PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 02-06-2015, 10:34   #406
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Ziss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelinho View Post
Yes, indeed you have.

Had my first listen of Reapers now as I didn't had the time/chance before. Fucking A, I just love it. The outro is my least favourite part, closely followed by the way Wolstenholme says "Drones". But the rest is really, really good sounding. Specially the 2:30 onwards part.

Oh, and the beginning is 100% Thuderstruck
Yeah, beginning ACDC and ending RATM (Freedom?)

What you think of The Handler?
Ziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00   #407
rebelinho
  • Supports: FC Porto, Swansea

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziss View Post
What you think of The Handler?
Great flow, but the first to big chunks of lyrics are a bit too slow compared to the instrumental. Nothing that relevant. The instrumental up to the solo is really good. The end reminds me a lot of the end in Dead Inside, following lyrics with a good guitar to it. In overall I'll listen to it, but Reapers still impressed me more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rebelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 22:09   #408
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Ziss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Well the album leaked tonight, obviously won't post any links.

Dead Inside - 7/10 - Not my kind of Muse track, but understand why it's on there (poppy single material)
Drill Sergeant - 2/10 - Just a skit, will likely skip every time.
Psycho - 8/10 - A 10+ year old riff from the end of Stockholm Syndrome, nice and heavy.
Mercy - 7/10 - Again radio friendly, is ok.
Reapers - 9/10 - Played it about 100 times since it dropped on Friday, can't see me growing bored of it.
The Handler - 8.5/10 - Almost as good as Reapers.
JFK - 7/10 - Another skit, but actually like how the next track quietly builds up in the background towards the end.
Defector - 8/10 - Very Queen-ish in parts, addictive riff.
Revolt - 4/10 - Can't see myself ever liking this, tbh.
Aftermath - 5/10 - Is ok. Matt's voice is good, but nothing memorable.
The Globalist - 10/10 - Could arguably be longer in the heavy-riff middle section, but I love every bit of it. Three parts to the song, essentially.
Drones - 1/10 - Basically Matt sining acapella. Can understand it forms part of the concept album, but really, really doesn't belong on an album.
Old 02-06-2015, 22:25   #409
rebelinho

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Drill Sergeant - 2/10 - Just a skit, will likely skip every time.
This raises a question, probably not suited for this thread but bear with me. Do you keep full albums (if downloaded/ripped) in your library, or delete the tracks you skip?

I listen through my laptop when I'm at home, and given my external HDD is almost always connected I store my music there and keep it stock. But when I'm on the move (train trips, over 5 hours long, at least 4 times a month) I use a tablet with the music I like the most, deleting the rest. I even have playlists with music I like (one for Muse, one for the rest, and a Top 5) and just let it play ininterruptly.

I prefer to get rid of those songs I don't like (my musical taste is as conservative and immutable as possible), and given the very rare scenario of me liking other kind of music, I enjoy the search for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2015, 22:32   #410
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Quote:
This raises a question, probably not suited for this thread but bear with me. Do you keep full albums (if downloaded/ripped) in your library, or delete the tracks you skip?

I listen through my laptop when I'm at home, and given my external HDD is almost always connected I store my music there and keep it stock. But when I'm on the move (train trips, over 5 hours long, at least 4 times a month) I use a tablet with the music I like the most, deleting the rest. I even have playlists with music I like (one for Muse, one for the rest, and a Top 5) and just let it play ininterruptly.

I prefer to get rid of those songs I don't like (my musical taste is as conservative and immutable as possible), and given the very rare scenario of me liking other kind of music, I enjoy the search for it.
I will always keep the full album, otherwise The 2nd Law would only be a few songs long

To be honest, I use Spotify most of the time nowadays. Have a Muse playlist, Grandaddy playlist, QOTSA playlist then a random one.

I find with some songs that I never really used to like, actually quite like now. I know 30 second skits can't always grow on you (this one won't) but the one going into Hysteria is actually quite nice.

