PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 08-09-2011, 19:00   #16
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

No one cares about your crappy mail order DVDs.

muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 19:25   #17
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Haven't you died of mozzarella cancer yet?
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 19:46   #18
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
mozzarella cancer
This was entertaining!

Unlike your wank collection of films.
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 19:49   #19
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

You haven't even seen my wank collection of films. It would give you violent haemorrhoids just to behold it.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45   #20
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Dead End (2003)

Cast

Ray Wise, Lin Shaye, Steve Valentine

Plot (No Spoilers)

It is Christmas Eve and the Harrington family are on the way to visit their relatives. The dad, Frank, decides to take a short cut to the in-laws but this turns out to be a mistake as after narrowly avoiding a fatal car crash, they start to encounter a ghostly white woman and the family find themselves hunted by a mysterious black car on the road to a destination that never seems to come.

Thoughts

Dead End is a simple movie that never tries to be anything it isnít. Within the first five minutes you meet everyone and everything you need to know, and from there the film follows its road to the end of the story. Itís characters are realistic and are strong enough to keep your attention, itís premise is interesting and the script is entertaining. The atmosphere created within the car and outside allows for some tense moments and a few decent scares. Plus the film features one of the best Father-to-daughter backhanded slaps you will ever see.

DVD/Blu-ray availability

Readily available on DVD in both the UK and USA, the R2 release has deleted scenes and other extras as well as a widescreen presentation so go with that. A blu-ray release was hinted at but nothing seems to have come of it.

Similar Watching

This feels like an extended Twilight Zone episode so Iíd say the TV show/movie, Iím sure Barn could offer up some for me to edit in at a later time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 15:38   #21
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Maniac (1980)

Cast

Joe Spinell, Caroline Munro

Plot (No Spoilers)

A schizoid serial killer randomly stalks and kills various young women in New York, which he sees as revenge for the mistreatment he got while being raised by his own abusive mother.

Thoughts

Quite possibly the sleaziest horror film ever made, anchored by an astonishingly demented central performance from Joe Spinell. It's truly fucked-up, the sort of film where you almost feel like you need a shower after watching. Misogynists ought to steer well clear of it. Tom Savini's gore effects are among the very best, and we get a strong claimant to the greatest death in cinematic history - all I'll say is shotgun blast from a car bonnet/hood.

Sad facts - we were robbed a loose sequel, 'Mr Robbie' (see recommendations) and a crossover due to Spinell's untimely death: Maniac Cop 2 was supposed to feature Spinell's character squaring off against Matt Cordell. The serial killer played by Leo Rossi is clearly reminsicent of the Frank Zito character in Maniac. Spinell would have elevated Maniac Cop 2 to new heights of brilliance.

DVD Availability

The recent Blue Underground 30th Anniversary Edition 2-Disc DVD (Region 0) or Region-free Blu-ray.

Similar watching

The 'Mr Robbie' promo video (sadly unmade due to Spinell's death) contained as an extra on the DVD/Blu-ray, The Last Horror Film, Maniac Cop 1 and 2, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, The Toolbox Murders, Pieces, Don't Go In The House

Trailer

Old 09-09-2011, 20:05   #22
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

The House on the Edge of the Park (1980)

Cast

David Hess, Giovanni Lombardo Radice

Plot (No Spoilers)

Two lowlife punks invite themselves to a party at a posh villa and after being taunted by their snobbish hosts, hold everybody hostage and subject them to various torture and mayhem.

Thoughts

It's a bit of a rip-off of The Last House on the Left in terms of the name and some of the story/characters - David Hess plays a similar role in both movies. However, this movie is far more extreme and entertaining with a great double team performance from Hess and Radice. The music from Riz Ortolani is a nice touch too.

DVD/Bluray availability

AVOID THE UK RELEASE! The UK release from Vipco is cut by just over 11 minutes. Shameless will be releasing it at some point but they haven't received the bbfc verdict yet and I imagine it will still end up cut by some amount. The Shriek Show Region 1 DVD is the best option if seeking this movie out.

Similar watching

The Last House on the Left, I Spit On Your Grave, The New York Ripper
Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:49   #23
Jonno394
XLV

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Mulberry Street (2006)

Cast

Nick Damici, Kim Blair

Plot (No Spoilers)

A mysterious infection is spreading across Manhattan and six soon to be evicted tennants of a downtown apartment must survive the night as the city spirals out of control around them. Across the other side of the city an Iraq war Veteran is released from the hospital and is surrounded by chaos as she makes her way through to her father.

Thoughts

A low budget debut from the director of Stake Land, this film was unfortunately released on DVD in the UK with the appalling title of "Zombie Virus on Mulberry Street" which has probably led many to overlook it. It is also completely misleading in the fact that these aren't "Zombies".

The atmosphere in the first half hour before the film kicks into gear is crafted superbly, and from there on you are treated to a very tense affair with a great pace. The apartment block allows for a very claustrophobic feel in the second part of the film. Possibly the best thing is that there are no "cunt" characters within and they are very real in their performance.

A well crafted and superbly acted low-budget affair from a director who I hope goes on to great things.

DVD/Blu-ray availability

Available in the UK and US, the only difference between releases are the names, cover art and on disc menus. If you can put up with the shit UK release changes, you can find this for under £3 and it is well worth it.

Similar Watching

Dawn of the Dead, Pontypool, 28 Days Later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:57   #24
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)

Cast

Nathan Baesel, Robert England, Zelda Rubenstein, Scott Wilson

Plot (No Spoilers)

The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them.

Thoughts

A brilliantly observed expose of the slasher film makes for one of the best horror films of the past decade. The first half plays like a black comedy with some great moments and insights into the workings of a serial killer, though the film gradually morphs into a more conventional horror in its final act. Nathan Baesel is brilliant as the eponymous killer, while Scott Wilson is terrific in a supporting role as his killer mentor, with the pair sharing some delightful conversations about their exploits and methods, and name-checking other famous killers of celluloid as if they were acquaintances (their stuff is a lot longer on the deleted/extended scenes).

DVD Availability

The US DVD has a plethora of extras. I cannot speak for the UK DVD but I'm guessing it must be the same because it's also released by Starz/Anchor Bay.

Similar watching

Man Bites Dog, The Magician (2005), Long Pigs, Last Horror Movie

Trailer

Old 11-09-2011, 08:52   #25
Jonno394
XLV

Whisper (2007)

Cast

Josh Holloway, Michael Rooker, Joel Edgerton

Plot (No Spoilers)

An ex-con and his fiancee along with two strangers are hired to abduct the son of a wealthy New England socialite. Awaiting instructions in a secluded hideout infighting begins and it becomes clear that the boy is not as innocent as he appears.

Thoughts

Going in to this film I had literally no idea what to expect. I picked it up on a whim because it had Josh "Sawyer from Lost" Holloway in but it turned out to be a great horror/thriller that doesn't adhere to cliches and abandons the camera edits and cheap scares that so many horrors do.

Whisper does away with explicit violence and gore but brings with it an engaging story as well as solid acting that helps create a great atmosphere and builds suspense until the twist at the end.

DVD/Blu-ray availability

As far as i'm aware there are no major differences between the US and UK DVD release, so grab the UK one which is readily available for under £3.

Similar Watching

The Omen, Orphan, Case 39

Old 11-09-2011, 09:27   #26
Ultimate777
Banned

Ultimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Haven't got time to seek out the covers so I'll just list the movies below.

The Cube
Serpent and the Rainbow
Rose Red
Jacobs Ladder
Pet Cemetery 1 and 2
Cradle of Fear
The Fly 1 and 2
Demons
Ultimate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:59   #27
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

The Prowler (AKA Rosemary's Killer, 1981)

Cast

Lawrence Tierney, Farley Granger

Plot (No Spoilers)

A masked killer, wearing World War II U.S. Army fatigues, stalks a small New Jersey town bent on reliving a 35-year-old double murder by focusing on a group of college kids holding an annual Spring Dance.

Thoughts

While not quite as good as My Bloody Valentine, The Prowler is a very efficient slasher from the 'Golden Age' of the genre with a strong premise, killer (with a great look), and setting. With Tom Savini supplying effects the deaths are inevitably excellent, including a brilliant head explosion, the execution of which is explored among the extensive extras on the DVD. Savini and director Joseph Zito would reteam for Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, arguably the third in the 'holy trinity' of great 80s slashers alongside The Prowler and My Bloody Valentine.

DVD Availability

US Blue Underground DVD or their region-free Blu-ray.

Similar watching

My Bloody Valentine (Both), Friday the 13th Parts III and IV, Nightmare

Trailer

Old 11-09-2011, 14:57   #28
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Magic (1978)

Cast

Anthony Hopkins, Ann-Margret, Burgess Meredith

Plot (No Spoilers)

A ventriloquist is at the mercy of his vicious dummy while he tries to renew a romance with his high school sweetheart.

Thoughts

A classic ventriloquist/dummy horror movie directed by Richard Attenborough with a terrific central performance from Anthony Hopkins. You can see where the film is headed but the journey is still entertaining and there is plenty in the movie for it to be considered a horror classic, but it isn't.

DVD/Bluray Availability

The 2-disc Anchor Bay release in the UK is the best DVD available. It's also available on bluray but is Region A encoded.

Similar watching

The Great Gabbo, Dead Silence
Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 16:01   #29
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973)

Cast

Kim Darby, Jim Hutton

Plot (No Spoilers)

A young couple inherits an old mansion inhabited by small demon-like creatures who are determined to make the wife one of their own.

Thoughts

The remake of this 70s TV movie is about to hit, but you'd do well to check this out first. Known as the movie which terrified a generation of young Americans, the creatures may seem a little dated now but there's no denying that this still packs a chilling punch even with its 70 minute running time.

DVD Availability

Warner Archive have recently remastered this title complete with an audio commentary; the original transfer was very dark and at times almost impossible to see but this is much better. DVD is a US release but region 0.

Similar watching

'Inside the Closet' episode of Tales from the Darkside (Season 1 Episode 7), 'Amelia' segment of Trilogy of Terror, The Gate

Trailer

Old 11-09-2011, 17:54   #30
Jonno394
XLV

I see the one a day went right out of the window barn....