mattlarge
  • Supports: Norwich City
  • PSN: Largey24

mattlarge has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Golf

Do you like it, do you hate it?
Do you play/ever played?
What do you think about it?
Does it bore you to death, or do you find it quite exciting?
Handicaps?
What do you find appealing/unappealing about it?

Please comment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mattlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 15:20   #2
mattlarge

i like it because it gets me out of the house. i've just finished high school and my main exercise was PE lessons!

i play every 2 weeks, handicap 28 though should be about 26.

it's a fun sport and you can let out your anger, only problem is it's quite an expensive sport, but becoming very popular now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2006, 15:42   #3
Disco Pants
Too Busy Working to Post
  • PSN: Disco_Pants_

Disco Pants has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Disco Pants has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Yeah mate I enjoy Golf, play it every week but play football twice a week.

Broke 100 last year best score on a par 71 is 93.
Disco Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 15:45   #4
Badgerman

Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Badgerman has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I played every now and then with my dad whilst growing up.

Being a natural sportsman golf came quite easy, however my short game isn't up to much.

I should get a handicap but a couple of shitty holes can give you an astronomical number.

It's a good game in that you get a load of fresh air and a good walk about. My local course has a massive fuck off hill which kills you when you drag your clubs up it.

I like finding other peoples' lost balls, especially when they're brand new and I can sell them to my dad for a few quid.

It's not really a saddo's game. Not the most exciting of sports but it's a good laugh.

It is infuriating at times when little things seem to be going wrong that weren't going wrong before.

oc love
wire love
Badgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 15:54   #5
mattlarge

when your not playing well and hit a 60 first nine then it's the worst sport! but when you've just hit a 45 first nine it's great fun.
i also broke 100 last year, my best is 95 on par70. at my course we have a par 5, 638yards!!!!! longest hole in Norfolk.

Old 01-06-2006, 18:10   #6
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Ziss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'm about to go to the driving range in half hour actually!

Not a fan of watching it although did enjoy when Tiger had to replay the 18th with that dude for the cup.
Ziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 18:28   #7
Papa
Thank you for reading.
  • Supports: Fulham FC

Papa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

watching golf is, in my opinion, one of the most boring things a human being can do with their time. Also cricket, curling and darts.

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 18:29   #8
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Ziss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Darts? Darts is great. After golf I'm off down the pub to play darts!
Ziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 21:50   #9
nath_scfc
  • Supports: Stoke City & Denver Nuggets
  • XBox: NathR88

nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Darts is awesome. Golf is good.

Usually just have a whack of a few balls on the Driving Range. NOt played in quite a while, but I am looking to pick up again soon.
nath_scfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 22:06   #10
Papa
Thank you for reading.
  • Supports: Fulham FC

Papa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

darts is fun. watching darts is boring

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 22:35   #11
Singey
  • Supports: Liverpool

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I often nip down the driving range every month or so. And thats as far as I go with the sport. I find it a bit boring after a while, and watching it, well that is complete and utter shnootzplautzer.
Singey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36   #12
Sir Rivaldo

Sir Rivaldo has disabled reputation

golf is great its nice and relaxing playing in good weather but watching it can drive a man 2 do something he should never do like the washing up
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36   #13
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Do you like it, do you hate it? - I love it. If there was no football, Golf would be my most favourite sport.
Do you play/ever played? - I have played it and I am still playing occasionally.
What do you think about it? - I think it's awesome, it's really a good sport and I find it fun.
Does it bore you to death, or do you find it quite exciting? - It's not as exciting as watching or playing football but I guess it depends on the person, for me, It's actually fun both watching and playing it.
Handicaps? - Definitely. At times.
What do you find appealing/unappealing about it? - Appealing because It's a good sport and it's also a etiquette sport. Unappealing because it's a bit expensive really, the whole gear itself costs a hell lot!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:52   #14
mattlarge

Nikos, i meant Handicap as in a handicap you can apply for if you get some good scores, e.g, my handicap is 28 at the moment, but you'd have to play regularly to get a decent handicap.

It's good to see more people playing golf, it's better to start at a younger age (i'm 15 and i started 3 years ago), and it's becoming more of a 'cool' thing to do, it's only the 'hard' people who say they hate golf, or those who think it's a stuck-up, etiquette filled sport, usually cant be bothered to get off their backside's in the morning.

What's the earliest you've ever played golf?

I get up at 4.30am sometimes in the summer when it gets light early because my group who i play with like starting at dawn, so usually 6am tee-off, finish by 10am, and get home by 11am. It doesnt spoil the rest of the day, unless your like me, and need a kip in the afternoon!

Old 02-06-2006, 12:57   #15
Rambo
The Next Big Thing

Rambo has disabled reputation

Golf is shit!!! its so fuicking boring
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote