PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 18-09-2008, 19:47   #16
t23d
  • Supports: Barcelona

t23d has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Ronaldo has won 2 world cups and is the top scorer in WC history..fact...and whats the prob with not havin ronaldo or veron in their squads, just buy him off the store and put him in the team, is that too hard >?

t23d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:07   #17
Amateur
  • Supports: the bottle of rum and piracy
  • PSN: Davy Jones

Amateur has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by t23d View Post
Ronaldo has won 2 world cups and is the top scorer in WC history..fact...and whats the prob with not havin ronaldo or veron in their squads, just buy him off the store and put him in the team, is that too hard >?
As far as I know, Ronaldo won the 2002 World Cup, and reached the 1998 World Cup Final.

Where is his 2nd World Cup Title?? I hope you are Not referring to the World Cup that Romario and Bebeto won in 1994, that would be massively unfair.

It's the same with Pele, people say he won 3 World Cups -when- in reality he won 2 World Cups. And according to the records "Kaka" won the 2002 World Cup -even- though he didn't played 1 second of it.. ridiculous statistics.

I don't know about you, but I just don't go giving away World Cup Titles to everyone.

You now what's really really UNDERRATED?? Runner-Ups, no one ever mentions anything about runner-ups.. when probably, the Final Match was "Fixed" for one team.

I know it may sound ridiculous to some people, but in my Opinion reaching the World Cup Final is just as good as winning it. Even more so considering how many Finals have been clearly "Fixed".

People prefer to describe anarchy as chaos when it probably would work as a government with considerably less taxation (and size) -- and it wouldn't be "anarchy" in the supposed or perpetuated meaning of the term, either. But who gives a shit either way, really.

— Amateur

----------------------------------
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:22   #18
dotty
  • Supports: Rangers, River Plate
  • PSN: dotty_84

dotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastdotty is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

I'll just say that i don't think Ronaldo is in the top 5 nor top 10 best players ever. And i doubt most people would have him in those either

Although If you put Ronaldo in his prime around 98 against any other striker in the history of football you won't get many players who could put away more chances than he did. I've never seen anyone finish a ball in the 18 yard box if the ball is at his feet and he had enough time to kick the ball it'd probably go in even when he was fat. when he was thin he would do step over for fun creating his own chances and put him away his goal record speaks for himself. And there have been a handful of players who have been amazing but haven't won cups and titles.

If I had to pick a team of legendry players based on there overall career no he wouldn't be in my top 11 but if i had to pick a top 11 who in there prime were amazing he'd definately be up front.

Stop banging on about Maradona

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:41   #19
goalgerd
  • Supports: shamrock rovers
  • XBox: goalgerd13
  • PSN: goalgerd13

goalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
As far as I know, Ronaldo won the 2002 World Cup, and reached the 1998 World Cup Final.

Where is his 2nd World Cup Title?? I hope you are Not referring to the World Cup that Romario and Bebeto won in 1994, that would be massively unfair.

It's the same with Pele, people say he won 3 World Cups -when- in reality he won 2 World Cups. And according to the records "Kaka" won the 2002 World Cup -even- though he didn't played 1 second of it.. ridiculous statistics.

I don't know about you, but I just don't go giving away World Cup Titles to everyone.

You now what's really really UNDERRATED?? Runner-Ups, no one ever mentions anything about runner-ups.. when probably, the Final Match was "Fixed" for one team.

I know it may sound ridiculous to some people, but in my Opinion reaching the World Cup Final is just as good as winning it. Even more so considering how many Finals have been clearly "Fixed".
kaka played 20mins aginst costa rica in the 2002 world cup

what has riquelme won that makes him so special,he is bottler of the highest order
goalgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:42   #20
goalgerd
  • Supports: shamrock rovers
  • XBox: goalgerd13
  • PSN: goalgerd13

goalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonegoalgerd has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty_84 View Post
I'll just say that i don't think Ronaldo is in the top 5 nor top 10 best players ever. And i doubt most people would have him in those either

Although If you put Ronaldo in his prime around 98 against any other striker in the history of football you won't get many players who could put away more chances than he did. I've never seen anyone finish a ball in the 18 yard box if the ball is at his feet and he had enough time to kick the ball it'd probably go in even when he was fat. when he was thin he would do step over for fun creating his own chances and put him away his goal record speaks for himself. And there have been a handful of players who have been amazing but haven't won cups and titles.

If I had to pick a team of legendry players based on there overall career no he wouldn't be in my top 11 but if i had to pick a top 11 who in there prime were amazing he'd definately be up front.

Stop banging on about Maradona
youve never seen gerd muller so
goalgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 01:32   #21
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalgerd View Post
kaka played 20mins aginst costa rica in the 2002 world cup

what has riquelme won that makes him so special,he is bottler of the highest order
Well, Riquelme has won 3 Copa Libertadores and 1 Intercontinental Cup against Del Bosque's Real Madrid -as- well as reached a Champions League Semi-Final with Villarreal.

