PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 02-07-2012, 18:09   #3016
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Considering the success of the Euro's (odd hiccup at the beginning) I'm happy with the scoring system I've based from the Telegraph, which is essentially the telegraph except I'll score players on where they play, as opposed to a default.

I'll adjust bookings to -1 instead of -2 as per the Euro's and red card's drop from -5 points to -3.

Deflected passes and crosses on the Telegraph strip key assists/key contributions, I did away with that for the Euro.

E.g, through ball from Bale to Van Der Vaart, Van Der Vaart crosses the ball in, its deflected, own goal results. 3 points for Bale, Key contribution, 3 points for Van Der Vaart Key Contribution. The Telegraph are somewhat restrictive in their awarding of points which I feel is unfair. So that's changed.

So in essence, the system IS the Telegraph except I've made minor tweaks addressing concerns from last season.

I have a spreadsheet in place with Macro's etc to calculate everything. I'm happy to run the show. I cannot however dedicate time to the bidding process. Should that not take off the ground I propose a part blind, part straight pick draft - as we did in the Euro's as a contingency plan.
Old 02-07-2012, 18:23   #3017
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

thanks Sminky, can be a big process computing by hand so best of luck. Glad you are stepping up.

Nifty expressed interests in the auction coordination - if he doesn't you can count me in on that as a fall back.
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 18:42   #3018
Sminky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCity View Post
thanks Sminky, can be a big process computing by hand so best of luck. Glad you are stepping up.

Nifty expressed interests in the auction coordination - if he doesn't you can count me in on that as a fall back.
It won't be, every scoring variable with be coded. I have a macro that will compile and calculate the scores and another to run the table. God bless Excel.
Old 02-07-2012, 19:28   #3019
IronCity
Banned

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
It won't be, every scoring variable with be coded. I have a macro that will compile and calculate the scores and another to run the table. God bless Excel.
of course a meme exists for that; why this one exists i have no idea

Old 02-07-2012, 20:38   #3020
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'd be happy with that scoring system, Smink. I made my reservations well known about giving -2 points for a booking, so I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways.

What was the scoring like in relation to conceding goals. I think in the Telegraph it was -1 to the keeper for every goal conceded over 2, and -1 to a defender for every goal conceded over 1... correct me if I'm wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 20:54   #3021
Sminky

It's the same for Goalkeepers and Defenders.

Old 02-07-2012, 22:07   #3022
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here
  • PSN: polski_sklep

Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I will have the A-to-Z player list available for browsing by Wednesday and the bidding system, along with the rumour mill, available by the end of the week.

I think we should start getting people signed up ASAP. Let's aim for 16 teams.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not even sound same!

Nifty1Pound50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 22:10   #3023
IronCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty1Pound50 View Post
I will have the A-to-Z player list available for browsing by Wednesday and the bidding system, along with the rumour mill, available by the end of the week.

I think we should start getting people signed up ASAP. Let's aim for 16 teams.
yeah man, lets get this doggy barking. Time for a new thread section.
Old 02-07-2012, 22:23   #3024
Sminky

I'll set about creating the threads. A member of staff should go about closing the old threads and renaming the sub section "Season 2012-13" etc.
Old 02-07-2012, 22:31   #3025
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here

Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Excellent.

I'll prepare the necessary spreadsheet, Google form and everything else.

I've got a really nifty player selection tool that I would love to implement (credit to Original? for the coding - I think that I sent it to IC a while back), too. Need to look into how I could embed it online somehow.

Also, if you wanted some form of website dedicated to this, then let me know. It would obviously need more time dedicated to it but I'm useful enough with Dreamweaver.

By the by, I am still unsure as to whether I should participate or dedicate myself entirely to helping with administrating the thing. If we do a website, I'm not sure if I'll have time to do a team as well. I quite fancy taking a role as 'the media' or something just to give this game a different spin and keep interactivity high.

Not even sound same!

Old 02-07-2012, 22:36   #3026
Sminky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty1Pound50 View Post
Excellent.

I'll prepare the necessary spreadsheet, Google form and everything else.

I've got a really nifty player selection tool that I would love to implement (credit to Original? for the coding - I think that I sent it to IC a while back), too. Need to look into how I could embed it online somehow.

Also, if you wanted some form of website dedicated to this, then let me know. It would obviously need more time dedicated to it but I'm useful enough with Dreamweaver.
A site would be handy, certainly for the bidding if it had a interactive capabilities.
Old 02-07-2012, 22:38   #3027
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
A site would be handy, certainly for the bidding if it had a interactive capabilities.
To be honest, the Google docs bidding process is manageable - although I will have a look around at auction website templates. Unlikely anything will be available for free that has the functionality to make things easier.

Not even sound same!