver is M.Schumacher, and I decided to start a thread, I'll try and update this thread daily.

Teams for 2007 Season

Ferrari
K.Räikkönen
F.Massa

McLaren
F.Alonso
P.De la Rosa*

Renault
-
G.Fisichella*

Honda
J.Button
R.Barrichello

BMW Sauber
N.Heidfeld
R.Kubica

Toyota
R.Schumacher*
J.Trulli*

Red Bull Racing
M.Webber
D.Coulthard

Williams
-
N.Rosberg*

Toro Rosso
S.Speed*
V.Luizzi*

Spyker F1 Racing
T.Monteiro*
C.Albers*

Super Aguri Racing
T.Sato
S.Yamamoto*

*Unconfirmed

Diao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 11:58   #2
Diao
The People's Champ

Diao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDiao has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaTimes
Today the sun set on the glittering career of Michael Schumacher. He is the man who cannot be matched for his skills off the track and the on the track. After 16 years and 250 starts to Formula1 races with 91 wins and 68 poles he has become the most successful driver ever. Some people would always remember him as the man who had the will to succeed even in the most gruesome conditions and some people remember him & illustrutious career as the one filled with controversies. For me I think he was a true champion who never lost his will to fight all his rivals and win the race. As many people say you can love him or hate him but you cannot ignore him.

He was the oldest driver in the circuit but his driving was always the way it had been since the day he joined Formula1 racing. In the year 2005 when Ferrari and Brigdestone were struggling only Schumacher on the Bridgestones was ahead of the rest of the bridgestone pack. Though hopeless throughout the season with the new rules in place, Michael Schumacher always gave his 100% in every race like his life depended on it. The true mark of this man is the spirit he had for every race. This professional ethics are something which every youngster watching or wanting to drive should always keep in mind. He never lashed out at his team in media nor did he blame any of his failures on the team. As many experts put it, his every race and the victory were as if he is winning it for the first time. A true mark of professionalism could be seen when he lost his mother in the same week when he was going to race in Germany. After attending the funeral, he went out and won the race and dedicated the race to his mother. Not once during the whole race did he let his emotions of his lost mother hinder. There were some instances where he was obessed with the racing to the extent that his maneuvers were considered illegal like the one he did in Monaco this year or the one where he crashed into Jacques Villeneuve to gain the championship. Sometimes his actions were questionable but if anyone has played this sport with disgrace its not him. In 2002 Rubens Barrichello was given team orders to let Michael Schumacher take the victory. Some people even to this day would argue that this action was in whole interest of Michael Schumacher but in retrospect this helped him achieve his 5th title.

There are many things that are worth mentioning like his accident in 1999 when he broke his leg at British Grand Prix. Even then he managed to recover and gain the Constructors championship for Ferrari. Many would like to argue that the fortunes of Ferrari, the team that was in utter disarray since 1979, have not changed just because of Schumacher. But looking at the team today we can say that it was only Michael who could have managed this. As many would like to put it, Michael had a team which worked for him. In every other situation, the driver is required to adjust accordingly but Michael was the king who asked his team members to get the job done. He had the troops of Ferrari at his command and at his respect. No one else in the history of racing has ever or would ever achieve this.

This year has been pretty interesting. All those who followed the championship and are not from anti-Michael camp would agree that only he could have acheived what he did. Having 25 points deficit he managed to close and even tie the points after winning the Chinese Grand Prix. As I was watching the Japanese Grand Prix till the moment when his engine blew up, I was pretty confident that Michael would be crowned his 8th and final title. But his bad luck defied him and gave Alonso the chance to retain this title. This weekend in qualifying his engine had another failure causing him to start the race from 10th position. Even then he managed to squeeze in few places before Giancarlo Fisichella hit Michael's left rear sending him into pits. When Michael restarted his race he was dead last 19th on the track and still managed to pass by 15 drivers before he ended the race on 4th position.