Pele only won the Copa Libertadores Twice, even though he played his whole career in South America.

Let me ask you something, have you ever seen Francesco Totti in a Champions League Semi-Final??

Did you ever saw Ronaldinho on a Champions League Semi-Final with PSG??

That's what makes Juan Roman Riquelme special, he can turn Average teams into Champions.

People prefer to describe anarchy as chaos when it probably would work as a government with considerably less taxation (and size) -- and it wouldn't be "anarchy" in the supposed or perpetuated meaning of the term, either. But who gives a shit either way, really.

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 01:52   #22
Lorenzinho
  • XBox: LorenzoMuse

Lorenzinho has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
Well, Riquelme has won 3 Copa Libertadores and 1 Intercontinental Cup against Del Bosque's Real Madrid -as- well as reached a Champions League Semi-Final with Villarreal.

Pele only won the Copa Libertadores Twice, even though he played his whole career in South America.

Let me ask you something, have you ever seen Francesco Totti in a Champions League Semi-Final??

Did you ever saw Ronaldinho on a Champions League Semi-Final with PSG??

That's what makes Juan Roman Riquelme special, he can turn Average teams into Champions.
Wow semi-final. Easy now.
Most hated people right now: Raymond Domenech, Lassana Diarra
Lorenzinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 01:54   #23
mufcsean
is LOST
  • Supports: Man United

mufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Yeah getting into the final doesn't mean anything, making it to the semi's is what counts right

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mufcsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 03:00   #24
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufcsean View Post
Yeah getting into the final doesn't mean anything, making it to the semi's is what counts right
I'm guessing your either Stupid or Stubborn..

Yeah, Ronaldinho reached a Champions League Final -WITH- Barcelona.

On the other hand, Juan Roman Riquelme reached a Champions League Semi-Final with Villarreal.

Get the Point?? Or do you Somehow Still don't get it??

Where was Ronaldinho when he played for PSG???????

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 03:13   #25
mufcsean
is LOST

mufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprenticemufcsean is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Riquelme played well but he wasn't the only player who carried the team, i seem to remember Forlan bagging a few in the latter stages of that seasons champions league, same for the left back Arrabuarrena or something like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-09-2008, 03:14   #26
Amateur

And again, How is winning ONE Champions League better -than- winning 3 Copa Libertadores?? You do the math.

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 03:14   #27
Amateur

Quote:
Riquelme played well but he wasn't the only player who carried the team, i seem to remember Forlan bagging a few in the latter stages of that seasons champions league, same for the left back Arrabuarrena or something like that.
Ask yourself, WHO made the ASSISTS??

FACT still is that Ronaldinho could Not even qualify PSG to the Champions League.. and please consider that the French League is much easier than the Spanish La Liga.

But anyways, I agree that Football is a collective effort, games are Not won by one Individual -but- the player who produced the Plays for Villarreal was Riquelme.. he made his team-mates better, he got them Involved.

Ronaldinho never did such a thing neither for PSG or Barcelona. Great player though.

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 03:24   #28
mufcsean
is LOST

I'm not 100% sure but i think i'm right in saying that Riquelme didn't make every assist.

Anyway, i never said anything about Ronaldinho, i too think he is an overrated tosspile but he was only at PSG for a year and a half i think, so it isn't easy to come abroad settle get into the champions league and then get somewhere in the champions league in such a small amount of time, do you see what i'm saying

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-09-2008, 03:31   #29
retrofooze

retrofooze has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Ronaldo was by and large the best striker of his generation and we havent seen anyone come close to him since, it's pretty safe to say he's one of the greatest strikers ever considering the level he played at.

Also comparing players like Riquelme and Ronaldo are pretty stupid considering they are completely different players, you might as well compare Maldini and Makelele.
retrofooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 03:35   #30
Amateur

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure but i think i'm right in saying that Riquelme didn't make every assist.

Anyway, i never said anything about Ronaldinho, i too think he is an overrated tosspile but he was only at PSG for a year and a half i think, so it isn't easy to come abroad settle get into the champions league and then get somewhere in the champions league in such a small amount of time, do you see what i'm saying
I'm quite sure Ronaldinho played 2 years with PSG -and- Riquelme played 3 years (I think) with Villarreal -so- it isn't that far out.

Riquelme made Both assists I think, although you might be right -as- Forlan scored more than Once. But the Arrubarrena goal was definitely assisted by Riquelme.

Did you watched that game?? Villarreal vs Inter? One of the greatest Individual performances I've ever seen, Riquelme was flawless that night.

Anyways, someone mentioned something about Ronaldinho.. Guess it wasn't you so my apologies for that.

— Amateur