PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 28-11-2010, 14:12   #1
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

HBO "Game of Thrones"

Don't know if anyone else cares about this, but my anticipation for this series has slowly been going through the roof thanks to me burning through the first 3 books in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series over the past week. The first season begins airing in either March or April of next year, and will last 10 episodes. For me, it is the only show I have to look forward to barring season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

To sum up what the books/show are about would probably do it a great disservice, but basically it chronicles a dynastic civil war of sorts in the continent of Westeros, with important story and events happening in a continent to the east called Essos and the rising of an old dynasty, as well as venturing beyond the great wall of Ice to the north of Westeros.

The books really are amazing. Part Lord of The Rings (with the medieval setting, amazing locations and characters and hints ofmysteries and of darker things to come) and part Rome/The Sopranos (with drama, intrigue, political manoeuvring betrayal and a lot of blood), and I think it will make for a very good TV series if handled well. The vast array of key characters as well as the depth to which they are explored is one of the things the book does exceptionally well, and so far the casting for these seems pretty spot on.

An inside look as well as the first full trailer airs 12/10/2010 just before the last episode of Boardwalk Empire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 23:20   #2
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

My cousin is an extra in this show.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 13:02   #3
Jonno394
XLV

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Cool, did he meet Sean Bean?

Anyway, new trailer people. The execution of Gared was exactly as I imagined while reading. I'm hoping they keep the prologue from the book and have that as the first scene we see on our screens as it is really a brilliant way to opne as it'll leave you asking questions that you won't find answers for till season 2 at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 30-11-2010, 13:05   #4
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

My dad's mate worked on it and said Sean Bean was a really nice guy.

Even if he said the opposite mind I wouldn't give a shit as he'll always be a legend in this house. You know this.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 13:08   #5
Jonno394
XLV

Yes I know, we all wank off Bean. ANyway, what do you think of the new teaser? I hope this does well as now that i'm further into the books, I want to see it all played out on screen as there are so many great scenes and battles in book 1 2 and 3.

Old 30-11-2010, 13:13   #6
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Cool, did he meet Sean Bean?
Don't know, I'll ask.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 20:19   #7
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

For me, anything by HBO and AMC grabs my attention. Definitely one for me to keep an eye out for next year.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:06   #8
Jonno394
XLV

I came!! Looking good. The last 30 seconds is good stuff, with the old bitch "nan" telling Bran about the long winter played over a short montage.

Some of the characters are looking spot on as well.

I'll be honest, I've given up half way through book 4. The scale of this series and the length it was taking him to write a book meant that George RR Martin split the cast down the middle for this book and this book takes place almost exclusively in the South of the Realm. Unfortunately, the least interesting storylines and characters are in the south, and in every other book I've had the knowledge that even though I was reading a weak chapter, a Northern POV character could be coming up next so it kept me reading.

Hopefully if this book gets made into a series it's sister piece "Dances with Dragons" should be finished, so they could combine it (as it was originally gonna be one huge book) to make the series the story it should be.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:30   #9
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The pilot episode got a great (advanced) review on IGN:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/116/1160215p1.html

It's looking promising.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 13:24   #10
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Been searching everywhere for Game of Thrones, didn't realise the only episode aired thus far was the pilot. Looks bloody epic, worthy of a blu-ray boxset if I ever I saw!
Old 09-04-2011, 17:58   #11
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
Been searching everywhere for Game of Thrones, didn't realise the only episode aired thus far was the pilot. Looks bloody epic, worthy of a blu-ray boxset if I ever I saw!
Well the first episode doesn't air until the 17th. So you haven't missed anything yet.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 23:12   #12
Eric Clyde

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Sky have been hyping this up big time. Only a week away.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Old 11-04-2011, 23:23   #13
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I'll have to get hold of the Pilot episode ... looks awesome. Plus gotta love Sean Bean
Old 11-04-2011, 23:34   #14
Jonno394
XLV

The books are awesome, and I have no doubt the TV adaption will fail to reach their level of quality due to the depth and scale of the story.

That being said, I cannot wait. Just a shame my TV has crapped out. Need to get a new one asap!!

And sminky, could you not just wait until next monday/tuesday when the pilot episode will air officially in the US and UK respectively.

Old 12-04-2011, 20:36   #15
Eric Clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
I'll have to get hold of the Pilot episode ... looks awesome. Plus gotta love Sean Bean
You only have a day to wait between the original air date and the UK air date.

I can understand not wanting to wait 6 months for a series but 1 day is a little inpatient.