EDIT: Ok, after a few listens Revolt is actually ok.
Old 02-06-2015, 22:43   #411
rebelinho

Quote:
I will always keep the full album, otherwise The 2nd Law would only be a few songs long
Truer words have never been spoken. My T2L experience lately has been a big, round, squishy zero.

Quote:
To be honest, I use Spotify most of the time nowadays.
I don't feel the need to use it, and tbh I don't even know what's the concept. I'll see what the future reserves.

Old 02-06-2015, 22:46   #412
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Quote:
Truer words have never been spoken. My T2L experience lately has been a big, round, squishy zero.
Supremacy, Panic Station and Animals are really the only ones I go back to on there. Sometimes Survival.

Quote:
I don't feel the need to use it, and tbh I don't even know what's the concept. I'll see what the future reserves.
I pay £9.99 a month for Premium, so have no limits. Basically a massive library of almost every song going, can create playlists or just listen to albums. Handy for the car and for at work.
Old 02-06-2015, 22:51   #413
rebelinho

Quote:
Supremacy, Panic Station and Animals are really the only ones I go back to on there. Sometimes Survival.
Wait, what? Those (apart from Panic, my bad) are from that album? I honestly l thought they were all singles. Survival is my no. 1 Muse song, Animals is a regular, and Supremacy as a really sick riff in the middle, so my T2L experience might not be that shallow after all.

Quote:
Handy for the car and for at work.
None of those apply to me (yet), so no need for it in my computer/etc.

Old 02-06-2015, 22:55   #414
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Quote:
Wait, what? Those (apart from Panic, my bad) are from that album? I honestly l thought they were all singles. Survival is my no. 1 Muse song, Animals is a regular, and Supremacy as a really sick riff in the middle, so my T2L experience might not be that shallow after all.
Supremacy was a song that didn't really carry the power over to the studio version. It appearted on YouTube in the tour building up to the album release, but felt a bit flat. Was a worry with Reapers but luckily that managed to equal, if not better the live performances of it.

Animals, as far as I can tell, is really the only song they've been playing at recent gigs. Says a lot, IMO.

Quote:
None of those apply to me (yet), so no need for it in my computer/etc.
No, not really. You can get it for free, but limits the number of skips per hour, and I think the number of hours you listen through it per month. At least it did a couple years ago, before I went Premium.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:48   #415
rebelinho

Wasn't Handler's video released before? Muse just posted a lyrics video for it in Youtube. This might explain why the "private" videos of this song on YT were being taken down until now.

Old 03-06-2015, 14:33   #416
rebelinho

Had to get the fucking album. I'm so so so so so addicted to this... I'm high on music

Dead Inside - 5.5/10 - Useless radio stuff. I get the points of its existence.
Drill Sergeant - 0/10 - Complete, utter distilled rubbish.
Psycho - 6/10 - Could have been great if not the "I'm gonna make you" parts. Not to my liking, but has some nice touches.
Mercy - 5.5/10 - Meh
Reapers - 9/10 - Obessing over it. That outro holds it back, but the solo around 3:30 mark... Oh my, that solo. The most similar song to Citizen to me, as it could be perfect if it wasn't the outro.
The Handler - 8.5/10 - The riff is one of the best, even better than PIB (I'm gonna compare them, this is a close battle). Really good stuff.
JFK - 1/10 - Complete, utter non-distilled rubbish. Deserves a 1 just because it has a prupose.
Defector - 1000/10 - Directly to my top 3. As it started I knew "Oh boy, this is it. This is fucking it!". Clearly Queeny, like Survival. Funny how I prefer Muse to Queen, but the songs I like the most have Queen all over them. Handler's riff is still better.
Revolt - 5.5/10 - Dead Inside part 2.
Aftermath - 5/10 - Slow, extended Mercy
The Globalist - 10/10 - The beginning promised (Hi there, Man with the Harmonica but only whistling), the rest delivered. A classic in the making, this will age quite well. Better than Citizen as it is never too slow, my main (and only) complaint with it. Good guitar and drums just before 6 min, then Matt takes it by its neck and creates a masterpiece (too short for its perfection). The third part reminded me of "I belong to you", the piano and Matt's voice... It has a great flow to it. My only complaint (which is a compliment) is that each part is so different from the others, and so good on it's own, I almost forget the previous ones.
Drones - 6/10 - Good exercise, unexpected and cool. Not a regular listen though.

About Supremacy: why do I see it as the perfect Bond song? Does it have any relation with the series?

Edit: A wrongly made comparison

Old 03-06-2015, 14:46   #417
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Quote:
Had to get the fucking album. I'm so so so so so addicted to this... I'm high on music

Dead Inside - 5.5/10 - Useless radio stuff. I get the points of its existence.
Drill Sergeant - 0/10 - Complete, utter distilled rubbish.
Psycho - 6/10 - Could have been great if not the "I'm gonna make you" parts. Not to my liking, but has some nice touches.
Mercy - 5.5/10 - Meh
Reapers - 9/10 - Obessing over it. That outro holds it back, but the solo around 3:30 mark... Oh my, that solo. The most similar song to Citizen to me, as it could be perfect if it wasn't the outro.
The Handler - 8.5/10 - The riff is one of the best, even better than PIB (I'm gonna compare them, this is a close battle). Really good stuff.
JFK - 1/10 - Complete, utter non-distilled rubbish. Deserves a 1 just because it has a prupose.
Defector - 1000/10 - Directly to my top 3. As it started I knew "Oh boy, this is it. This is fucking it!". Clearly Queeny, like Survival. Funny how I prefer Muse to Queen, but the songs I like the most have Queen all over them. Handler's riff is still better.
Revolt - 5.5/10 - Dead Inside part 2.
Aftermath - 5/10 - Slow, extended Mercy
The Globalist - 10/10 - The beginning promised (Hi there, Man with the Harmonica but only whistling), the rest delivered. A classic in the making, this will age quite well. Better than Citizen as it is never too slow, my main (and only) complaint with it. Good guitar and drums just before 6 min, then Matt takes it by its neck and creates a masterpiece (too short for its perfection). The third part reminded me of USE, the piano and Matt's voice... It has a great flow to it. My only complaint (which is a compliment) is that each part is so different from the others, and so good on it's own, I almost forget the previous ones.
Drones - 6/10 - Good exercise, unexpected and cool. Not a regular listen though.

About Supremacy: why do I see it as the perfect Bond song? Does it have any relation with the series?
It came out shortly after Adele recorded the official Bond song for Skyfall, but yeah, has a Bond-vibe.

Oh, and how dare you mark JFK 1/10! The way it quietly builds into Defector is beautiful. Reapers through to Defector is probably the best row of songs Muse have ever put out on an album, IMO.
Old 03-06-2015, 14:51   #418
rebelinho

Quote:
Oh, and how dare you mark JFK 1/10! The way it quietly builds into Defector is beautiful. Reapers through to Defector is probably the best row of songs Muse have ever put out on an album, IMO.
I just don't think it was needed. It isn't as bad as Drill Sergeant though. It gives so ambience to Defector, but I don't need it there.

Probably that 1 was a bit too harsh (it isn't a real song), but listening to it all at once I could give a... 5.5, maybe 6 (just for its surroundings)? And yes, those four make up a magnificent, non-stop musical experience.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:33   #419
rebelinho

After five days... Defector is WIA, it is too repetitive. Don't get me wrong, it's still a solid 9/10, but that "WOW" factor from the surprise attack has now vanished. On the other hand The Handler is growing on me, slowly but steadily.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:47   #420
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Got the full album today, it will probably grow on me but as a whole I think I prefer The 2nd Law over this. This album kinda feels like a collection of unused B-sides from the past 15 years.
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote