PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 15-09-2011, 14:17   #61
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I was thinking about posting both Frontiers & Cemetery Man, but wasn't sure they complied with the Underrated, Little Seen or Rarely Trumpeted Horror Films quota.
Well considering no-one in the last watched film barring myself has posted frontiers or discussed it i felt it is rarely trumpeted as well as little seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentZero View Post
doing ye olde Aussie plug but The Tunnel was fairly good IMO, shaky/found footage genre.
Get the fuck out of this thread

Biggest pile of wank I have watched in a long time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 15:31   #62
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Jonno's right, The Tunnel sucked dick.

Dragonfly I think Cemetery Man is at least little seen in relative terms, if not underrated.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 19:09   #63
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I think Cemetery Man is the only film you've suggested so far that I've seen.
Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 19:20   #64
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

There you go. Just because me, you and Dragonfly have seen it doesn't mean other fuckers have.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 15-09-2011, 20:44   #65
Phatmann
HGW XX/7

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Storm Warning (2007)

Cast

Nadia Farès, Robert Taylor, David Lyons

Plot (No Spoilers)

A yuppie couple lost in a thick brush filled marsh seek refuge at an isolated farmhouse only to discover they've jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

Thoughts

A very underrated Australian horror movie that I enjoyed a lot more than I should have. It has a rather formulaic plot as you can see by what I've posted above but what makes it great are the characters, which is often the case in horror movies. Another example of how Australian horror has been on good form in the last decade.

DVD/Bluray Availability

Available from Optimum in the UK on DVD and bluray. The bluray is usually about £5 or 6 so is worth a look in my opinion.

Similar watching

Deliverance, The Last House on the Left, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and plenty more.
Old 15-09-2011, 20:54   #66
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

SW has been on my radar for a while, may ick it up before Halloween.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 21:37   #67
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

The Burrowers (2008)

Cast

Clancy Brown, William Mapother, Doug Hutchison

Plot (No Spoilers)

In the Wild West a rescue party sets out to find a family of settlers that has vanished from their home under mysterious circumstances.

Thoughts

Historical horrors always interest me, but are unfortunately few and far between. This however is a fantastic little horror-western which flew under the radar on its initial release. The cast is great, as are the subterranean creatures of the title, and at times it can get rather tense and scary. The abrupt ending is somewhat jarring at first but the message is all too clear and accurate to anyone with even the slightest degree of historical knowledge.

DVD Availability

R2 DVD or German Blu-ray.

Similar watching

Tremors Film and TV Series, Ravenous

Trailer

Old 16-09-2011, 21:20   #68
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Eaten Alive (AKA Death Trap 1977)

Cast

Neville Brand, Marilyn Burns, Mel Ferrer, Robert Englund, Stuart Whitman

Plot (No Spoilers)

A psychotic redneck who owns a dilapidated hotel in the backwater swamps of Louisiana kills various people who upset him or his business, and he feeds their bodies to a large crocodile that he keeps as a pet in the swamp beside his hotel.

Thoughts

A rather unheralded Tobe Hooper effort sandwiched between TCM and Salem's Lot, but deserving of more praise. Neville Brand is terrific as the crazed war veteran now running a backwoods motel where he kills certain unsuspecting guests before feeding them to his pet crocodile. It sounds mad and fucking is, a great slice of the macabre. The fact that it was quite obviously filmed in a studio (even the outdoor scenes) adds to the general atmosphere and claustrophobic nature of the piece, with some great use of artificial light and mist. A curiosity that is well worth seeing.

DVD Availability

R1 Special Edition

Similar watching

TCM 1 and 2, Motel Hell, The Devil's Rejects

Trailer

Old 18-09-2011, 23:51   #69
Phatmann
HGW XX/7

Night of the Demons (1988)

Cast

Cathy Podewell, Alvin Alexis, Allison Barron, Billy Gallo

Plot (No Spoilers)

On the night of Halloween, 10 teens decide to go to a party at an abandoned funeral parlor. "Hull House", rumored to be built on an evil patch of land & underground stream, is the place.

Thoughts

Straight away I enjoyed this movie as it starts with a fantastic intro which reminded me of the interval parts of Creepshow. The acting is dreadful and the dialogue is cheesy but the music, make-up/effects and camerawork are all rather impressived for a movie which appears to be quite low budget. In addition to this, it also has several darkly humourous moments along with a few references to other horror movies.

DVD Availability

The R1 Anchor Bay release is probably the best version out there as the UK release appears to be cut by 4 seconds and doesn't have any extras.

Similar Watching

The Evil Dead, Halloween Resurrection, Boo, Session 9, there's also a remake of Night of the Demons that was out in 2010.
Old 19-09-2011, 20:55   #70
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981)

Cast

Larry Drake, Charles Durning

Plot (No Spoilers)

In a small town, a wrongfully killed man exacts revenge on those who murdered him beyond the grave.

Thoughts

Another very good US TV movie of some repute, Dark Night of the Scarecrow is low on gore but highly atmospheric and rather chilling in places. Undoubtedly the best horror scarecrow movie out there, even though the competition isn't exactly stellar. Also doubles as something of a revenge movie, as we root for the wronged Bubba to avenge himself and do away the cunts who heinously murdered him.

DVD Availability

R1 Special Edition DVD and region-free US Blu-ray.

Similar watching

Scarecrows, Husk, Jeepers Creepers, anything with Scarecrows, including that wank Supernatural episode with the pagan Nordic ritual shit.

Trailer

Old 21-09-2011, 00:38   #71
Phatmann
HGW XX/7

I'm sure Barn is itching to post more so I'll oblige with another entry so it doesn't seem like he is the only one contributing.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Cast

Vincent Price, Elisha Cook Jr., Carol Ohmart, Richard Long, Alan Marshal

Plot (No Spoilers)

Eccentric millionaire Fredrick Loren and his 4th wife, Annabelle, have invited 5 people to the house on Haunted Hill for a "haunted House" party. Whoever will stay in the house for one night will earn ten thousand dollars each.

Thoughts

A classic in the haunted house style of horror movie with a great central performance from Vincent Price as well as good support from the rest of the cast. It's also at times darkly humorous especially in one particular sequence.

DVD Availability

The R1 American releases are better as they have extras whereas the UK release doesn't.

Similar Watching

The Haunting, Clue, there's also a remake that was released in 1999.
Old 21-09-2011, 00:45   #72
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatmann View Post
The Haunting, Clue, there's also a remake that was released in 1999.
Oh yes. T'was daft. Geoffrey Rush was decent in it though.
Old 21-09-2011, 11:27   #73
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I've decided to start adding trailers (I'll go back and do the rest). Primarily to give people a better taste of the film, but also because old 70s and 80s trailers are great.

Intruder (1989)

Cast

Sam and Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell (for about 30 seconds)

Plot (No Spoilers)

The ex-boyfriend of a check-out girl at a supermarket returns at closing time to make trouble. They quarrel and the boyfriend is ejected from the store. After they lock the building up to take inventory, the employees start dying off, and the survivors must eventually find a way to escape with their lives.

Thoughts

Essentially this is the last great hurrah of the slasher genre prior to Scream, and what a fitting end it is. It doesn't take itself too seriously and at times feels almost like a parody of the genre, but the deaths are simply fantastic, some of the best gore effects you're likely to see. Plus you get Sam Raimi in a rather meaty role, and to be quite honest he isn't bad at all. But don't get into this thinking Bruce Campbell is the star - think Maniac Cop 2 and you'll be mildly close.

DVD Availability

Synapse R1 DVD and Region-A locked Blu-ray.

Similar watching

The great 80s slashers - The Prowler, My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.

Trailer

Old 22-09-2011, 11:16   #74
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Feast Trilogy (2005-2009)

Cast

Clu Gulager, Duane Whittaker, Balthazar Getty, Henry Rollins, Jason Mewes

Plot (No Spoilers)

Patrons locked inside of a bar and then trapped inside a small town are forced to fight alien monsters.

Thoughts

A highly entertaining trilogy of schlock-exploitation style flicks with plenty of gore and laughs, and occasionally parts that you can't quite believe you've just seen. The first obviously has a bigger budget and is undoubtedly the best, though the latter two, while far cheaper, are still hugely enjoyable and retain the spirit of the first film. Clu Gulager is particularly good.

DVD Availability

R2 Feast Triple Pack.

Similar watching

Bug, The Mist, Rawhead Rex

Trailer (just for the first film)

Old 22-09-2011, 23:10   #75
Phatmann
HGW XX/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
The Collector (2009)

Cast

Josh Stewart, Andrea Roth and Juan Fernández

Plot (No Spoilers)

Desperate to pay off his debt to his daughter and ex-wife, Arkin an ex-con plots a heist at his new employer's country home, unaware that a second criminal has also targeted the property, and rigged it with a series of deadly traps.

Thoughts

Considering this is directed by Marcus Dunston, the same guy who did Saw IV-VII it is easy to make comparisons between this and the Saw series. Fitting into the category of "torture porn", The Collectors is privy to some great death scenes including a brilliant bear trap related death and plenty of gore, but it never seems to much, everything fits nicely into the framework of the film.

As with most of the films i've mentioned in this thread, the Collector never tries to be anything that it is not. It is a (relatively) low budget and simple film with everything being spelled out after 10 minutes or so and from there on you can just be entertained by the on screen carnage. The frequent quiet moments of tension and fear as well as the claustrophobic setting and soundtrack create an atmosphere that is rare to find in many modern horror movies. The Collector himself is a great character and one I hope will return in films to come.

DVD/Blu-ray availability

Available on both DVD and BD in the UK and USA

Similar Watching

The Saw series, Hostel I and II, Amusement (really scraping the barrell here, but the Tabitha section maybe...)
Just watched this and really enjoyed it. The bear trap scene was certainly a highlight. It seems your hopes will be realised as Dunstan has written and directed "The Collection" which is close to completion and will star the likes of Lee Tergesen and Chris McDonald.

I may have to check out more of Dunstan's work as I didn't mind the later Saw movies and it seems he also co-wrote the Feast trilogy which Barn has referred to in the previous post in this thread.