sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 19-09-2008, 13:55   #46
Amateur
  • Supports: the bottle of rum and piracy
  • PSN: Davy Jones

Amateur has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9 View Post
Capello should rather keep his mouth shut, in a couple of months it's going to be someone different...lol.

Don't get me wrong dude, I'm not one of those stupid oaks saying the real ronaldo is the best ever, I'm only saying he is the best of our generation so far.
I don't agree with that -but- I respect your Opinion.

It's also a matter of taste so.. You think Ronaldo was the greatest -and- I think Romario was better than Ronaldo. It's all a matter of Opinion.

People prefer to describe anarchy as chaos when it probably would work as a government with considerably less taxation (and size) -- and it wouldn't be "anarchy" in the supposed or perpetuated meaning of the term, either. But who gives a shit either way, really.

— Amateur

----------------------------------

Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 13:57   #47
Amateur

Quote:
What? you got to be kidding me, Cristiano Ronaldo had 42 goals last season in 49 games, 31 in the league (20 of which was against bottom half teams), and 11 in other competitions. The real Ronaldo scored
47 goals in 49 games for barcelona in 97, 34 in the league and 13 in other competitions. So don't say the real Ronaldo never scored as many goals etc. For assists, I tried to find out, and could only find out about 4 assist Ronaldo got in his couple of games for Barca...I don't know how many he got in total that season. And CR7 only got 8 assist the whole of last season (FACT), and 8 in 49 games is nothing to get excited about.
I also prefer the real Ronaldo to Cristiano Ronaldo.. there's No Doubt about that.

I'm just saying that, in Goals and Assists, there's Not a huge difference between Ronaldo in his Prime -and- Cristiano Ronaldo in his prime.

People prefer to describe anarchy as chaos when it probably would work as a government with considerably less taxation (and size) -- and it wouldn't be "anarchy" in the supposed or perpetuated meaning of the term, either. But who gives a shit either way, really.

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 14:41   #48
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

you said up there you don't respect Ronaldo for having only 2 good seasons between 96-98?

sorry if I'm the one being stupid here...but considering the man has been injured for the majority of his career, been slagged off as 'past it' many times, been called fat numerous times. Every season for Real he'd still bang in a good share of goals & his record with Brazil for scoring is immense. I remember the 2002 World Cup well people saying he's past it or not capable of doing well again, what happens: he wins Brazil the competition.
Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 14:44   #49
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Runner View Post
you said up there you don't respect Ronaldo for having only 2 good seasons between 96-98?

sorry if I'm the one being stupid here...but considering the man has been injured for the majority of his career, been slagged off as 'past it' many times, been called fat numerous times. Every season for Real he'd still bang in a good share of goals & his record with Brazil for scoring is immense. I remember the 2002 World Cup well people saying he's past it or not capable of doing well again, what happens: he wins Brazil the competition.
Somehow.. you forgot to mention Rivaldo -whom- was better than Ronaldo in 2002.

Might as well mention Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Gilberto, Juninho, etc, etc..

Oh yeah, Ronaldo won the World Cup for poor Brazil...

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 14:44   #50
R9NALD9

R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
I also prefer the real Ronaldo to Cristiano Ronaldo.. there's No Doubt about that.

I'm just saying that, in Goals and Assists, there's Not a huge difference between Ronaldo in his Prime -and- Cristiano Ronaldo in his prime.

Suppose CR7 can repeat last seasons perfomance another one or two times I will agree, and win a world cup, fifa world player of the year more than once etc. The only problem is that CR7 is a arrogant cunt, and the world tends to forget about cunts, I know the world fell in love with Ronaldo at first in the nineties cause he was so down to earth, anyways we will see what happen. In my opinion I thought that Maradonna was better than pele, but since he has a horrible reputation with drugs, personality etc. the world prefers pele.

Romario is surely a great player, nobody can argue with that, and it is a matter of taste like you said...personally I prefer Ronaldo, as you do with Romario, and I respect that!
R9NALD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 14:51   #51
Amateur

Quote:
Suppose CR7 can repeat last seasons perfomance another one or two times I will agree, and win a world cup, fifa world player of the year more than once etc. The only problem is that CR7 is a arrogant cunt, and the world tends to forget about cunts, I know the world fell in love with Ronaldo at first in the nineties cause he was so down to earth, anyways we will see what happen. In my opinion I thought that Maradonna was better than pele, but since he has a horrible reputation with drugs, personality etc. the world prefers pele.

Romario is surely a great player, nobody can argue with that, and it is a matter of taste like you said...personally I prefer Ronaldo, as you do with Romario, and I respect that!
Cool..

I agree about Cristiano Ronaldo, somehow he just isn't appealing as a person.

Have you ever seen Footage of the short lived Ro-Ro Attack?? Romario and Ronaldo? It would've been awesome if Romario had made it with Ronaldo to the 1998 World Cup..

People would be talking about How Romario and Ronaldo trashed France in the Final -instead- of How Zidane and the rest of the Franch squad thrashed Brazil. A shame really.

— Amateur

Old 19-09-2008, 14:53   #52
R9NALD9

R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Cool..

I agree about Cristiano Ronaldo, somehow he just isn't appealing as a person.
yeah and from what I've heard he isn't very popular amongst the players as well. I know bartelli (i think thats his name) from inter, said that CR7 is his least favourite player and that he is arrogant.
R9NALD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 15:58   #53
lfcboy

lfcboy is an unknown

Read somewhere today that Ronaldo (the brasilian) might join Man City very soon. If he does maybe PES will be able to get him in the game.
lfcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 16:22   #54
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Somehow.. you forgot to mention Rivaldo -whom- was better than Ronaldo in 2002.

Might as well mention Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Gilberto, Juninho, etc, etc..

Oh yeah, Ronaldo won the World Cup for poor Brazil...
I never forgot to mention Rivaldo I just simply don't think he was as good as Ronaldo. Especially after his antics at the Turkey game. if Ronaldo never scored the goals he did in that World Cup, who else in the Brazil team would have? exactly...
Old 19-09-2008, 18:33   #55
john4
  • XBox: towelie06

john4 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.john4 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.john4 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Rivaldo did do well, i believe him and Ronaldo was on 5 goals a piece going into the final and Ronaldo scored the two winner sto pip him to the golden boat, with an assist from Rivaldo i think, if my memory serves me well, however the attrocious dive kinda overshadowed his performances, like Zidanes headbutt
Old 19-09-2008, 21:05   #56
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

I don't deny Rivaldo had a great World Cup as well, I just thought Ronaldo was the man of the tournament...but yea people remember Rivaldo for the wrong reasons in that World Cup and I bet if he looks back he'd realize what a tit he was.

On another note, I think Rivaldo should really consider retirement, I hear he's playing his club football in Uzbekistan (sp?) now!!
Old 19-09-2008, 21:22   #57
john4
  • XBox: towelie06

john4 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.john4 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.john4 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

then again alot of people have played for Qatar, so long as clubs are still offering good money players will always play
Old 19-09-2008, 21:38   #58
CDDRodrigo
  • Supports: Săo Paulo Futebol Clube

CDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Yeah, here in Brazil nobody ever say anything about Rivaldo... There's 6 years I don't hear anything from him that passes on the TV here...
CDDRodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 10:41   #59
El Pocho
  • Supports: Napoli, Real Madrid, Monaco.
  • PSN: CuorreAzzurro

El Pocho is an unknown

Romario and Ronaldo = absolute phenomenon's but you cannot say undeniably THE BEST still alot of others!

Bergkamp and Ronaldo from Madeira = overrated IMO
El Pocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 11:39   #60
Brendever

Brendever has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Ronaldo was great, I'm not saying he was the best and if I'm not mistaken R9NALD9is not saying it as well, there are players like R. Carlos, Juninho P., Gilberto Silva and Ronaldinho that were equally good an cases you shouldn't compare him with like the true legends (I'm not saying Ronaldo isn't one) Van Basten,Maradona,Pelé, Eusébio,Hugo Sánchez - the ones I listed are forwards.

The topic, I think he, along with the 2 other R's are going to be unlocked by winning the Copa America or the D1 League.

Of course their names will be like, Rareldo,Roelna and Roremo, but is all you can do, unless you have the game for PS2.

Netherlands: Roda JC; England: West Ham Utd.; France: Nantes-Atlantique; Belgium: Club Brugge KV; Sweden: IFK Göteborg; Portugal: Sporting CP; Ukraine: Dynamo Kyiv; Russia: Zenit FC; Paraguay: Olimpia Asunción
Brendever is offline   Reply With Quote