PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 14-09-2004, 14:03   #31
Travis Bickle
not to be taken seriously

Travis Bickle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyes9
i think it the Big Guns will dominate this year, there may b 1 outsider who goes far but i think the winner will b from..AC Milan, Juventus, Arsenal, Chelsea or Barcelona, id probably edge towards AC Milan winning it 4 the 2nd time in 3 years at the moment.
Yeah cause I'd call a team that has never been past the last 8 (Arsenal) and a team thats done bugger all in Europe (Chelsea) "the Big Guns", don't get me wrong they are good teams but they can't transfer beating Man City 5-0 at Maine Rd into appearing in a Champions League final.

Travis Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 14:08   #32
Scarface
The World Is Yours

Scarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Yeah cause I'd call a team that has never been past the last 8 (Arsenal) and a team thats done bugger all in Europe (Chelsea) "the Big Guns", don't get me wrong they are good teams but they can't transfer beating Man City 5-0 at Maine Rd into appearing in a Champions League final.
Arsenal and Chelsea are still 'Big Guns' IMO, both may have never made a massive impact but ask around Europe and Arsenal and Chelsea are 2 of the teams who ppl would say are a huge threat and 2 of Europe's top teams. Barcelona havent done much in Europe either recently does that mean they are not 1 of the big guns? Arsenal & Chelsea r 2nd & 3rd favourites 2 win the CL, so if they can't b considered 2 of the Big Guns i dont know who could be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 14:13   #33
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Who is the first favourite then?

AC Milan?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 14:19   #34
Scarface
The World Is Yours

Scarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by AliScarface has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo10™
Who is the first favourite then?

AC Milan?
Real Madrid r the bookies favourites, as per usual. Personally AC Milan r the favourites 4 me.

Old 14-09-2004, 14:22   #35
Travis Bickle

I'm just trying to stop people believing the hype. Reyes you'll thank me when all the British teams are knocked out of the Champions league in the second round, and you'll have Alan Hansen on tele telling everyone we can't hack it in Europe, then all the tabloids that have been saying Arsenal are gonna take over the World will be writing how poor the teams are !!!!

I talked too footie-mad mates last season, they were talking about what Mourinho had done at Porto and they'd go far but name me the top 3 favourites from last seasons Champions League ??
Old 14-09-2004, 14:30   #36
Scarface
The World Is Yours

Ok, your right with something's u say there, im not believing the hype concerning Arsenal being the greatest club ever & all that crap. we need 2 win the CL 1st 2 even consider ourselves a great club in Europe. Also, Chelsea won't suddenly be able 2 beat the best teams in Europe, simply bcos they have the self proclamied 'Champion of Europe' Mr Special, only 2nd to god in charge. Im not trying 2 claim these r the top 2 teams in europe or should be the CL favourites but id certainly include them as 'Big Guns' in europe, thats all i was claiming. I doubt Chelsea and Arsenal wil lboth be out by the 2nd rnd however, i think Arsenal will make it 2 at least the last 8 and chelsea probably likewise.

Old 14-09-2004, 14:34   #37
gollan

gollan has discovered the General Forums. God help us.gollan has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

To be honest after last year (CL and Euro2004) how can anyone talk about favorites?
There aren't any favorites, IMO. The 1st round is the only place where you can really talk about favorits, but once the knock out stages begin it's all one big mess. Hopefully, we won't see things that resemble last years' disgrace. I know that a Milan-Inter semi and a Milan-Juve final are a big bore, it's true. But it's a better, oh so much better piece of boredoom than watching Porto play Depor and get 1 goal in 2 matches. It's not even football for me, I'm sorry if this is offensive to some fans, but this new trend of smaller teams winning through ugly football is dangerous to the concept of the game.
Old 14-09-2004, 14:37   #38
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Agreed I hope they keep the beauty of football, playing to have fun and not just try to get one more goal than their opponents to win.

Truthfully last year's matches from the semis onwards were totally poor, especially the Porto-Depor 1 goal in 2 matches and the final was a disgust.

Maybe the only good one there was Monaco-Chelsea.

Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 14:42   #39
Travis Bickle

I would like too see an all English final, contradicting myself in that I don't think the English teams will get far, but it'd be preferable to an Italian affair.
Old 14-09-2004, 14:48   #40
gollan

gollan has discovered the General Forums. God help us.gollan has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Italian finals are the worst. Best final (for me) is naturally Juve-Arsenal, Juve-Barca or Barca-Arsenal, but that's just asking for too much, isn't it?
I'd settle for any Italian team v. Barca or Arsenal.
Or maybe Madrid v. Juve or Madrid v. Arsenal could be also good.
Old 14-09-2004, 14:50   #41
Travis Bickle

Final : Man Utd v Arsenal, you heard it here first.

(if you discard everything I said previously.)
Old 14-09-2004, 14:52   #42
gollan

^^^^^^^^^^
Travis is on PCP again. "Nothing to see, please go home folks, as you were, please".

:p
Old 14-09-2004, 18:18   #43
budikovac

budikovac is an unknown

Arsenal vs PSV 2-0 (B)
Panathinaikos vs Rosenborg 1-0
Celtic vs Barcelona 1-1
Shakhtar vs Milan 0-2
Internazionale vs Bremen 1-2
Valencia vs Anderlecht 1-0
Porto vs CSKA Moskva 2-0
PSG vs Chelsea 0-0

Matchday 1 - Wednesday, 15 September

Deportivo vs Olympiacos 1-2
Liverpool vs Monaco 1-1 (B)
Leverkusen vs Real Madrid 0-2
Roma vs Dynamo Kyiv 2-0
Ajax vs Juventus 0-1
M. Tel-Aviv vs Bayern 0-2
Fenerbahçe vs Sparta 2-0
Lyon vs Man. United 2-1
Old 14-09-2004, 18:44   #44
Paul B

Paul B has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

One hour to get your predictions in people.

Predictions recorded from:
gedo
50!
gollan
Reyes9
Gary G
LiamK
wr50l
Paul B
Fraz Maitland
Nturtle
SmAaTtAtN
budikovac
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 18:56   #45
RAISH
  • XBox: Raish

RAISH has disabled reputation

Arsenal vs PSV 1-0
Panathinaikos vs Rosenborg 2-1
Celtic vs Barcelona 1-1
Shakhtar vs Milan 0-2
Internazionale vs Bremen 1-2
Valencia vs Anderlecht 3-1
Porto vs CSKA Moskva 2-0
PSG vs Chelsea 0-2

RAISH is offline   Reply With Quote