PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 10-11-2019, 02:11   #1
philips_99
  • Supports: SL Benfica, Cova da Piedade, Belenenses and underdogs around the world

philips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Kit colors look bad on PES 2020 (PS4)?

So I've recently bought PES 2020. I think the graphics look amazing, except for one thing: the kit colors. They look all too bright and saturated, specially the red and the blue (but other colors as well). Even on most licenced kits they look very bad. It's not my TV settings, it looks good on every other game, with HDR as well (even on older PES, like 2018 and 2017, which don't have HDR). It hurts my eyes. Just not to mention how much the colors are changed. Red is always too bright and sometimes it even looks like orange. Take a look at the pictures:

And that's how it look on a screenshot, believe me, it looks much worse on the TV itself.

Am I the only one? Any solutions?

And another thing: the colors when you're setting up the sponsors are misleading. For example, in the image below, I put the same background color as the "Forte de S. Francisco" sponsor, and the real thing looks very different. I am not complaining about the "real" color, at least it's not a super bright and saturated blue. I am complaining about why I can't see the right color on edit mode. Konami is making life hard for editors If they don't improve the edit mode and fix this kind of things I'll have to give up editing. It's not fun to edit when the thing you spend more time doing is fixing the colors that PES engine can't handle correctly.

Ledman Liga Pro Creation Thread (PES 2018):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

philips_99 Kits (PES 2018):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

philips_99 team exports (PES 2017):

philips_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 13:27   #2
barca4eva
  • Supports: FC Barcelona
  • PSN: barca4eva

barca4eva is an unknown

Absolutely mate, every year they Fu..k something up, one year it's the lightning on the stadiums, then kits then in-game hahah......Last year's Pes was a little off colour and very cold looking this year they over exposed colours....to make up for last Year
barca4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 13:36   #3
philips_99
  • Supports: SL Benfica, Cova da Piedade, Belenenses and underdogs around the world

philips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca4eva View Post
Absolutely mate, every year they Fu..k something up, one year it's the lightning on the stadiums, then kits then in-game hahah......Last year's Pes was a little off colour and very cold looking this year they over exposed colours....to make up for last Year
Yeah, I hate when I do a red kit and in game it turns out to be orange

They're really making life hard for editors.

I'm going to do some tests and see if I can improve my kits by decreasing saturation but there's nothing I can do to fix the in-game ones... and when you are talking about fixing the official licensed stuff you know something is wrong with the game

Old 10-11-2019, 16:30   #4
Buckshot

Buckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I put a kit that has alot of purple in it, but in PES 2020, the color is BLUE.

barca4eva, I sent you a PM.
Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 21:25   #5
slamsoze

slamsoze is an unknown

Furthermore from the above, i have also issues with the kits of my local team i created and use since pes2017. They have a light blue, but this year it looks more saturated and in stadiums that has sunlight, when my players are on sunlight their back become purple, like the sunlight is glaring purple on the kits!

slamsoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 22:10   #6
sobakus
  • Supports: River Plate
  • PSN: W11_Sobakus

sobakus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.sobakus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.sobakus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I bought a new tv with HDR last year and didn't like at all. Everything was too bright, too lit up, too glowing... I said screw it, returned it, busted out my LCD tv from 2012. It's much better especially for PES after setting up the brightness/contrast settings in the game. This PES, colors are a little off sometimes, like the reds could be pinkish somewhat, but it's generally good.

A good plasma tv would be optimal, but where to find one now is a big question. Mine broke
sobakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 00:01   #7
philips_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobakus View Post
I bought a new tv with HDR last year and didn't like at all. Everything was too bright, too lit up, too glowing... I said screw it, returned it, busted out my LCD tv from 2012. It's much better especially for PES after setting up the brightness/contrast settings in the game. This PES, colors are a little off sometimes, like the reds could be pinkish somewhat, but it's generally good.

A good plasma tv would be optimal, but where to find one now is a big question. Mine broke
I tried on two LED TV's already, one Philips TV with HDR (it's a little more than one year old) and an LG TV that doesn't have HDR (a bit older). On both TV's PES don't look very good. Initially I thought that it could be something in the image settings, so before posting this I spend an hour trying to adjust the TV settings but when I made the kits look decent the grass and the environment was really bad and every other game looked weird and too dark/without color so I gave up.

I have yet to try on my old LCD LG tv as well (it's from 2011 or so, I don't remember). It's one of the best I've ever had, but I don't think it can pull out a miracle to save the colors of this game.

I had a plasma tv before (Samsung). After 10 years of use it suddenly stopped working when I was watching TV. It was good.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:12   #8
sobakus
  • Supports: River Plate
  • PSN: W11_Sobakus

sobakus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.sobakus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.sobakus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Yeah dude, I recommend you give the LCD a try. It may make it better. I personally have never been on board with the LED

Does your plasma tv turn on? Mine would turn on and the screen was black. I asked a repair service and they said the motherboard went out, which is common for plasma and quoted me equivalent of about 350EU.
sobakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:21   #9
philips_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobakus View Post
Yeah dude, I recommend you give the LCD a try. It may make it better. I personally have never been on board with the LED

Does your plasma tv turn on? Mine would turn on and the screen was black. I asked a repair service and they said the motherboard went out, which is common for plasma and quoted me equivalent of about 350EU.
It was the same problem as yours I think, but I don't have it anymore (it broke almost two years ago btw). I got rid of it since it was too expensive to repair.

I like the LED tv, literally every other game I've played looks good on that Philips TV I mentioned... and I guess they would look even better if I had a PS4 Pro since that TV has 4k... The problem is in PES itself. But I'll give the LCD TV a try when I get the time

Old 15-11-2019, 23:24   #10
aliheidari
  • Supports: barcelona
  • PSN: aliheidari2520

aliheidari has discovered the General Forums. God help us.aliheidari has discovered the General Forums. God help us.aliheidari has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I have exact same feeling about kit colors.
I don't have HDR TV. my friend said he hasn't this problem in his Sony HDR TV ...
so I thought my TV is the problem, but by reading this thread I found out HDR is not the key !
pes 2019's brightness and contrast was better IMO

aliheidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 16:40   #11
philips_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliheidari View Post
I have exact same feeling about kit colors.
I don't have HDR TV. my friend said he hasn't this problem in his Sony HDR TV ...
so I thought my TV is the problem, but by reading this thread I found out HDR is not the key !
pes 2019's brightness and contrast was better IMO
Yeah, it's kinda weird... Without HDR everything looks bad on PES 2020, at least on my TV, everything looks dead, without color (Konami probably optimized the game to work "better" on HDR), but with HDR it's too saturated, too bright. The problem is more with the kit colors, because the environment (like the stadiums and cutscenes on ML) look incredible. I've spent more than an hour now trying to mess around the TV settings and the PS4 settings itself but there's no amount of tweaking that will save it, Konami would have to do something about it. I tried posting on twitter but got no answer.