PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 13-12-2013, 01:52   #1
JohnSound

JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Your top 10 (current)

The recent Ozil vs Fabregas thread, the team of the year posts, and the Ballon d'Or got me thinking... who does everyone think are the best 10 players in the world at the moment, in no particular order, unless you want to. It's harder than you think.

The first two names are easy though, no matter your preference, it has to be Messi & Ronaldo. Iniesta has long been regarded as the 3rd best, but this year it's been Ribery or Ibrahimovic, unless of course you were a clueless blinkered English pundit towards the end of last season then you wouldn't be able to see past Gareth Bale. 3rd best in the world? No chance, but top 10? Probably.

On current form you'd have to include Suarez and Aguero, so that leaves just leaves two, and here's where it gets difficult.

So far I've only mentioned one Bayern Munich player and none from Dortmund, no defenders either, so what about Philip Lahm? But then, isn't Thiago Silva thought of as being the world's best defender? Speaking of Brazilians, what about Neymar, is he top 10 yet? If Neymar is, shouldn't Ozil be? What about Falcao? Surely he'd still be thought of as the best out & out striker in the world if he'd gone to a Champions League team. Or is Van Persie the world's best centre forward? Is Xavi now out of the top 10?

So, my list... maybe in order, kind of, but that's not important

Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Suarez, Aguero, Lahm, Falcao, Bale

I know it's all subjective and impossible to compare directly, but who do you think? It'll be interesting to revisit this list after the World Cup.

JohnSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 02:06   #2
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Anderson, Young, Jones, Evra, Buttner, Smalling, Cleverley, Fellaini, Zaha, Ferdinand.

Ronaldo>everyone else. That's all that matters.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 02:18   #3
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Neymar, Iniesta, Suarez, Falcao, probably Xavi, van Persie (when in form, not at the moment), hard not to include Rooney for me, and that is not justmy interest in United, I guess I have to include Ribery.

i wouldn't mind seeing top 10 favorite lists of current players. would look much different, Ribery surely wouldn't be on it
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 02:45   #4
Bammers05
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Eggy_Bread05

Bammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Ribery, Ibrahimovic, Suarez, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Schweinsteiger, Neuer

I'll probably look at that list again in the morning and disagree with half of my own selections though

Also, kinda hard to compare goalkeepers and outfield players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to muscularmatt for helping me find my sig.

Quote:
Be rich off the field and be bitch on the field
Bammers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 14:44   #5
JohnSound

JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Anderson, Young, Jones, Evra, Buttner, Smalling, Cleverley, Fellaini, Zaha, Ferdinand.
Isn't it worrying for you that not many Man Utd players would even make it into a top 10 players in Manchester list, never mind the world?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCity View Post
Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Neymar, Iniesta, Suarez, Falcao, probably Xavi, van Persie (when in form, not at the moment), hard not to include Rooney for me, and that is not justmy interest in United, I guess I have to include Ribery.
So that's 11. Who are you gonna drop?

Quote:
i wouldn't mind seeing top 10 favorite lists of current players. would look much different, Ribery surely wouldn't be on it
Why? He's consistently excellent for a team who is consistently fighting for titles, domestically and in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammers05 View Post
kinda hard to compare goalkeepers and outfield players.
Yeah I know, which is why I didn't include Neuer even though I agree he's the world's best goalie.

Good to see Neymar in both your lists, I was reluctant to put Bale ahead of him and I'm sure, and hopeful, that after the World Cup he'll be in everyone's top 10. I don't understand why people enjoy being down on superstars, we should be happy we're getting to watch these guys in action so much.
JohnSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 19:33   #6
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here
  • PSN: polski_sklep

Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSound
Why? He's consistently excellent for a team who is consistently fighting for titles, domestically and in Europe.
I don't watch much (read: any) German football, but I do regularly watch Champions' League. From what I've seen, he's mainly played second fiddle to Arjen Robben, who I think is a much more effective player.

I know Robben is one of those very one-dimensional players who basically has a bit of pace and is horrendously one-footed, but my God he's unplayable when he wants to be.

I always feel like I'm watching a petulant little shit first and a footballer second when I see Ribery so that skews my opinion no doubt.

If solely looking at the extremely temporary form of this season, then Aaron Ramsey has to be listed amongst the Premier League crop (if indeed there are any of them in lists). Along with Sergio Aguero and Luis Suarez, he's been the standout player in our league this season.

And before you all have rage orgasms, I am not suggesting he's better than all of the elite players knocking about. Take the comment above for what it says, not what it could mean, unless you're desperate to lose an argument.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not even sound same!

Nifty1Pound50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 19:42   #7
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I agree about Ribery, fuck knows how he's always in the top 3 shortlist for the Ballon D'or.
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 23:02   #8
Thori
  • Supports: Bayern München and Boston Bruins
  • PSN: Robert-_-Shaw

Thori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Schweinsteiger, Mariano Barbosa, Juninho Pernambucano, Totti, Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Lucio, Ronaldinho, Naim Aarab
Old 16-12-2013, 00:04   #9
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 01:06   #10
Bammers05
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Eggy_Bread05

Bammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thori View Post
Schweinsteiger, Mariano Barbosa, Juninho Pernambucano, Totti, Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Lucio, Ronaldinho, Naim Aarab

Thanks to muscularmatt for helping me find my sig.

Quote:
Be rich off the field and be bitch on the field
Bammers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 17:30   #11
Thori
  • Supports: Bayern München and Boston Bruins
  • PSN: Robert-_-Shaw

Thori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by AliThori has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
i like underrated players more that overrated, also most of the players i like are retired.
Old 16-12-2013, 17:34   #12
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

In no particular order.

1. Ronaldo
2. Messi
3. Ibrahimovic
4. Ramsey
5. Suarez
6. Courtois
7. Mertesacker
8. Neymar
9. Aguero
10. Lahm
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 19:23   #13
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thori View Post
38-year-old Juninho Pernambucano is currently one of the ten best players in the world? He's currently better than Ronaldo and Messi? Seriously?!
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 20:39   #14
Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outKeyser Soze is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

No order:

Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Lahm, Neuer, Aguero, Ribery, Bale, Iniesta

Could easily chop and change about five of them. It's so subjective and, ultimately, impossible to compare.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 21:19   #15
Choc Ice
Banned
  • Supports: White role models, Croquet clubs

Choc Ice has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Choc Ice has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Choc Ice has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

@Thori I think you are trying too hard to be different because you are a confused, retarded black man. Only explanation as all white people I meet have never shown as much stupidity as this.

There's still time to save you but it's difficult as you are at very bottom of human chain, I like a challenge though.
Choc Ice is offline   Reply With Quote