PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 18-10-2017, 19:13   #571
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'm in a real Hammer mood right now, love them.

The Evil of Frankenstein (20)

One of the better Hammer Frankenstein sequels, which surprised me as I'd heard bad things about this. It's steady rather than spectacular, but enjoyable enough. Cushing is his usual self and Peter Woodthorpe is good also. The makeup for the monster was awful however, serving to remind you just how amazing that of Boris Karloff was over 30 years before.

Phantom of the Opera (1961) (21)

A particularly lavish Hammer production, wherein the great Herbert Lom manages to perform better with merely his right eye than most actors today. The wonderful Michael Gough is great in this too, though I would have appreciated seeing him get his comeuppance as he was a right bastard. Patrick Troughton turns up briefly just to die horribly, which reminds you just how blessed with great actors these Hammer films often were.

Curse of the Werewolf (22)

A curious but original spin on the cinematic wolfman story, with a very bwoar young Oliver Reed in the titular role. The guy playing the count at the beginning was particularly good, a right cunt. I had hoped Reed would fall out of the bell tower at the end, but you can't have everything. At least the great Michael Ripper died horribly.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 18:28   #572
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Seems no one else is watching shit horror films. Sad times.

Night Creatures AKA Captain Clegg (23)

Perhaps more a historical yarn than horror but another very good Hammer film nonetheless, with a strong cast - Cushing, Oliver Reed, and the great Patrick Allen. I can't help but wonder if those interesting rotoscoped shots of the 'marsh phantoms' inspired Tombs of the Blind Dead and the animated LOTR.

Brimstone and Treacle (1977) (TV) (24)

An infamous and quite brilliant Play for Today which, criminally, was banned for a decade. Michael Kitchen is simply magnetic as the demonic intruder (the Devil himself?), but Denholm Elliott is equally good. Potter's script is wonderful; it has much more humour than I expected, and some of Elliott's lines in particular had me really laughing. A reminder, if it were needed, of the greatness the BBC was capable of many decades ago. I can't imagine how awful the 80s film version with Sting is.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 21-10-2017, 09:18   #573
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The Wailing (1)

Possibly my only entry in to this season. I've long seen the work of Na Hong-jin as some of the best to ever come out of Korea. The Chaser and Yellow Sea have always been firm favourites of mine, with the former being the one I rate higher out of the two, but this potentially tops them all. A complete shift of genre to a genuine horror/thriller, everything about the piece is just superb; the location, the cinematography, the casting, the music....I could gush all day over it.

There's also an amazing sequence about half way through where I was laughing out loud. I see many people say how this feels completely out of place in the film but I loved it, and syncs up well with its take on normal people and how they'd react.

A lengthy film but well worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 18:03   #574
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

You've got some balls entering this thread at this stage.

Vault of Horror (25)

This was much better than I remember it being. Maybe I took it too seriously last time, as this is obviously meant to be more comic than the other portmanteaus, at least in the stingers. Terry-Thomas is always a pleasure to watch (not sure why he deserved to go to Hell mind), and the last segment with Tom Baker is probably the best. Good fun.

The Demon Seed (26)

Intelligently written and well-acted thriller which was a good deal more tense and claustrophobic than I was expecting. Robert Vaughn gives real character to Proteus with some wonderful voice work. The ending is pretty fucked up too in typical 70s fashion. Very good sci-fi/horror.

You'll Like My Mother (27)

Very much a hidden gem this one. Great snowbound setting, well-performed by a small cast, atmospheric, well-shot, compelling - you couldn't really ask for much more. A very good old-fashioned Gothic tale that deserves to be better known.
Old 21-10-2017, 18:07   #575
Jonno394
XLV

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'll be posting another 2 tomorrow. One already watched, another to watch tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 21-10-2017, 18:10   #576
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Into the shit film spirit are we?
Old 21-10-2017, 22:31   #577
Jonno394
XLV

The Babysitter (2)

Somewhat enjoyable Netflix original horror. Some good gore, decent premise and a hot lesbian kiss involving Bella Thorne

Office (3)

Korean "thriller/slasher" so I'm counting it. Starts out with a decent premise but overall is Middling fare and has a completely unsatisfying conclusion.