Today we have seen the end of era of the legend called Michael Schumacher who cant be matched by anyone else. Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen or anyone else may be good drivers but Michael is the best. I would definitely miss his driving in coming Formula1 season or may be his departure also means that my interest in this sport is over. I hope he has a fantastic life ahead of him and I hope that in near future we are lucky enough to see this man on the circuit again.
http://o3.indiatimes.com/mschumacher...3/2135074.aspx
Old 23-10-2006, 12:10   #3
The Stig
  • Supports: Liverpool
  • XBox: MikeBurrowz

The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I hate watching Formula 1 I'ts just so boring, But then again I do do Go-Karting every weekend and that's what Formula 1 drivers start off as.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:12   #4
CaptainCabinet
Trapped In Cabinets
  • Supports: Portsmouth
  • XBox: MikeTheo89

CaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Good on ya Rafa, there might already be a thread but this looks more indepth. I'm glad Alonso did enough yesterday, even with what Schumacher did for the sport I really dont like him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CaptainCabinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:12   #5
Diao
The People's Champ

Personally I think it has improved alot, the Brazilan grandprix last night was brillant.

Your right mike, Michael Schumacher started off in go-karting won the world championship for go karting in his first season I think, and look what he has achieved now. Go karting is good fun.

I see your a F1 fan CC, good on yea mate

Alonso did well, but Schmacher what a race, from last to 4th
Old 23-10-2006, 12:23   #6
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'm going to miss Schumacher a lot. There's a programme on ITV1 here in the UK at 11pm tonight (if I remember correctly) which looks back on his career.

He provided me with many moments of happiness and delight - even if I did initially hate him during his Benetton days.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:24   #7
CaptainCabinet
Trapped In Cabinets
  • Supports: Portsmouth
  • XBox: MikeTheo89

CaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeCaptainCabinet is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
I'm going to miss Schumacher a lot. There's a programme on ITV1 here in the UK at 11pm tonight (if I remember correctly) which looks back on his career.

He provided me with many moments of happiness and delight - even if I did initially hate him during his Benetton days.
Cool, thanks for the info Sweey I check that out if I remember. Like him or loathe him you can't deny what he has given to the sport.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CaptainCabinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:25   #8
Haribo
Super Moderator
  • Supports: Manchester United

Haribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rafa- View Post
Super Aguri Racing
T.Sato
S.Yamamoto*

*Unconfirmed
I've heard either Anthony Davidson or Lewis Hamilton (can't remember which) will be Sato's teammate next year.

Quote:
I'm going to miss Schumacher a lot.
Jackass.
Haribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:28   #9
Diao
The People's Champ

I've heard Hamilton will be the new McLaren driver next season, he's been faster then Kimi and De La Rosa in the tests, so there is a good chance he'll be picked

@Sweey, aye, Schumacher was great, going to be a huge loss, but hopefully there will be another driver that will match his standard sometime in the new future
Old 23-10-2006, 12:30   #10
surfgibbon

surfgibbon is an unknown

Quote:
I'm going to miss Schumacher a lot.
Totally agree mate, but the race yesterday was immense!! i was willing Button to catch and take out Alonso, for shu'ey to be let through and win!!
oh well, the respect shown to him by the other drivers (bar Fissicella) showed what hew has done for the sport.

The highlight from yesterday for me had to be.......

Steve Rider
"Kimi, you missed Micheals presentation from PELE"

Kimi Räikkönen
"I was taking a Shit!!"

me and the wife pissed ourselves

Surfgibbon©
surfgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:31   #11
Haribo
Super Moderator

Haribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgibbon View Post
Steve Rider
"Kimi, you missed Micheals presentation from PELE"

Kimi Räikkönen
"I was taking a Shit!!"
Martin Brundle
Old 23-10-2006, 12:32   #12
Diao
The People's Champ

quailty surfie

Fisichella is a dickhead, and I was with you surf, I was hoping Button smacked into Alonso wiping them out the race then Massa slowing down to let Michael win.

Fisichella is a cunt though, nearly ended Michael's race aswell
Old 23-10-2006, 12:32   #13
The Stig

The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I know this is off-topic but where is everyone getting them club logos with blue backgrounds I've seen about 5 or 6 different ones .
Old 23-10-2006, 12:34   #14
Haribo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rafa- View Post
Fisichella is a cunt though, nearly ended Michael's race aswell
Highlight of the season imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseMike14 View Post
I know this is off-topic but where is everyone getting them club logos with blue backgrounds I've seen about 5 or 6 different ones .
My Profile -> Edit Avatar
Old 23-10-2006, 12:38   #15
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribo View Post
Highlight of the season imo.

My Profile -> Edit Avatar
Didn't know they were stock avas, Thanks.