PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 04-05-2008, 16:06   #16
jedifunk

jedifunk is on a bad road

don't think its a ten... no game is a ten yet...

to me, and after only one entire day of playing, its just more GTA... yes GTA is a class series, and few games can match it... but whats really that much better than GTA:SA?

yes, there are lots of improvements, and the graphics are better, but overall, its still GTA.

but i must say, its squarely an Adult R rated game... i couldn't believe the language at first. and the "hot coffee" and the strip club... thats crazy, just out and out promoting sex.

but my favorite thing so far has been going drinking with roman.. thats just too funny

jedifunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 16:20   #17
hitmanuk2k
The Boss
  • XBox: pesgaming

hitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedifunk View Post
Final Fantasy 7 is quite clearly a 10.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hitmanuk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 16:34   #18
jedifunk

ehh
Old 04-05-2008, 19:17   #19
hitmanuk2k
The Boss
  • XBox: pesgaming

hitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Ehh what...? My statement was fairly clearly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hitmanuk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 19:28   #20
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Ziss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

It's all about opinions at the end of the day. EVERY person who reviews the game is going to be able to pick out something they could improve on, therefore I don't think a game could ever be a 10/10.

Call of Duty 4 for example; I love this game. Easily my favourite game, but I would never give it a 10/10. First of all they could have two players playing online from the same console (like in Halo).

I'm sure if enough people let Rockstar know the areas they'd like to see an improvement they might actually listen, unlike Konami who just seem to be interested in money nowadays, because every PES that comes out seems to be worse than the one before.
Ziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 19:57   #21
The Stig
  • Supports: Liverpool
  • XBox: MikeBurrowz

The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
who gives a [bleep] about planes... they were kinda stupid in SA imo... i can certain do without them...

compared to other games its a 10 and i've only played for 3 hrs... of course the game genre must be considered... but the scope of this game is so huge that that alone makes it better than everything else.

and again, screw planes... whats the point
Quote:

to me, and after only one entire day of playing, its just more GTA... yes GTA is a class series, and few games can match it... but whats really that much better than GTA:SA?

yes, there are lots of improvements, and the graphics are better, but overall, its still GTA.

but i must say, its squarely an Adult R rated game... i couldn't believe the language at first. and the "hot coffee" and the strip club... thats crazy, just out and out promoting sex.

but my favorite thing so far has been going drinking with roman.. thats just too funny
You changed your mind pretty quickly. First you was like oh it's deffo a 10. Next day your saying meh it's just GTA.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:11   #22
jedifunk

yep, i did.. but now i'm rethinking it again..

after having this same discussion on another board. just the scope of the game itself is overwhelming... in example, i watched tv in the apartment for like 30 minutes last night cuz the "space rangers" show was f-ing hilarious...

its stuff like that that makes GTA better than everything else... there's just some much stuff to see and do in it... it crazy.

is it a 10? we'll see... i think, as someone else mentioned, that i will reserve final judgement until i've completed the game (if that ever happens).

oh and my ehh, was to Final Fantasy... but i digress, its simply not my genre of gaming so i shouldn't comment.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:03   #23
greenegg
I drink your Milkshake
  • Supports: Argyle, Plymouth
  • XBox: King Egg
  • PSN: PAFCegg

greenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

No game has ever been a 10 in order for agame it has to be 100% perfect but every game has at least one flaw. Now I'm not slating GTA because I fucking love it but let's not forget this a first attempt at next gen. The way I see this franchise panning out is thus:

Remember when number 3 came out and it was LC aswell? Well it was a leap up the consoles and a really great game but then VC came out and added some features to what was an already familiar game, LC allowed them to work on improving things on VC. Then we had the sheer brilliance of SA and that built upon the previous 2 titles and just added so much Genius.

Now I get a feeling this is how Next Gen could be going. It's still a good 5 or 6 years off but trust me this game was just a water tester and it has tested it so well but if/when the VC version is in development they can use this as a guideline and build upon success. Now then further down the line just imagine if they replicate a vast SA City size

" border="0" />

Even Richard Dawkins thinks Ian Brown is God
greenegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28   #24
wrathchild_uk
  • Supports: Man Utd
  • PSN: instrumentalist

wrathchild_uk has discovered the General Forums. God help us.wrathchild_uk has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I just went to the comedy club and Ricky Gervais was doing stand up...
wrathchild_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 13:28   #25
StaVriS92
  • Supports: Olympiacos, Anorthosis, Real Madrid, Milan, Manchester Utd
  • XBox: xD
  • PSN: Steven_TheRipper

StaVriS92 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
[*]bring back the stats from SA like stamina, sex appeal, muscle, fat etc bring back the martial arts schools and gyms from SA[*]should be able to customize cars
i agree with these! and i m really dissapointed that i cant customize cars...
but for the main idea i give it 9.48 :p
StaVriS92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 13:32   #26
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

If a 10 represents perfection, then of course I wouldn't give it a 10. In the spur of the moment however, after witnessing another great moment that this game is full of, I could well be persuaded to rate it that highly.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 16:11   #27
]NikE[
-=BoPPeR=-
  • XBox: davejaduncan

]NikE[ has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

I'd give it as close to 10 as possible. Planes would never be useful in this game. The size of the city means there is simply no use for planes, choppers are just fine. In SA there was too much countryside which WAS useful for planes.

Right now im really enjoying it still after nearly a week. The story is great, the online play is top notch. This game is as close to perfection as possible.

]NikE[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 17:29   #28
Charlie
  • Supports: Celtic.
  • XBox: Charlie Hegarty

Charlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by Ali

I didnt know that we couldnt fly planes in IV. But Id give the game a 9/10.
Old 28-05-2008, 16:42   #29
PESFan92
  • Supports: West Ham United & Dagenham & Redbridge
  • XBox: smv92, PeS92

PESFan92 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.PESFan92 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.PESFan92 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

The thing that impresses me about this game, theres so much to do. Im only 37.70% in and im stuck on what to do. Storyboard is fantastic, graphics are soo realistic. ATM im just hooked on flying the helicopter(the one from the mission where you have to take down the guy in the air) and landing on a roof, getting my Sniper Rife out and just poping people getting 5 or 6 stars then going against the police. Its brilliant.

Would i give this game a 10? No

I would give this game 9.6/10
PESFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:20   #30
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I'd give it a 7/10. I find the mission to be too repetitive. It's mostly go to point A to point B, kill that guy, mission ends. Then, there's the chase missions.

I enjoyed playing the game up to the Three Leaf Cover mission, which I think it was the best mission in the game. After that, I only wanted to finish the game.

There's nothing much to do when hanging with friends either. I found the Comedy Club to be boring. At the Cabaret Club, it seems that it always end with someone getting hurt.

The only thing that impressed me was the environment and the graphics.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote