PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 07-02-2013, 13:28   #121
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Very impressive Mst Sweey. I must do an update on my system aswell tomorrow, something turned up out of the blue tonight and I couldn't resist.

It's not a GPU or Monitor either.
Spill the beans.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:56   #122
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Some thermal compound ...?
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 16:33   #123
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelian View Post
Some thermal compound ...?
The amount of work involved just to apply that if you're right...
Old 07-02-2013, 16:56   #124
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Alright the deal fell through, it was a 256Gb SSD by Samsung for 90e. After closer investigation I discovered it wasn't the 830,840 or 840 pro series. More like one from 2009 that pulled shitty benchmarks compared to where SSD's range from today.

Just aswell though, I need to stay focused on getting this GPU.

EDIT: Why Jesus why?

http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripher...mment_12621385

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 12:14   #125
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

What's a good site to check components' prices? I know they may differ slightly depending on the region, but they're usually still relatively similar, and I'd like to compare with our local prices.

I need to know if these prices are decent:

MB ASUS I7 INTEL H61 SOK1155 DDR3+SB+LAN P8H61-M LE - 67$

Western Digital WD10EZRX 1TB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" 64MB cache - 71$

Zeppelin 4GB DDR3 1333MHz PC1333 - 24$ (People are recommending these, but the brand is dubious. Other choices would be ASROCK, APOTOP, MG and TWINMOS. Same specifications, around the same price).

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Processor (3M Cache, 3.10 GHz) - 135$

My choices are limited due to the current circumstances, so no access to SSD drives or proper RAM brands, atm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 13:13   #126
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usul View Post
What's a good site to check components' prices? I know they may differ slightly depending on the region, but they're usually still relatively similar, and I'd like to compare with our local prices.

I need to know if these prices are decent:

MB ASUS I7 INTEL H61 SOK1155 DDR3+SB+LAN P8H61-M LE - 67$

Western Digital WD10EZRX 1TB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" 64MB cache - 71$

Zeppelin 4GB DDR3 1333MHz PC1333 - 24$ (People are recommending these, but the brand is dubious. Other choices would be ASROCK, APOTOP, MG and TWINMOS. Same specifications, around the same price).

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Processor (3M Cache, 3.10 GHz) - 135$

My choices are limited due to the current circumstances, so no access to SSD drives or proper RAM brands, atm.
I use Scan, Amazon.co.uk and Overclockers UK to compare prices in GBP. I assume Amazon.com and Newegg for USD - the latter get mentioned a lot on US forums.
Old 27-02-2013, 13:46   #127
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Thanks. All prices are in the same range, except the CPUs, which are a little more expensive over here.

EDIT: 300$ later;

Processor: 7.1
RAM: 7.2
Graphics: 6.5
Primary hard disk: 5.9 -.-

For what I payed, I'm happy with the processor's performance. Still using an old 1GB DDR3 GPU, by the way. It's a surprisingly decent rating but I'm upgrading anyway, no doubt.

Couldn't get a SSD but bought a fine mechanical one which will have to do for now. Will have to wait a bit longer for a new one and when I do, I'll keep the other one for storage.

Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 00:19   #128
PEM
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: HMehta07

PEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by Ali

After a new Laptop if anyone is kind enough to help. Just fixed my current one myself by replacing the screen but the laptop is too god damn big to keep taking around with me. taking it to uni then back home from uni etc

So can anyone help me find a decent laptop?

I have a budget of around £500, and I'd like to have a laptop which is 11-13" in size. Would it be possible to have a laptop that size with some decent power within my budget?

I assume the minimum I would require is 4gb ram with 18ghz processor? 300gb memory?

I have considered a chromebook but really don't like a) the O.S b) not being able to run microsoft office c) not being able to play football manager.

if anyone can help its much appreciated. thanks.
PEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 00:27   #129
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEM View Post
After a new Laptop if anyone is kind enough to help. Just fixed my current one myself by replacing the screen but the laptop is too god damn big to keep taking around with me. taking it to uni then back home from uni etc

So can anyone help me find a decent laptop?

I have a budget of around £500, and I'd like to have a laptop which is 11-13" in size. Would it be possible to have a laptop that size with some decent power within my budget?
13" laptops are more expensive than their 15" laptops due to ultrabooks.

Quote:
I assume the minimum I would require is 4gb ram with 18ghz processor? 300gb memory?
1.8Ghz processor and 300GB hard disk space is what you meant :> I'd say a Core i5 at 1.8Ghz or more, 4GB RAM and a 500GB HDD. I doubt you'll get much of an SSD for a 13" laptop priced at under £500.

If you were willing to move up to 15" then the various variants of the Samsung NP350V5C will come up time and time again when searching so you should look at those first.
Old 09-11-2013, 00:36   #130
PEM
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: HMehta07

PEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
13" laptops are more expensive than their 15" laptops due to ultrabooks.

1.8Ghz processor and 300GB hard disk space is what you meant :> I'd say a Core i5 at 1.8Ghz or more, 4GB RAM and a 500GB HDD. I doubt you'll get much of an SSD for a 13" laptop priced at under £500.

If you were willing to move up to 15" then the various variants of the Samsung NP350V5C will come up time and time again when searching so you should look at those first.
Thanks for the help.

The issues with my current laptop which is a 15" screen is that its not exactly mobile. Its why a smaller screen was my first solution to this but from searching around like you said, for the budget i have, the smaller screen pack less power for smaller budgets.
PEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 10:41   #131
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

@Sweey - I remember a few months ago you recommended that I get a 250GB SSD as I was in the market looking for one. Initially I was thinking of the 128GB, but I saved up some more and went for the 250GB SSD Samsung 840 series. I must say thank you very much because my laptop runs faster now. I can open up the apps simultaneously without much lag and the boot up time is impressive. My only concern is that I notice when I'm doing some video editing it slows down a bit. Could it because I am doing extreme video editing? It's not as bad as it was before with the 500GB HDD (way too slow) but I was wondering what could be the cause? And I've got enough money saved again to actually upgrade my RAM to 8GB (Crucial, which you also mentioned I think).. would it be wise to upgrade it then? What would I notice? What exactly will an upgrade of RAM do for me?

Again, many thanks in advance Sweey, you are the God of technology here!
Old 24-11-2013, 11:12   #132
Sweey
*RETIRED*

You're welcome, happy to help

The slowdown will either be a lack of RAM or the processor only being able to do so much so quickly. I'm inclined to think its the RAM but what you may want to do is encode something, experience slowdown, stop the encoding and view the Performance tab in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del). it should show CPU and RAM utilisation from the last minute or two and whichever was at 95%+ constantly (assuming both weren't) is the culprit. Alternatively, start the encoding with that screen already open and viewable to watch it update as the encoding takes place.
Old 27-12-2013, 13:16   #133
Ramesses II
Banned

Ramesses II is an unknown

I hear PC Harris is very good, 15 arrests this month
Ramesses II is offline   Reply With Quote