PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20   #1
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

25 Days of Christmas Films

Inspired by @BarnDoor's 'Horror Challenge' thread, I've had this thread idea in my mind for a few weeks now, but now it's the perfect time to get started!

The main goal of this thread is to simply watch as many Christmas movies this month as possible, and providing a short review in this thread once watched. Feel free to just recommend Christmas films in general as well, as the more thoughts and opinions shared will hopefully open everyone up to Christmas films they may never have seen (or heard of) before.

I'll get started!

Arthur Christmas

I remember watching Arthur Christmas in the cinema last year on Christmas Eve with my family. I enjoyed it then, and I still enjoy it now - in fact, I believe I actually enjoy the film more so the second time around. There were plenty of pieces and snippets that I didn't quite catch upon first viewing, so to be able to catch them this time it allows me to really appreciate Arthur Christmas more.

The film looks at how Santa may make his journey in modern day times, which is shown through Santa's new headquarters and technological advances in delivering presents. However despite the new technologies, and bright white snow that could make you cold just looking at it, Arthur Christmas still had a wonderfully heartwarming story that extended beyond just delivering the presents, but also the family dynamic within the Claus household - which turns out to be quite funny on numerous occasions.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Arthur Christmas - and I feel that it is one of the best Christmas films made in years if I'm honest.

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:16   #2
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Sorry Tom, but in all realism I probably would commit suicide if you made me do this.
Joel, you think you're so much better than everyone else but let's face it, you're a cunt!
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27   #3
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I really don't think this is possible to anyone but Hunter. Even Iron would struggle. I couldn't think of 10 Christmas films worth watching, let alone 25.
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43   #4
Thori
  • Supports: Bayern München and Boston Bruins
  • PSN: Robert-_-Shaw

Thori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Old 01-12-2013, 21:30   #5
Jigaboo Johnson
Banned
  • Supports: Real Madrid and Lakers!

Jigaboo Johnson has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

ARthur is bad. Why not see Home Alone.
Jigaboo Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 21:59   #6
chelsea11

chelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprenticechelsea11 is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Never been a big fan of Christmas movies, and would probably only start watching any about a week before Christmas Day at the earliest. I wish I could enjoy them as much as you clearly do. That 'magic' of Christmas has long gone for me.

As Barn said, there aren't that many great Christmas movies anyway. Maybe you could suggest a list, and do a smaller '12 Days of Christmas' movies
chelsea11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 17:47   #7
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

ABC Family Channel actually has a 25 days of Xmas festival going so it lets me catch up on my Rankin/Bass productions for the year.

so far

1) Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

last night
2 ) A Year Without Santa Claus
and
3 ) Santa Claus is Coming to Town
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 16:23   #8
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

@IronCity

I think I'll watch my Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer DVD tonight, along with perhaps The Snowman afterwards. I'll certainly post up my thoughts for both films!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 16:36   #9
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 17:10   #10
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

All you need is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 15:38   #11
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Anyone feeling brave?
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote