PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 01-07-2017, 20:57   #61
rebelinho
  • Supports: FC Porto, Swansea

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

June review, totals in parenthesis

Books: 2 (6)
Films: 9 (46)
TV Shows: 0 (7)
Albums: 4 (17)
Games: 1 (3)

Most relevant - Gonna be short because I'm busy

The Lobster 8.5/10.0

One of the weirdest films I've ever seen. The acting is truly excellent, the camera work (or lack thereof) complements the boring nature of the characters and their indifference to pretty much everything. But it's good. And it's ridiculous. It's ridiculously good. The pace is slow (I like it that way) and it helps understanding what's going on, gives time to think between scenes. Léa Seydoux was supreme in her part.

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie 8.5/10.0

Like The Lobster, I was left in a mess of "what just happened" with "this was fucking incredible". It surprised me every single time. Keeps you on the edge, waiting to see what's coming next. And it delivers. And then takes away from you everything you thought you knew. Or does it? Unpredictable like no other movie. Even if you take way the satire to the bourgeoisie and extreme caution with etiquette but lack of any conscience to the rest of the world, it's a ride worth riding just for the entertainment value of not knowing anything. It's a film with no beginning and no end. What's not to like?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rebelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 15:02   #62
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Just noticed that I jumped from 13 -> 24 on my TV show list... which I've now fixed, so unless I (or someone else) has deleted 10 shows from my list for some reason, it looked like I'd watched far more shows than I actually have.

Also, with half the year gone, here are my highlights so far (ie I lazily split each list roughly in two):

Films - top 30, chronological order (aka order in which I watched them)

Cartel Land
The Martian
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Amores Perros
The Good the Bad the Weird
Senna
The Goonies
Fury
Ink
Into the Wild
As Above So Below
John Wick - aka the best film ever other than John Wick 2, Baby Driver and Get Out
Spectral
Dogville
Boyhood
Her
We're the Millers
99 Homes
Arrival
The Lobster
Heat
Doomsdays
Room
The Nice Guys
Hardcore Henry
Star Wars: Rogue One
Victoria
The Big Lebowski
JSA: Joint Security Area
The Interview

TV - top 20, chronological order

The Man in the High Castle season 2
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 1
iZombie season 1
Rick & Morty season 2
Black Sails season 1
Braindead
Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 1
A Series of Unfortunate Events season 1
Sneaky Pete season 1
Santa Clarita Diet season 1
Black Sails season 2
Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 2
Legion season 1
Inside no. 9 season 1
iZombie season 2
The Leftovers season 3
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 12
American Gods season 1
12 Monkeys season 3
Better Call Saul season 3

Games - top 10, chronological order

Virginia
Valley
Batman: Arkham Knight
Oxenfree
Gravity Rush 2
Jazzpunk
Horizon Zero Dawn
Lara Croft Go
The Turing Test
Prey

I'm half tempted to add music albums to my list too, if I can be arsed at some point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 18:51   #63
rebelinho

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

@Ali top 5 films?

Old 03-07-2017, 19:23   #64
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelinho View Post
@Ali top 5 films?
Tough to pick, but I'd probably say my favourites were (in order of when I watched them):

The Martian
Room
Arrival
Victoria
JSA

Old 03-07-2017, 19:43   #65
rebelinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Tough to pick, but I'd probably say my favourites were (in order of when I watched them):

The Martian
Room
Arrival
Victoria
JSA
Where's Jonh Wick (considering your description)?

Haven't watched a single one of those 5.

Old 03-07-2017, 21:08   #66
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Where's Jonh Wick (considering your description)?

Haven't watched a single one of those 5.
I wasn't being sincere with that description. John Wick is probably a 7/10 film for me.

Old 08-07-2017, 17:41   #67
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I was going to do a half year review, but with only five films left for me to reach 50 I thought I may as well wait it out and post after that milestone.

I've watched so many 'shit' comedy films over the last couple of weeks that I feel I owe it to my list to watch something good for number 50.

Spoiler: 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
J
John Wick - aka the best film ever other than John Wick 2, Baby Driver and Get Out

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 23:37   #68
rebelinho

Gonna watch Dunkirk tomorrow. A proper ending to the 50 (hopefully).

Old 03-08-2017, 13:46   #69
rebelinho

July review, totals in parenthesis

Books: 0 (6)
Films: 4 (50)
TV Shows: 0 (7)
Albums: 0 (17)
Games: 0 (3)

Most relevant - Only four films, but all on the good part of the spectrum.

Arrival 8.0/10

Definitely did not expect this. I was pleasantly surprised by the story, innovative and not the same old aliens-are-bad-we-have-to-save-ourselves. Acting was reasonably good (Amy Adams is okay, I guess?) but the focus of the movie definitely wasn't there, so no problem whatsoever. Must have been a good experience to watch this in the theaters.

Dog Day Afternoon 8.0/10

My first proper experience with the young Al Pacino. Opposite to Arrival, here the acting is key. And everybody delivers. Pacino, Cazale (his filmography is outstanding), the main police office, they were all on point. The story (unknown to me) is so ridiculous I thought it was a comedy at times.

The Deer Hunter 8.5/10

The best war movie ever made (correction: the best war movie I've ever seen). Two remarks though:

1. Too long. The first half of the movie is like a documentary. It is thorough like no other "mainstream" film I've seen. The wedding part could have easily been half that duration. But I guess it all adds up in the end.

2. I absolutely love the transition between normal life and the war. It's not even a slap in the face of how abrupt it is: it's a gunshot to the eyes. No better way to convey that emotion to the viewer.

Dunkirk 9.0/10 mild spoilers ahead

Spoiler: 

Old 03-08-2017, 13:55   #70
Ali
It is happening again

Are you still going to continue with your list now that you've reached 50?

Old 03-08-2017, 23:04   #71
rebelinho

I'll keep on updating as time goes on, yes.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:11   #72
rebelinho

@Ali thoughts on "How I spent my summer vacation"? I have a soft spot for this one.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:25   #73
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
@Ali thoughts on "How I spent my summer vacation"? I have a soft spot for this one.
It's an enjoyable film. Nothing spectacular, but worth a watch.

Old 11-08-2017, 14:58   #74
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Mel is superb in it, some great action.

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote